- Text Size +
Chapter 74:

I stared into A.J's eyes as we pulled away from the kiss. They were filled with a passion that I had almost forgot. I didn't know what to say as I just stood there and tried to gain back some of my composure.

" What's goin' on? " Kevin grumbled as he appeared from the bunk area. We could tell he had been sleeping and was just woken up. He didn't look too happy...

" J and Laurie were sucking face, " Nick laughed. Brian smacked him upside the head as my face turned bright red. " What was that for?! "

" You and your immature attitude, " Brian replied and smacked him again.

" Damn, I'm so abused, " Nick pretended to whine as he rubbed his head.

" Well, if you don't zip it, you're gonna get more than a smack upside the head, " Kevin grumbled.

" In other words, someone's gonna open a can of whoop ass on ya, " Brian laughed.

" That goes for you too Brian, " Kevin growled. " I'm going back to bed. "

" Someone's grumpy, " Brian said once Kevin was gone.

" I heard that! "

" Go back to sleep old man! "

" You're gonna pay for that, cuz. Just wait! " Kevin yelled and then was silent.

" He's just talk, " Brian laughed and then him and Nick returned to their unfinished arm wrestle match.

*****

" Did you mean what you said a sec ago? " I asked bringing my attention back to A.J. I don't know what possessed me to ask it, just a feeling I had.

" Yeah, I did, " A.J replied. " I love you Lauren, I always have. I was an idiot for letting you walk out the door that night. I hadn't been able to stop thinking of you once since then. Even when I was with Amanda, I still thought about you. I don't want to lose you again, because I love you too much... " He cupped my face in his hands and his lips met mine, giving a gentle kiss. " Lauren, I love you... "

I offered a kiss back. " I love you too Alex, " I said and smiled. I had him back. After all the years, I was his again and he was mine. And I felt that some how nothing could change that fact...

" Mommy and Daddy wuhve each other! " Chase squealed as he accidently smacked the book from Nastasia's hand.

" Yep! I love your Mommy! " A.J exclaimed and wrapped his arms around my slender waist, resting his chin on my shoulder and giving my neck a kiss.

I leaned against A.J, a smile of love and happiness on my face. Loving the feeling of his arms around me, I inhaled the scent of his cologne, the same cologne that had always been my favorite, now it would always be there.

*****

Howie walked up to the front of the bus and found Nastasia laying on the couch, sleeping, while Chase lay on her legs, his head resting gently on her stomach, sleeping also. He smiled, knowing she was finally getting the sleep she needed. He walked over to her and placed a gentle kiss on her forehead.

Nastasia stirred in her sleep and her eyes fluttered open. She jumped a little when she saw Howie leaning over her, and tried to sit up, but Howie placed his hand on her shoulder and kept her from sitting up. He didn't want her to wake Chase up.

" It's ok, stay laying, " he said in a quiet voice.

Nastasia didn't protest and leaned back into the couch, relaxing again. " What are you doing? "

" Got bored of chillin' in the back of the bus, anyways, J, Laurie, Nick and Brian are back there now and I wanted some peace and quiet. So I came up here to check on you, " Howie replied, lowering himself to the floor. Nastasia smiled. " How are you feeling? "

" Not that great... " Nastasia murmered, letting out a yawn as she closed her eyes.

Howie stared at the ground then looked back up to find Nastasia looking at him. " Do you think we could talk without arguing once? "