- Text Size +
Chapter 61:

Howie walked slowly into his empty room. It was dim and lonely. Nastasia had pretty much moved into Lauren's room, or AJ's when she got desperate. All she did was keep her clothing in here and waited till he was out of the room. Then she came in and did her buisness, then left.

Howie's heart ached as he walked slowly into the bathroom. He saw some of her left over hair products and things lying on the counter. He held a bottle of her shampoo and sniffed it, the aroma of roses permeated the air.

Howie felt himself falling into a black hole. He fell to the floor in agony as he let the sobs over take his senses. Tears streamed down his face as he looked around him. Nothing but her things. Not the real thing. Not her. Just her stuff.

As Howie became more depressed he noticed a box in the trash can. He wiped back his tears forcefully as he retrieved the box from the can. His dull eyes scanned the box as he read it aloud, "Pregnancy Test?"

Howie's heart pounded as he thought about Nastasia's behavior the past few days. He found his hands shaking violently the box gently, out came spilling the test...

*****

"Daddy! Daddy! Daddy!" Chase squealed loudly. I laughed as I tickled him harder. We were still in AJ's room, wrestling around on the bed. I had been having a great day, well, until Howie showed up...

My heart ached, Nastasia still hadn't really opened up to me at all. She seemed to clamp herself shut even tighter. I didn't know what to do, and AJ knew that I knew something. God, I wished I could tell, but I promised Nastasia.

"CHASE! I'LL SAVE YOU!" AJ cried as he tackled me and threw me playfully to the floor where all the pillows ended up anyway.

"AJ!! Let me go!!!" I squealed as he pinned my arms down. Chase began to cheer his father on as AJ pinned me tighter. Chase watched as we became silent. Our heads leaned closer, then closer.

"AJ LET ME IN NOW!!!!!" We heard a voice yell. Both of us jumped off the floor and threw the pillows on the bed. I knew that voice, but I couldn't imagine what lay ahead for me this time.

"Hey D! Find Stazzie?" AJ asked as Howie stormed into the room. His eyes were a firey black, I hesitated...what was he holding in his hand?

"Stazzie pushed me away again. She won't even look at me!" Howie hissed as he stared directly at me. My heart beat faster as Chase jumped into my arms. Sensing my fear.

"What's up with her?" AJ asked as he noticed what Howie was holding in his hand. He couldn't quite make out the print, but frowned at what it might be.

"I think we should ask Lauren!" Howie answered.

"M-M-Me? Why?" I asked, trying to aviod both boys' eyes. I knew this wasn't going well. I could see something had happened, and I knew I was in the line of fire.

"What the HELL is Stazzie doing with one of these?!" Howie finally hissed as he held up the box in plain view. I gasped as I fell onto the bed. AJ stared at it for a moment, then his eyes popped open. She must of tested again, damnit.

"Isn't that a..." AJ couldn't find the words.

"A Pregnacy test!" Howie answered.

"Why?" AJ asked looking at me quizically.

"You knew didn't you?" Howie asked, staring right at me. The anger seithing through both of them. I found myself in another trap. How could I get out?