- Text Size +
Chapter 71:

When Nastasia came out of the back she was a deathly green. She looked shaken and sick. I watched as she came out, everyone's attentions turned towards her. I couldn't read her face to know whether she was upset or not.

"Hey Stazzie..." AJ greeted softly as Chase jumped from his lap and ran to his aunt.

"Hi JJ." She whispered.

"Aunt Stazzie! Read story dow?" Chase asked her as she reached down and picked him up. I could still see the tears glistening in her eyes.

"Sure, which storybook did you bring for me to read?" Nastasia asked him. He scrambled down from her arms and ran to the backpack AJ was holding. I watched my son pull out his storybook and run back to Nastasia.

"Me like dis one!" Chase exclaimed.

"Which one?" Nastasia asked brightly, although her beautiful eyes shone otherwise.

"Cidrella!!!" Chase laughed, "Cuz me da mousd and Aunt Stazzie Cidrella!"

"Sometimes I wish..." Nastasia smiled as she scooped Chase into her arms and carried him to the front of the bus with the reclining chairs.

********

"What was that about?" Brian whispered as Nastasia disappeared up front. AJ looked at me, a look to tell me to keep my mouth shut.

"Nothing really..." I shrugged as Brian gave me an odd look.

"You lie." Brian answered.

"Fine, something's up. But we can't say at the moment." AJ answered for me, getting me out of the hot seat. Which I was very thankful for at the moment.

"Oh, okay." Brian nodded as he glanced up to see Chase and Nastasia tickling each other. Their laughs ringing throughout the bus, which made me happier. At least she was laughing a little.

"Where's Howie?" Brian asked.

"The backroom." AJ answered sadly.

"Stazzie and D are fighting aren't they?" Nick asked.

"Very much so." I sighed.

"That's so shady!" Brian answered as if he were Eminem. Nick groaned as he pushed Brian off the bench they were sitting in. Brian fell to the floor as the backroom's door opened up.

"J?" Howie called, he looked to have been crying again. I sighed softly, Nastasia must of did something wrong. Hopefully she had decided to keep the baby, I hadn't even been told that much.

"What's up D?" AJ asked.

"Can you and Lauren come in here? I have some questions...stupid questions probably." He whispered. I saw AJ look back at me and nod.

"Nothing you say is stupid Howie." I answered as he and I stood up.

"All right..." Howie nodded as he bowed his head and walked in the room. I could tell something was on his mind. I just hope AJ and I could help him.