- Text Size +
Chapter 65:

Nastasia continued to sob on the floor. I wrapped my arms around her and held her tightly. She was so frail, she probably hadn't been eating much. Or maybe nothing at all. Her usually bright ocean green eyes were dulled away with hurt and sorrow.

"Stazzie, c'mon, you don't want that baby to die do you?" I asked her softly, she had never been 'in' for abortion. She despised it. I was in total shock when she spat those words at me.

"Y-Y-Yes I d-d-do." She sniffed as she pushed me away, although I didn't budge. Her tired body couldn't push me away, not now.

"No you don't...You can't..." I whispered, fighting back the tears that were starting to fall from my eyes.

"I want t-t-to die...I don't w-w-want the b-b-baby...I don't w-want m-me to live either..." She sniffled as she leaned back on the wall, closing her dull eyes, waiting for the tears to wash her problems away.

"Sweetie..." I tried to coax, but she became disoriented. Lack of sleep and eating had screwed her body up more than she realized, she was sick. And somehow, it reminded me of her mother...

"No Lauren! I can't do this...I...I...I'm leaving...I'll go away, leave...G-G-Grab my b-bags...G-G-Go to the abortion clinic...Go away...Then...Then I'll jump off a damn b-b-bridge..." She planned out loud as she struggled to stand up, but she was too weak. She fell to the ground with a large thump, starting to bawl all over again.

"Staz! Come here!" I answered, I grabbed her as she encircled her thin arms around my neck. She hugged back, tightly as I stroked her hair, thinking back when times were easier...

"I don't want it Lauren...Make me go away...Make it go away...Let me die...Please let me die..." Nastasia cried into my shoulder. I didn't know what I could do, I wasn't going to let her go through with her plans, all I could do was hold her.

********

"Lauren?" A heard a voice call for me, it seemed like it had been forever. Nastasia was still bawling in my arms. My head snapped up in surprise, only to look at a confused Denise.

"Hey Denise!" I called shakily as Nastasia tore her frail body from mine. Denise looked at Nastasia and frowned.

"Are you all right Nastasia?" She asked, concern flooding her warm brown eyes. Nastasia faked a smile, boy was it a fake one.

"I'm f-f-fine mom..." She whispered as she stood up, she must of been dizzy because she rested on the wall. I could tell the baby was giving her one hell of a fight, it wanted her to live, and to be born.

"You're lying so bad sweetie. You were terrible at practice, you weren't at the show, you've disappeared into thin air...Alex is so worried about you dear..." Denise whispered.

"Mom?!" I heard another voice call, the raspy one that filled my heart every night. I saw Nastasia's head jerk fast. She and I looked to see Howie and AJ walking towards us. She looked cornered.

"I...I...I...gotta...puke..." Nastasia whispered as Howie stared at her, not once moving his eyes away. She stood there, frozen.

"Nastasia! Don't move an inch!" AJ barked as soon as he saw what Howie was staring at. Nastasia glanced back at him and sighed, tears rushing down her cheeks as she turned to move and run.

But she never made it. She collapsed in a bundle on the floor, crying and whimpering. She felt so dizzy, I could see the worry in her eyes. She was terrified.

I felt my heart begin to race with her's as AJ scooped her off the floor and carried her into my room, following him was me, Denise, and Howie. Time for a huge pow-wow.