- Text Size +
Chapter 53:

The trip to South Carolina was shorter than I had orignally thought it would be. But I guess it was because I was happier. AJ and I weren't fighting too bad, we actually were acting like humans. And Nastasia and I were tighter than ever.

Before I knew it the bus had stopped at our next hotel. It was a remote one and none of the crazy fans were outside. It was late at night so I was very thankful, tomorrow would be the show.

"Is that mom?!" I heard Nastasia ask AJ as soon as they were off the bus.

I knew she and Denise, AJ's mother, were very close. She had always been around AJ and grown up with her. Since Nastasia wasn't very close to her mother or father she depended on AJ's mother more than anything. Denise didn't mind it at all anyway, she loved Nastasia. And I hoped she still loved me.

"Mom! Mom! Mom!" I heard AJ and Nastasia cry at the same time as they jumped off the bus and ran to the hotel parking lot. There under the lights was Denise. She laughed as she greeted both with hugs and kisses. I saw Howie laugh as we watched them, approaching slowly with Chase in my arms.

*****

"Stazzie! How's my daughter!" Denise laughed as she kissed Nastasia's cheek and hugged her tightly. Nastasia hugged back with the same energy.

"I'm awesome Mom!"

"Still making the boys weak in the knees with those good looks?" Denise laughed as Howie approached. Howie laughed as he hugged Denise.

"She's not allowed to make them weak in the knees anymore." Howie answered.

"Why?" Denise laughed as AJ slung his arms around his mother, he began to laugh at Nastasia's reactions. She loved his mother, and he was glad. It was something that made him feel even closer to Nastasia.

"Because I'm dating her and she can only make me weak in the knees." Howie laughed as he drew Nastasia near to him. She rolled her eyes and flicked one of her long blonde braids out of her face.

"She's dating him Alex?" Denise asked AJ with surprise.

"Yes...I told her she could do better!" AJ teased as Howie punched him playfully in the shoulder. AJ smirked as Denise laughed.

"I still say that Stazzie got my good looks. How about it Alex?" Denise chuckled as Nastasia hugged her once more.

"Whatever you say mom." AJ laughed as he saw his mother glance down at his bandaged wrist. He looked away, he was doing good without Amanda so far. Thankfully Nastasia was there to help.

"How's your wrist?" She asked him softly.

"Better mom."

"And your heart?"

"Getting there..." AJ answered as he saw me approaching quietly with Chase in my arms. Chase was struggling with me, he wanted his father. AJ grinned from ear to ear as he grabbed Denise's arm and Nastasia's arm. "Mom, I want you to meet someone..."

*********

My heart began to pump faster as Denise had a look of surprise on her face. I could tell by her warm dark eyes that she was happy to see me, but confused too.

"Lauren? Doll, is that you?" Denise asked as AJ brought her and Nastasia to where Chase and I were standing. Chase wormed his way out of my arms and jumped into AJ's arms.

"Hey Denise." I replied, giving her the best smile that I could give her. Even though I was totally nervous with it all. I could see Nastasia's smile, telling me to calm down.

"How are you? Are you friends with my daughter still? Oh my! Dear! It's been sooo long!" Denise smiled as she enveloped me into a tight hug. I laughed as I hugged her back, she was always full of questions.

"I'm fine. Staz and I are best friends. And yes it has been long!" I replied quickly. I knew AJ was dying to show her Chase. I hoped she would love him as much as AJ had come to.

"Mom! I want you to meet this little man right here." AJ said as he took the attention off me and put it back on him.

"Why hello. Who is it Alex?" Denise asked questiongly.

"This is Chase Alexander."

"Alexander?"

"My son." AJ answered shakily. Nastasia held in a breath with me as we stared at the reaction that Denise gave. It was a warm reaction, which surprised me.

"With who?"

"Lauren, that's why she's here."

"Oh...wow..."

"You're a grandma now." AJ grinned as Chase looked at Denise. AJ brought his head down to Chase and smiled, "Chaser this is your new Grandma."

"Grammy?" Chase asked questioningly. I laughed as he stared at Denise fuzzily, "Me have dwo grammy dow?"

"Yes...you do." Denise laughed as tears came to her eyes. She gently reached out and held Chase in her arms gently. She had been crying tears of joy, I guess the bond had been made. Safe and clear.