- Text Size +
Chapter 77:

Nastasia and Howie had left at a different time than the rest of us to get to the arena. I was a bit weary of Brian and Nick since they came back from getting Nastasia and Howie. They had amused smiles on their faces. I was just anxious to see if Howie and Nastasia had worked their problems out.

" What's with you guys? " I laughed at Brian and Nick as A.J twirled Chase around up on stage. Some of the dancers had been trying to teach Chase some of the easier dance moves, but it didn't quite work.

" You are never gonna believe what we found out, " Nick blurted out.

" Dude, shut up Nick, " Brian scorned, smacking Nick's shoulder.

" Hey, she has a right to know! " Nick argued.

" Yeah, if Staz decides she wants to tell her. It's none of our business. "

" It is now. Guess what Lauren? "

" I'm gonna beat yo butt Nick if you don't shut up right now, " Brian said, his voice coming out in a strong southern accent, surprising him a bit. He still had a hint of an accent in his voice, but it wasn't as strong as it used to be.

" Oh really? You and your Kentucky Fried Chicken butt couldn't do nothing, " Nick shot back, grinning at his come back. Brian didn't take it so lightly.

"What are you guys arguing about now? " I asked with an amused smile.

" Staz is - " Nick began.

" I'm warning you! "

"Come on, what is the big hush hush?" I asked, surprised I didn't know about it before Nick and Brian. As soon as Nick was about to blurt out the answer Nastasia and Howie came over.

I smiled at them. Howie had his arm protectively wrapped around Nastasia shoulders and for once, she looked truely happy. I was guessing everything had worked out.

"What's up?" Nastasia bubbled, her ocean green eyes sparkling with mischief. Just like they had before.

" You seem to be feelin' better. Everything going ok? " I asked, noticing how Nick for the most part stared at her with surprise.

"I'm still tired, but I'll make that up soon..." Nastasia laughed at me as Howie pulled her tighter.

" What's up with Blondie? " Howie laughed.

"Which Blondie?" I asked, looking back and forth between Nastasia, Nick, and I.

" The dumb one, " Howie teased, knowing it would piss Nick off even though he was just joking.

"Hey!" Nick shouted, "I'm not the only dumb blonde in this group!"

" Really? That's surprising. Who's the other one? "

"Stazzie." Nick answered gruffly. I watched as Brian glared darkly at him. Nastasia gave Nick a confused look as her eyes turned a bit darker.

" W-what's that supposed to mean? " she asked, confusion coating her voice as she looked to me, but I just shrugged my shoulders.

"I'm not the one who's pregnant now am I? How could I be the stupid one in the group?" Nick blurted out on top of his anger. I gasped, he knew?

I saw Nastasia's eyes turn black as her mouth gapped open in surprise. Howie glared at Nick with shock. I saw the tears appear in Nastasia's eyes as she reached up and slapped Nick across the face.

" You're such a frickin' ass, you know that? " Howie snapped angrily as Nastasia shook his arm off her shoulder and began to walk away.
" Stazzie! "

"FORGET IT!" Nastasia yelled loudly as she started to walk away. I saw AJ look at her surprised as he stopped twirling Chase. He ran over and grabbed her by the shoulders. He had only seen the slap, he hadn't heard the whole story.

" Stazzie, what's going on? What's wrong? " he asked worridly.

"That...That..." Nastasia couldn't muster the words out of her mouth as AJ brought her back to the group, where Nick and Howie were staring at each other.

"How could you say that?!" Howie hissed.

" It's the truth! " Nick yelled, already in it too deep.

" How the HELL would you know?" Howie yelled back, his clenched fists hanging at his sides. Nastasia watched in horror as AJ held onto her and me tightly.

" Because it's the truth! Are you deaf?! "

Howie couldn't contain himself any longer, and before any of us could stop him, out of pure anger, he punched Nick as hard as he could in the gut.

Nick went flying to the ground. No one moved. Nick growled loudly as he shot back up and hit Howie square in the jaw. Nastasia gasped as she looked away. Howie stared back at Nick, deciding if he really wanted to hit him. "Apologize to Staz, NOW!" He yelled.

" NO! I AIN'T GONNA! " Nick shouted as him and Howie got into a major brawl.

" Whoa, guys - break it up, " Brian yelled as he tried to pull Nick off Howie, but instead, he was elbowed in the nose as Nick shoved him away.

" Shit, " Brian cursed as he fell backwards to the ground.

" What the HECK is going on? " Kevin shouted as he ran over to us.

"MY NOSE!!!" Brian howled as he held it tightly. I gasped and turned away as Kevin stared darkly at everyone. He grabbed Howie and Nick by the back of their collars and tugged them apart hard. He struggled against their strong muscles, but managed to hold them. "Let me ask again. WHAT HAPPENED?" Kevin asked sternly.

" Let me go! " Nick shouted as he tried to push Kevin's arm away. His face was beet red with anger.

"No, let me go, so I can tear his ass apart." Howie hissed as Nastasia looked at both of them. Shame written all across her face. She went up and stood by Howie and Nick, breaking them apart with Kevin. I tried to grab her, as did AJ, but she went anyway.

" GROW UP! BOTH OF YOU! " she shouted as tears glistened in her eyes.

"What?" Nick asked, his face still bright with anger. She stared darkly at both of them. Her ocean eyes turning into a hurricane. Sending me into shivers as AJ held onto me tightly.

"You heard me, " She growled. "GROW up."

" Stazzie, just stay out of it, " Howie said, trying to become calm again.

" NO! I WON'T! You guys act so immature some times and I'm tired of it! Grow up! " she snapped turning to him, then back to Nick. " And you, you have no idea how much HATE you right now. But I will not waste my time standing here telling you that because you aren't worth it! " She turned around on her heels and walked away.

"Aunt Stazzie!" Chase suddenly yelled as she started to walk off the stage. She turned to Chase and gave him a weak smile. "What Baby?" Nastasia cooed at him as she stopped. Everyone had their eyes on her. Brian clutched his nose tightly, I had given him a tissue, hoping to stop the flow of blood.
"Me danced like you!" Chase exclaimed as he wiggled his little behind in front of everyone. Nastasia glanced at him and wiped the tears away, she was afraid to cry anymore.

" That's really great Chazzie, you keep practicing and I'm sure you'll become a great dancer, " Nastasia cooed again and gave him a kiss on his forehead. " I gotta go now sweetie. " She stood up and continued making her way off the stage.

" NO! Aunt Stazzie! No go nowhere! " Chase said stubbornly, but Nastasia continued walking away until she dissapeared out the exit door. Chase began to cry.

"Chaser!" AJ exclaimed as he ran and scooped up his son, then he turned back as I walked over to hug them both tightly. AJ stared darkly at Howie and Nick. "What did you two do?"

Howie ignored his question and ran out after Nastasia. He had just gotten her back, he wasn't going to let her go again.