- Text Size +
Chapter 51:

That night Nastasia had rushed into AJ's room. Howie was already sleeping and didn't know she was gone. She hoped he was awake.

Sure enough he was.

"Hey bum. Why you still awake?" Nastasia asked as she jumped onto AJ's bed. He threw his magazine aside and laughed at Nastasia's playfulness.

"Shouldn't I be asking you the same question Blondie?" AJ answered with a wry grin as Nastasia glanced back at him, acting offended.

"I know your weak spot. Don't mess with me."

"Ooooooooooh."

"Shut up JJ!"

"Sorry Stazzie!" AJ laughed as he pulled her into a hug. She hugged him back tightly, "I'm so glad I have my Stazzie back and ready for action."

"Yeah!" Nastasia answered happily.

"You danced well with Nick tonight."

"He stepped on my foot though!" Nastasia moaned as she laid back on AJ's king-size bed. He laughed as she scrunched up her face in a pout.

"He's forever stepping on your cute little toes." AJ teased as Nastasia held up one of her bare feet and examined it for a moment.

"I know they're cute!"

"Alright, enough! You're turning me on!" AJ laughed as Nastasia sat up quickly. She looked shocked at his answer. She quickly tugged her tank-top up and the pair of boxers she had stolen from Howie down a bit.

"You're such a hornball!" Nastasia laughed as AJ fixed a long strand of blonde hair from out of her eyes. She smiled at him greatfully.

"So, why did you come in here in the first place if you knew I'd be horny?"

"Well... I wanted to talk to you about Lauren..."

"You seem happier and I'm taking it as you guys are friends again." AJ answered stiffly. He was still a little angery at Lauren. He didn't want to admit it, but he was.

"Yes...but she's leaving tomorrow..."

"WHY?" AJ asked, surprise written all over his face.

"Because she doesn't want to piss you off more than you already are. She's letting you keep Chase for half of the tour, but she's going to the airport tomorrow. Instead of jumping on the bus where she should be."

"Good, as long as I get Chaser."

"ALEXANDER!"

"What?!" AJ whimpered.

"She still loves you. And she wants to be with you. Why can't you admit that you want her back too?"

"Because she already tried to screw up our relationship. And that really hurt me. Why should I trust her again?"

"Because..." But Nastasia's voice drifted off.

"You can't give me an answer can you?"

"No..."

"So, there's no use."

"But!"

"Yes?" AJ waited.

"She'll stay if you want her too. And I know inside your heart you do want her here. Even if you can't admit it to me. So, think about it..."

"Fine."

"But I better get back to Howie...He might get cranky." Nastasia answered as she stood up and adjusted the boxers to let them ride on her hips. AJ thought she looked very beautiful in the lighting, not that she never looked beautiful...She always did.

"Who's the hornball now?" AJ cracked, knowing they were just friends. Nothing more.

"ME!" Nastasia laughed as she gave him a tight hug and went to the door, resting on the frame, "Just think about it ok?"

"Okay." AJ laughed as she left, leaving him to think.

***********

I gave kisses goodbye to Chase before I left that morning. AJ was still sleeping, and I doubted that he would ever wake up to see me off. Nastasia had still been pleading with me to stay, but she knew the reason I wasn't.

They all did.

I sat on one of the cold plastic chairs as I waited for my flight to be called. Soon they would be leaving for another concert. I believe the next one was in South Carolina...

"NOW BOARDING FLIGHT 216 TO ORLANDO FLORIDA!" An announcer boomed on the intercom. I rose sadly, I wished AJ had come to take me away. As I gathered my on-flight cargo I slowly progressed to my flight.

"LAUREN!"

What? Was some calling my name? I stopped for a moment to listen...

"LAUREN!"

I turned around slowly and my jaw almost hit the floor. I saw AJ running up towards me. He looked very sexy in a black tank-top and khaki cargo pants. His dark eyes hid behind glasses and his frosted tipped hair hiding under a cowboy hat.

"AJ?" I asked, surprise written all over my face as I stared back at him. He approached me nochalantly. I noticed relief in his brown eyes as he took off his sunglasses.

"I came to bring you back."

"Bring me back?"

"To the tour."

"Why?" I asked.

"Chase misses you."

'You're lying. He has Staz, and when he has Staz he hardly notices that I am missing. He was fine when I told him I was leaving..." I said as a matter of factly. He couldn't get away with those slick moves.

"Fine, I didn't want you to leave me alone with Chase. I'm not good at the parenting thing yet."

"Staz is there to help you." I replied, a wry smile forming on my lips as my flight was called again.

"FINE! DAMN! I want you to come back! Jezz, why are you women so difficult?"

"Because we can be."

"So will you come back?"

"Are you mad at me?"

"No..."

"Missed me?"

"Still deciding." AJ laughed, "So?"

His brown eyes brought me to remember the good times. I found another goofy smile upon my lips as his eyes pleaded with me. So much like Chase. Guess I couldn't say no this time either.