- Text Size +
Chapter 79:

I waited with Denise in the waiting room while Brian was being looked at. Chase sat on his grandmother's lap. We had decided to have everyone else stay back at the arena in case Howie and Nastasia came back, or if Nick came back.

"I can't belive you guys are having so many fights these days." Denise sighed as Chase became even quieter. He glanced at his grandmother and then to me. His eyes full of questions. "Why Aunt Stazzie no want Chase?" He asked.

" Oh sweetheart, that's not true, " Denise answered as she hugged him.

" She no love Chase! " He whimpered. She had never really walked away from him before and I could see he was having a hard time understanding why.

" Your Aunt Stazzie loves you very much, " I said, smoothing out his hair. I wanted to reem Nick out so much at the moment.

"No love Chase. No love Chase." Chase murmured over and over as Denise and I tried to comfort him. "No love Chase why? "

I brought Chase into my arms, wishing I could get him to understand, but it is basically impossible to get a three year old to understand when something like this was happening. " Chase, honey, she does love you, very much in fact and she always will. "

"No." He whimpered as Brian exited the room. A splint covering his nose. I could tell by his dark eyes that he wasn't very happy. Nick was in for it.

Denise stood up from her seat and walked over to him. " What did the doctor say? " she asked him in a motherly tone.

"It's busted. It's freakin' busted." Brian moaned.

Nick must have elbowed Brian in the nose harder than I had orginally thought.

" B-wok got boo boo? " Chase asked suddenly as he looked at the thing on Brian's nose.

"Bad boo-boo." Brian answered as he picked Chase up in his arms. Chase titled his head to look at the splint and gave him an odd look.

"Aunt Stazzie gid kisses to make boo-boo feel bedder." Chase answered softly, as if contemplating on what his Aunt Stazzie meant to him. He looked sad as he leaned in and kissed Brian tenderly on the nose, "Aunt Stazzie kiss bedder doo when she come home."

"Come on Brian." I answered softly as I hooked my free arm with his. He nodded softly, his skin beneath his eyes was turning an ugly black, I made a promise to myself not to say a word to him.

"Aunt Stazzie sdill love Brian?" Chase asked as we walked out the doors.

"Yes. Aunt Stazzie loves Brian." I answered as I buckled him into the car. Brian stood there, surprise covering his face.

"Aunt Stazzie love mommy?" Chase piped again.

"Yes sweetie. She loves mommy, " Denise answered softly.

"Aunt Stazzie love Grammy?" Chase asked.

"Yes sweetheart." I replied with a smile.

"Why Aunt Stazzie no love Chase den?" He asked sadly as he titled his head down in saddness. Refusing to speak another word to us.

I felt horrid as we pulled up to the hotel. The concert wasn't for a few hours, and I was hoping someone would be there. Hopefully Nastasia. Just to tell Chase that she loved him. My heart broke as I watched Chase sulk in his carseat. I felt so ugly...

I got out of the car and helped Chase out. " C'mon sweetie, let's go see if Aunt Stazzie is here, ok? "

" No. Aunt Stazzie no love Chase, " he stated. He was being stubborn. He got that from his father. I knew it.

"Sweetheart. Aunt Stazzie wants to see you." I coaxed as Denise and Brian waited. Brian looked to be in a lot of pain, and anger. Deep inside me I wished someone would hit Nick again.

" Why? " Chase asked, his eyes brightening a little bit.

" Because she's sad and she needs her favorite little man, Chase, to cheer her up, " I said.

"Me no her liddle man..." Chase answered as I pulled him out of his carseat. "Me her bid man!"

"Her big man?" I laughed as we walked into the hotel, he nodded.
"If she still love me." Chase answered.

" She does, " I laughed as we walked through the doors, but stopped when I saw the familiar figure slumped in one of the lobby chairs. A frown spread on my face as we walked over to Howie. " Where's Stazzie? " There were no fans crowding the lobby, I was surprised. But, there were a lot down at the arena.

Howie looked up at me and then to Denise and Brian. The sad, depressed look had returned to his face. " In our room, " he whispered.

" How come you're not up there with her? "

" She won't even talk to me right now, " Howie answered, his voice a little louder. I could see the skin on the lower left side of his jaw turning a purplish color as a bruise formed.

' Oh no... ' I thought.

" Damnit, I just got her back to talking to me and now she won't talk anymore. Why the hell is this happening? "

" It's going to be ok Howie, " Denise soothed as she sat down in the chair next to him.

" I swear I'm gonna kill Nick. I'm gonna kill him... " Howie muttered under his breath.

" How long have you been sitting here? " I asked.

" 'Bout an hour and a half... "

" You've been sitting in this chair the whole time? "

" Yeah. "

I handed Chase over to Denise. " I'm going to go try to talk to Stazzie. Can one of you give A.J or Kevin a call? "

" Yeah, I will, " Brian answered, pulling his cell phone out of his pocket, dialing one of the guy's numbers. He walked a few feet away as he began talking.

" I'll be back... " I said and headed over to the elevator. I began walking down the hall when I stepped out of the elevator on the right floor. When I reached the correct room, I prepared myself and knocked. No answer. I knocked again. Still no answer. While knocking a third time, I said, " Stazzie! It's Lauren, open the door so I can come in. I need to talk to you. "

I heard some commotion in the room and waited for the door to open.