- Text Size +
Chapter 49:

I watched Nastasia's eyes darted frantically from me to AJ. She wanted a way out, but as far as I could see she wasn't getting past AJ at the moment. And I sure as Hell wasn't letting her past me.

"GOD, Can't y'all just leave me be?" Nastasia moaned at both of us. I saw the anger flare in AJ's eyes as Nastasia continued to look at me. Her eyes showed all the anger and hurt she had been feeling. I winced.

"We have to talk." I answered calmly.

"So you can yell at me again? Hell no. Why would I want that?" Nastasia answered as she glared at me, her ocean eyes toiling a hurricane of emotions.

"I..."

"No, she's talking with me. Then you can say whatever you want to her Lauren, but you're not screwing our relationship up more than it already is." AJ answered before I could reply to Nastasia's remark. I shrank back, I never wanted to speak up to AJ. I couldn't ruin the relationship we had started to build, although I need to rebuild it in the first place.

Nastasia whizzed around to face AJ, tears threatening her beautiful ocean eyes. She looked so helpless at that moment, I guess guys loved that about her too. Which made me a little bit more jealous.

"Why should I talk with you? All you do is yell at me too." Nastasia whispered as she stared at him.

"I won't yell Stazzie, but we do have to talk. Now."

"I thought I told you to leave me alone?"

"I think the words were leave me the HELL alone, but you know I don't listen to a word you say. Unless it's something important." AJ said, grinning lightly at Nastasia. Her eyes softening a bit. AJ's anger started to melt as he stared back at her, I wish I could do that.

"Promise me you won't yell...I hate that." Nastasia whimpered like a child as AJ held out his left hand to her. She grabbed it and waited for his answer. I tried to let my jealousy dim, but somehow I couldn't. I guess I did need to talk with them.

"I won't yell. Unless you're being Blonde." AJ answered.

"Fine." Nastasia laughed a little awkwardly, I guess she still knew I was jealous and still didn't know how to act around me and AJ. Which was my fault, yet again.

"Lauren. We'll go back to the dressing rooms to talk. You can wait in the adjoining one while Nastasia and I talk. Then you can come in and say your peace. No other way is acceptable at the moment." AJ answered, waiting for me to defy him. His brown eyes had started to singe with anger. I didn't want that again...

"Fine." I agreed.