- Text Size +
Chapter 46:

We had taken about a four hour journey to Tampa Bay, Florida. That's the first place they would kick off their tour. Then they'd hit a few more places in the US, go down to Mexico, hit South America, then go to Europe.

The hotel rooms took my breath away. Every dancer got to choose whether or not they wanted to bunk up. Howie had already decided to take Nastasia into his own room. And AJ's room was right next to their's. I got the room right across from Howie's and AJ's rooms. Chase would bunk with me I guessed.

I had spent most of the time in my room. I hadn't seen AJ or Nastasia since the fight on the bus. I felt horrid as I toiled over the cruel words that had been spit out at me. I couldn't deny them though, which made that the worst of all.

"Mommy! Daddy wants to dake me with Owdie for icedream! Then he said he'd take me and Owdie to areda. Plead?!" Chase asked me as he ran into our hotel room. I sat up and rubbed my eyes, I had been crying and sleeping.

"What Chase?" I asked, not clear on what my son was actually asking me.

"Can I do?"

"Go where?"

"Wid daddy and Owdie!" Chase answered me, the urgency in his voice woke me up a bit as I stared at our door. There was AJ, he still looked very upset at me. I knew he was. Which made me even more edgier.

"I don't know Chase..." I stated hesitantly as AJ glared at me.

"Aunt Stazzie and Daddy be therd!" Chase answered.

"I know, but I'm not sure I want you there without me."

"After ruining my relationship with Stazzie you decide to ruin my relationship with Chase too?" He asked me, regret stabbed at my heart. I retreated, making no move to yell back. What could I do? I had seriously damaged his relationship with Nastasia hadn't I?

"It's not like that AJ!"

"Sure it isn't..." He answered, rolling his sexy eyes at me.

"It isn't!"

"Then explain it to me." He growled back, I could see the fire in his eyes. I found myself stumped, how could I answer such a question?

I remained silent.

"I'm taking Chase. He'll be with me till after the show. You can come if you want, but I doubt you will." He answered me with a curt tone. He bent down and picked Chase up with his good arm and slammed the door. Sending me into another fit of tears.

************

Nastasia found herself alone at the arena. Her heart ached as she sat with her legs dangling off the stage. She stared at the empty seats, they were so much like her heart at the moment. Nothing but loneliness and sorrow.

Lauren was upset with her for spending too much time with AJ. But he was her "brother", Nastasia couldn't understand what was wrong with the way she hung out with AJ. It just made her more depressed as she laid on the floor. No one would be around for another few hours.

She needed time to think. To think about AJ and her relationship, how things had gotten complicated and twisted. She felt like screaming out with rage, but that would be too much like her father. Just too much.

She felt like she had been lying around for hours as she stared up at the ceiling. Feeling lazy, Nastasia let out a loud sigh as she decided she would start to do what she had actually came here to do in the first place.

With dancer grace she jumped up and grabbed her head phones and her cd player for when she jogged. She had recored a bunch of the songs she had to learn her performance to. She switched on her headset to, "That's the Way I Like It" and took her spot.

*************

AJ and Howie held each of Chase's arms as they walked into the arena. AJ was silently hoping that Nastasia would be here. He knew her too well, whenever she was upset she would dance. Why wouldn't she be here?

"Aunt Stazzie be hered Daddy?" Chase asked as they made their way to the center stage. AJ was about to speak to his son when they stopped, admiring the angel onstage.

Nastasia had already begun her dancing. She looked fantasic in her loose faded baggy jeans and a white tight tanktop. She spun her hair into a long ponytail which gleamed under the light.

Her movements were timed at the right second and each movement flowed with a certain energy that no one could ever teach a dancer. She moved her hips and body in such a way that it was too alluring. AJ found himself gasping at some of the moves she had done.

"Somebody told me that you're not my kind! So have I lost my mind? You keep on doing all the things I like, you've got me hypnotised. But, that's the way I like it!" Nastasia belted out with a voice that sounded like it was heaven sent. Even without the music she sounded like a diva. Howie's voice caught in his throat as AJ approached her, she was still belting out the lyrics like a professional.

"NASTASIA!" AJ called as he put his arms around her waist and picked her up and spun her. Nastasia yelped in surprise as she tore off the headphones and looked at Chase, Howie, and AJ.

"You guys scared me!" Nastasia laughed as Chase ran up and wrapped his arms around her neck. She smiled and picked him up, kissing his sweet hair.

"Aunt Stazzie sing preddy!" Chase cooed as he stared at her with admiration.

"Thank you Chase." She laughed as she set him back down on the stage.

"Hey baby, great singing, and dancing." Howie laughed as he wrapped his arms around Nastasia and pulled her in for a kiss. She eargerly accepted it, but pulled away when she felt AJ staring at her.

"Hey Stazzie." AJ smiled softly.

"Hey JJ." She answered awkwardly.

"What's happening?"

"Dancing. What else do I ever do?"

"Nothing." AJ answered, chuckling a bit as he stared deeply into her eyes. He probed into her ocean colored eyes. He saw the hurt and deep regret. He winced as she looked away for a moment. "Uh...Stazzie..."

"Hmm?" She asked.

But before AJ could talk to her he was sadly interupted. "FIGURES YOU'D GUYS BE HERE EARLY!!!" Nick yelled as he and Brian ran up to the stage.

"Figures you'd be late!" Nastasia answered as she turned away from AJ to greet Nick and Brian with hugs and kisses. Which made AJ wince again. Chase watched his dad with curiousity as AJ walked over and tugged Nastasia aside. She flew from the force of AJ's tug.

"Jezz...what's your problem?" She asked as he still held tightly onto her left arm. She stared at him showing no expression on her face. She was afraid to, she was afraid to hurt AJ.

"Don't go anywhere after the show. We have talking to do. And I mean it." He answered sternly as he lead her back to the group who was playing with Chase.