- Text Size +
Chapter 55:

I waited for the concert to end the next night. I kept Chase at home because I knew he wanted to spend a little more time with Denise. She loved him so much already. I was so relieved. I decided to not go to the concert though, only to keep myself away from Nastasia and AJ's ground.

"Hey where's my Chazzie?" Nastasia asked as she came into my room. She had already taken a shower so it seemed. Her hair was bundled into a towel and a pair of Howie's boxers clung to her hips and a large t-shirt to her chest. I figured it was Howie's clothing too. But she did look sweet in it, maybe that's why Howie always let her borrow his stuff. That and he loved her to death.

"He's with your mother." I replied as Nastasia collapsed onto my bed. I looked at her questiongly. She seemed a little weary and looked a little sick. Her ocean eyes were a dull green, indicating she wasn't feeling the greatest.

"Awe...how sweet." She said with half of a smile.

"Are you okay?" I asked, sensing she wasn't feeling well.

"I'm peachy..." She said with half of another smile. I frowned again, she never told me the truth when she wasn't feeling well. Just another one of the things her father did to her. She could never show weakness in front of her father, or she'd face the belt.

"Liar..."

"I'm tired is all. I swear." She answered as she crawled up my bed and jumped under the covers with me. I laughed, as she dug herself deep into the warm covers. I remembered when she and I used to sleep in the same bed when we were little. Always passing on stories to one another in the night.

"Just tired?"

"Yes. So, Mom really loves Chazzie doesn't she?" Nastasia asked me as she rested her head one of my large pillows. I placed down the book I was reading and stared at Nastasia with a smirk.

"Yes. She adores him."

"Who couldn't? He's irrisitable."

"Unfortunantly." I laughed.

"Very true." She sighed.

"Are you sure you're all right?" I asked her once more. Knowing that when she was in pain or when she was sick she always ignored it and tended to other people.

"You should of been there tonight. JJ splashed us all with water. The little jerk...he...man..." Nastasia sighed as if she was out of breath, it looked like she was extremly weak.

"Staz, are you OK?" I asked more sternly, she fixed her ocean eyes on me and stared hard at me.

"I always get tired the first couple of shows. My body is messed up right now...So let me sleep...and I'll be fine...just fine...Ask JJ...he'll tell you..." She murmured.

I always knew when she was lying...and she was this time.

"Staz-"

"Let me sleep here tonight. Or just until Howie comes looking for me. Then wake me up. Promise you'll wake me up if Howie or JJ comes for me?" She asked as she closed her eyes. She looked so sweet and angelic laying there. I didn't have the heart to tell her to get out, and I never would tell her that.

"Sure angel." I smiled as she drifted off into her sweet dreams.