- Text Size +
Chapter 48:

AJ moaned again as he found himself running after Nastasia. He hated the way she just forgot about things and never wanted to discuss them openingly. He ran out of the room and walked down the hallways. He zoomed in and out people, then he saw Howie.

"YO D!" AJ yelled, fustration covering his face as he ran into the game room. That's where everyone calmed down after a show.

"What?" Howie asked as he turned around, he was talking to Nick and Brian, but AJ's distress made him worry a bit, "Can't find Chase?"

"Did you see Stazzie?" AJ blurted out.

"Why?" Howie asked suspisiously.

"Can't you just answer my damn question?!" AJ yelled.

"She ran out down the hall a minute ago. I think it's the one that leads outside." Nick answered quickly as he pointed to the direction of another hallway. Howie looked shocked. Suspision frozen in his dark eyes.

"She looked upset..." Brian commented, "If you hurry I bet you could catch up with her in a jiffy..."

"Jiffy?" Nick smirked.

"Shutup!" Brian hissed, "You better run though man. That chick is speedie!"

"Howie don't even start with your lecture! I'll find her! You go get Chase and wait with him. We'll be ready to go in ten minutes flat! I swear!" AJ called as he began running down the hallway, hoping to catch up with Nastasia.

*******

It was much easier getting backstage than I had thought. My heart pounded as I walked into the bussling people, everyone congradulating everyone else at the moment.

I was shocked as I went into the game room to find Howie, Brian, and Nick hanging out, talking in hushed voices. It became quiet when they all gazed at me. Howie was a little upset, I could see it in his eyes. I didn't know whether it was me or something else.

"Hey Lauren!" Brian greeted happily as I walked over, faking a smile on my lips.

"Hey, Chase around?" I asked, not really caring at this moment where Chase was. I knew he was in good hands, I trusted them.

"He's in the dressing room sleeping. We wore him out. Although I think in some cases he might of wore us out a bit too." Nick laughed as he took a deep slug of water.

"Awesome. I won't have a problem with him tonight."

"Yeah." Brian nodded towards me.

"So, where's his father and aunt?" I asked, I didn't know if all of them knew about the whole ordeal, but I knew Howie did. It was in his eyes as he looked up at me. Anger flaring a bit again.

"Planning on getting her upset again?" Howie asked.

"No..." I hesitated, I didn't want to get in another fight with another guy. God, why did they all stick up for her in the first place?

"Staz went running down that hallway..." Nick answered, and that was all I needed to hear for the moment.

"Thanks, bye!" I answered as I ran down the hallway, I knew a little of this place from running around before the show. She would be heading outside, and I knew a quick shortcut to get from that point to stop her. I was in good hands.

*******

AJ continued to run down the pretty well lit hallway, he could hear Nastasia's cries. He felt horrible, but he had to get to the bottom of this. He was dying to have his best friend back. He really cared for her. He continued to run as fast as he could, then he heard a scream.

********

I had cut Nastasia off in the nick of time, which I was pretty happy about. I knew she was fast. She gave out a wild scream of frustration as she eyed me with the anger toiling in her ocean eyes.

She glared at me once more and turned to run the other direction, but stopped half way. She let out another scream. I looked ahead of her and my heart jumped.

It was AJ.

"God! How come you guys always corner me?! It's not fair damnit!" Nastasia moaned loudly, she had no where to go this time, she was stuck. Now she had to face her problems.