- Text Size +
Chapter 7:

I allowed Brian to lead me out onto the dance floor. A little dancing couldn't hurt. I couldn't remember the last time I had been dancing, it had been a while.

Not too long after we had reached the dance floor, a slower song came on over the speakers, Joe - " I Wanna Know ". Brian slyly placed his well built arms around my slender waist, and I, after hesitating for a slight second, placed my arms around his neck. I closed my eyes as we began to sway softly to the music. My thoughts traveled back to years before, and I saw myself dancing with A.J...

*****

I smiled warmly as A.J pulled me closer to his body and enclosed his strong arms around me. I felt safe in his arms and I never wanted to leave them. The sweet aroma of his cologne filled my nostrils, sending me into heaven. His cologne had always been a favorite of mine.

" You're not very talkative tonight, " A.J inquired as he hugged me closer.

" Hmmm? Oh, sorry, " I said, lost in a completely different world then what I was standing in at the moment.

" Are you ok? " A.J asked, giving me a tender kiss on my forehead.

I smiled up at him reassuringly. " Of course, everything is fine. "

" That's good. " His dark brown eyes, stared down at me menacingly, piercing my soul, leaving an everlasting scar. " You know I love you, right? "

I nodded and said, " I love you too, " before we engaged in an electrifying kiss.


*****

" Lauren? Lauren? "

I blinked several times and shook my head, before I realized it was Brian who was saying my name. " W-what? "

He let out a small laugh. " Are you ok? You seem a little dazed... "

" No, no. I'm fine, " I assured him. " Just peachy! "

Brian laughed again as our eyes locked. A gleam shone in his angel-like blue eyes. Without the slightest realization, our lips began to move in closer and met, for the briefest moment. Brian instantly pulled back, his face turning a bright shade of red.

" I...I...crap, I...I'm sorry, Lauren. I...I didn't mean to do that. I'm sorry, " Brian stuttered and looked down at the ground, his arms falling away from my waist.

I could feel myself blushing too, and I looked off to the side. The kiss had been a surprise, I was guessing for not just me, but for Brian also. I was very close to Brian, but didn't feel that way about him. He was too much like a big brother. The kiss had come as a major surprise.

" Listen, I'm really sorry. I shouldn't have done that. It was wrong on my part. " Brian continued to apologize profusely.

I replaced my arms around his neck. " Don't worry about it, " I said quietly. " Let's finish our dance. "

He began to relax and put his arms back around my waist and we went back to swaying to the music.

*****

" I want to thank you for coming with me tonight, " Brian said as he walked me up to my door.

" It's no problem. I had fun, " I replied with a genuine smile as I fumbled in my purse for the keys to my front door. With luck, I found them just as I reached the door, but with my clumsy hands, I dropped them while fumbling with them, trying to find the right one in the dark. My mother had forgot to put the porch light on. I cursed silently as I bent down to pick them up.

" I just want to say I'm really sorry about...ya know...earlier...at the club, " Brian stated. He began to blush once again.

I laughed and looked him in the eyes. " Did anyone ever tell you that you apologize too much? " He stared at me quizzically. I gave him a hug. " Like I said earlier, it's no problem. Don't lose sleep over
it. " I watched as he turned around and began to make his way down the three stone steps. " Tell Nastasia to give me a call tomorrow and tell Howie I said bye. "

" Will do, " Brian replied. " And Lauren? "

" Yeah? "

" Great seeing you again. "

I smiled. " You too, Bri. " I watched as they drove off and then made my way into my house quietly.

It was completely silent and all the lights were off, making it all the more difficult to move around without the chance of bumping into anything. I began to make my way upstairs, stopping by Chase's room, who's door was partly closed. A small stream of light poured into the hallway from the tiny nightlight that was stationed on the wall by the door. I was relieved to find him sound asleep, clutching onto his old stuffed bunny, traveling with it in whatever dream world he was in. He looked so innocent lying there, without a worry in the world. My little angel...

I smiled warmly and closed the door partly, then after making my way to my room and heading into my bathroom to take my hair down. I changed into a pair of shorts and a loose fit t-shirt and hopped into my bed, almost instantly falling alseep as soon as my head came in contact with the pillow.