- Text Size +
Chapter 54:

Chase instantly fell in love with his grandma. They were an inseperable pair. I knew it would help alot to have Denise around.

The sleeping arrangements were the same as last time, Howie with Nastasia, Nick and Brian rooming, Kevin by himself, and this time Chase was with his father, and I alone.

I had just began to unpack my bag, after taking Chase over to A.J's room, when I heard a knock on the door. " Who is it? " I called.

" It's Denise, honey, " she called back.

" Oh, come in, " I replied and walked over to my dresser.

Denise opened the door and walked in, shutting it behind her. " I didn't really get to talk to you much when you got here and it's really great to see you again. "

" Thanks, " I smiled as she gave me a hug and we walked over to the bed and sat down.

" How have you been doing? " She asked me, giving me one of those motherly looks.

" I've been managing. It hasn't been easy, but I've managed to do good so far, " I replied. I had been really close to Denise when I was with A.J and I loved her like a second mom, and just like Nastasia, she had always treated me like her own daughter.

" Chase is really cute. He's so much like A.J and I can see you in him alot too. You've done well with him, " Denise said, the pride of being a grandma shinning in her eyes.

" Yes, he is alot like his father... "

" I'm not trying to ring you out about this, but, how come you never brought it up to A.J about Chase? Chase is what? almost 4 is what A.J was saying and you never told him about his son? " I could tell Denise was trying to word it in the best way possible, so I didn't try to take it personally.

" Denise, I...I did try to. I found out I was pregnant the day after we broke up. I tried for so long to talk to him. I can't even remember how many times I tried calling. He wouldn't accept my calls, so I gave up. I wanted A.J to know about his son, God I did... " I said, my voice trailing off as I looked away, the pain and sadness I had suffered returning to my eyes.

" I want to tell you, that's one thing I never agreed with, Alex shutting you out of his life like that. "

" I never did anything that night with Devon, I never did anything. I would have done anything though, to make A.J see that truth. I never wanted to hurt him. I loved him so much, and Denise, I still do... "

" I know you do, and if I know my Alex well, I know he'll come around sooner or later, " Denise said with a smile as she gave me a comforting hug.

" Thanks Denise, " I said, greatly appreciating it.

" Well, I'll let you get back to unpacking. I'm sure you're exhausted. We'll talk more in the morning - we've got a lot to catch up on. "

" Alright... "

" Goodnight, Lauren. "

" Night, Denise. "