- Text Size +
Chapter 50:

I trailed behind A.J and Nastasia, he had his arm around her shoulder protectively. I shook my head sadly, still scorning myself for all the sadness I had caused my best friend. Some friend I was...

We reached the dressing-rooms, which seemed to take forever and the two of them walked in and shut the door, leaving me alone in the hall. A real slap in the face. I shook my head, I deserved it. I knew they were both really angry at me and I deserved it. I walked to the other dressing-room door and opened it quietly, remembering how Brian had told me earlier that Chase was in there sleeping. Sure enough, I spotted him spraweled out on his stomach on the couch, sound asleep, with not a worry in the world. His little Pooh Bear had fallen to the ground next to the couch and his little arm dangled over the side. He looked so adorable and I smiled and took a seat next to my sleeping child.

I just sat there and sighed. I was beginning to regret making the decision to come on the tour. I would only be causing them more problems if I stayed, so as I sat there, I decided that first thing in the morning, I would catch a flight back to Orlando. At least it would take all the stress and anger away from everyone I was causing, I figured I would let Chase spend part of the tour with his father. I didn't want to mess up their relationship like I had with A.J and Nastasia.

*****

" C'mon Stazzie, talk to me, " A.J begged for the third time as he sat down after pacing the room. Nastasia hadn't said a word since they entered the room. She didn't even look at him as he talked, frustrating him even more. All he wanted was for her to at least acknowledge him.
" Stazzie, it's killing me inside that you won't even talk to me! You're my best friend, my " sister ". Just...geez... "

Nastasia sighed deeply and looked up at him through teared eyes. " I don't know what to say JJ, I...I'm sorry... "

A.J looked deep into her eyes and hurt filled him. " If you want to end whatever friendship we've ever had, than just tell me. But please Stazzie, don't ignore me or give me the cold shoulder, because that kills me inside, that breaks my heart, " he whispered.

Nastasia's lips quivered as she stared into A.J's caring brown eyes and completely broke down. A.J rushed to her and pulled her into his arms. " JJ...I...I just didn't...want anything to go wrong...between you and Lauren. I...just wanted...everything to be ok between the two of you...again...I didn't...want to ruin it... "

" Oh god Stazzie, you weren't ruining anything... " A.J replied soothingly, hugging her tightly to his body. He hated seeing her like this. " You were never ruining anything...don't even think that... "

" But... "

" No buts, Stazzie. " A.J pulled away from her and wiped away her tears. " I just want my best friend back... "

" Okay, " she whispered and hugged him again.

" So, are we cool again, Blondie? " A.J asked with a grin.

" Blondie? You jerk! " Nastasia laughed, smacking him playfully on his shoulder.

A.J laughed. " I'm just playin', but seriously, we cool again? "

" Yeah, we're cool. "

" Great. "

" I guess I need to talk to Lauren, " Nastasia said quietly, the hurt returning a bit to her eyes. " So I'll meet you back in the game
room. "

" Are you sure? "

Nastasia laughed. " I'm sure, I need to fix things with Lauren. "

" Alright, I'll go with you to get Chase and then I'll leave the two of you alone. "

" Alright... "

*****

I was so far off in another world, that I didn't even realize the door that joined the two rooms opened. It wasn't until A.J came over to the couch and picked Chase up, that I realized they had come into the room. He looked at me, this time, not a look of complete anger, but more of a look of anger and forgiveness. I had to look away...

After he had left the room and shut the door, Nastasia came over to the couch and sat down beside me. I couldn't even get myself to look at her, I felt so ashamed.

" You still wanna talk? " she asked me quietly. " Lauren? "

" I'm really sorry Staz, " I replied, still not looking at her, afraid to show her the tears that were cascading down my cheeks. " I've been a real bitch the past two weeks and I'm really sorry. I shouldn't have acted like that, especially to you. You're my best friend and you didn't deserve it at all and - "

" Whoa, Laurie, it - "

" No, I've treated you like shit, I guess you can call it, when I should be thankful. Because if it weren't for you, A.J wouldn't be here still and Chase wouldn't have his father anymore. I never really gave you credit for that, I'm really sorry and - "

" Laurie! Chill! Give me a chance to talk! " Nastasia half laughed and turned me around to face her. " Listen, I accept your apology and everything, I just don't want us to fight, ok? It hurt me so much when we were fighting, because damnit Laurie, we've never faught like this before. So can we call it a truce, or otherwise, this tour is just going to be pure hell... "

" Yeah, we can call it a truce, but the tour's not gonna be pure hell either way, " I stated quietly, looking down at the ground.

" What's that supposed to mean? "

" I've decided I'm gonna catch a flight first thing in the morning, back to Orlando... "

Nastasia looked at me, surprise written all over her face. " Whoa, Laurie. Why? "

" Because if I stay, I'll just cause you guys more trouble then I already have, and I know A.J doesn't want me around. So why should I stay? "

" C'mon Laurie, you know that's not true. You can't just leave. "

" Well, I'm going to. I'm gonna let Chase stay for half the tour because I want him to spend more time with his father and - "

" No Laurie... "

" I've made up my mind. I just don't think I should be on tour with you guys. I don't want to cause anymore problems. "