- Text Size +
Chapter 63:

That night AJ had me spend the night in his room. We slept side by side with Chase cuddling between us. He told me we would take it slow, and he would always be there.

A feeling of comfort had washed over me that night as I watched AJ and Chase sleep. They were so much alike, Chase even noticed. He was a bright kid, I loved him so...

Then my mind flashed back to Nastasia. She would be having a child soon. Would she love her child as much as I loved mine? My heart started to pound as I thought about it. So many things had happened in her life, why did this have to happen to her too?

*********

The next day Howie had managed to pull himself out of bed. He looked down at the floor to see the pregnacy test laying on the floor. A whirlwind of emotions hit him, causing another set of sobs to flood his body.

He didn't know what to do.. He sat there, stunned. His girlfriend was currently pregnant with his child, and she wouldn't talk to him. Nothing he could do made it seem better.

He knew he had to talk with Nastasia sometime. And he forced himself to get dressed and ready for rehersal. He knew today was the day. Today he would make Nastasia talk to him. Although right now the tears stopped him from finding her.

********

"CHASE! COME HERE!" AJ yelled loudly as we watched Chase zoom up onstage with Brian and Howie. I watched as Chase jumped into Brian's awaiting arms. AJ laughed as he pulled me onstage.

I saw Howie glare at me. The anger reflecting in his dark eyes. I knew he was still upset with me, which also hurt me. That and I had no clue where Nastasia was at the moment.

I had woke up this morning and walked to my room to see if she was still in there. But I didn't find a thing. The bed was made just like the night before. Chase's clothing folded on the bed, not moved at all. Fear gripped my heart at that moment, I had no clue where she could of been...

"B-wok! Wha-tup?" Chase gurgled at Brian as AJ laughed. I chuckled softly, but very awkwardly as Howie kept his angery eyes glued on me.

"Nothing much there Chasers! I was just waiting for Nick and Nastasia to show up. We were going to show him some moves." Brian laughed, the name stung at both my, AJ, and Howie's hearts. We all winced, which made Brian confused.

"Aunt Stazzie be herd?" Chase asked.

"Um...I thought she would be..." Brian answered as he looked to me, then AJ, then finally Howie. "Won't she?"

"I don't know...ask Lauren, she hides all of Nastasia's secrets in the first place. Maybe she has a damn agenda for Nastasia too." Howie spat out at me, which stung. I had to admit it hurt. AJ just stood there, silent. Chase watched with confusion.

"Look Howie...I only kept it from you because she told me too. And just for your information she didn't sleep in my room last night. She wasn't at the damn hotel last night. So, somehow I think you screwed it up again!" I found myself firing back in self-defense. I saw Howie's eyes flicker with intense heat.

"What are you saying?!" He asked me, his voice cracking with the emotion we were both dealing with.

"I'm saying you can't keep your damn pants up and that's why she's acting like this! You can't even handle using protection like she always preached! You act just like her damn father, no WONDER she's mad at you!" I found myself spewing out. I didn't even understand the words flowing out of my mouth. I was so angery at the moment.

Howie winced as he backed up a bit, "You're such a..."

But he never finished, he just stomped away. Muttering some foul spanish words. I couldn't understand them, but I knew they were foul.

"That was a little harsh..." Brian whispered as Chase jumped into his father's arms. Brian didn't even know anything that was going on at the moment. AJ stood there, silent. He didn't seem to understand either.

"But..." I tried to cover.

"It's dall righd Mommy! Aunt Stazzie kiss boo-boos awad." Chase answered as his brown eyes sparkled with tears. He was so scared at the moment, he hadn't gone without speaking to Nastasia for more than a day. He could pick up the signals that we were all sending out. And, I hoped that Nastasia would come back, and maybe she could kiss all the boo-boos away.

************

Howie kept walking back and out the doors of the arena. The warmth blasted down from the sun's rays, but Howie didn't care. He felt so cold inside now. So cold.

"God Damnit..." He heard someone curse softly. Howie looked up to see his girlfriend turning from the direction she was walking.

"STAZZIE!!! WAIT UP!!!" Howie yelled loudly as Nastasia started to jog down the street. Howie didn't care about people at that point. He started to run, knowing he would be able to catch up with her. It was now or never.

"LEAVE ME BE!!!" Nastasia screamed as Howie finally caught up with her and pulled her back to the arena. He found himself struggling as he pushed her into one of the back dressing rooms, her fighting all the way.

"Stop it Stazzie! We need to talk! Now!" Howie yelled as he slammed the only door in the room. He leaned against it as Nastasia collapsed onto the one chair, giving up.

Howie glanced quietly at his girlfriend. She looked like death warmed over. Her usually silky soft hair was tangled and tossed up into a messy bun. Her usually sparkling ocean eyes were a dull lifeless color. She slumped over defeated now, her clothing wrinkled.

"Nastasia, we have to talk." Howie whispered as he went and leaned down to where Nastasia sat. She glanced back at him, her eyes burning into his.

"Talk."

"Lauren told me..." Howie hesitated.

"Told you what?" Nastasia asked, suspision ringing through her soft voice. Her eyes started to burn with anger.

"I...I...I..."

"I what?"

"I know you're pregnant." Howie answered.

Nastasia sat back stunned at the abrupt words that had flew from Howie's lips. She tilted her head and stared at him, unbelieving at first.

"She told you?"

"Y-Y-Yes..."

"God Damnit!" Nastasia cursed as she stood up from the couch. She saw Howie jump up as she made her move to the door. He looked like a scared rabbit, Nastasia felt so betrayed.

"Why...Why didn't y-you tell me?" He asked.

"I'm pregnant Howie. I'm pregnant with your damn kid! Is that what you want to hear? Hey Howie! Guess what? I'M PREGNANT!!!!" Nastasia spit back at him, "I know you don't want the damn kid, and you know what? Neither do I. So, leave me be and leave it be. I'll have it taken care of... Damn, I'll have AJ jump on my stomach...maybe he'll kill me and the baby. Happy now Howie? I fucking hope so!"

Howie never had a chance to reply from Nastasia's outburst. She was out of the room and slammed the door in front of him. Howie sat back down on the couch, shock written on his face. He looked down at the ground, sobs beginning to control his body once again.