- Text Size +
Chapter 80:

I walked slowly into the room as the door was ajared a bit. She hadn't even bothered to invite me in, just accepting the fact that I was coming in.

I watched as she began to chuck a ball at the wall. It bounced hard against the wall, then back into her palm. I had to admit, she was very athletic for such gracefullness.

"Are you all right?" I asked softly as she chucked the ball at the farwall, it bounced off hard and flew down the hallway. She looked back at me, her ocean eyes blazing with anger.

"I'm peachy." She sneered as she collapsed onto one of the soft chairs. She was extremley tired and mad. Her eyes blazed with anger as she stared at the wall.

"You are not..." I stated.

"I'm FINE."

"Liar, how come you walked away from Chase?" I asked after a moment of silence. She looked at me for a moment, pondering what I had just said, confusion flooded her face.

"When?"

"At the arena." I stated as I heard Chase's laugh down the hallway. I was positive she didn't hear it, she was still thinking. Figured she'd be the blonde one.

"Huh?"

"He showed you a dance move and you left. Fast. He thinks you don't love him anymore." I stated bluntly.

"Aunt Stazzie?" I heard Chase call timidly from the door. I looked up to see AJ and our son waiting at the door with her ball she had been tossing. I gazed at it and realized that had been a birthday present from Chase.

"Chazzie?" She asked as she looked at me, question flooding her face. I nodded as he didn't approach her. He was scared.

"Hi Stazzie." AJ smiled.

"Come here Chase." Nastasia cooed. Chase looked up at his father, who nodded and gave him a push. Chase walked up to Nastasia slowly and handed her the ball.

"Herd ball you lost." He answered as his dark eyes stared at her, "You love Mommy?"

"Yes." Nastasia answered slowly as she held the ball in her hands. She eyed it carefully, knowing it was the ball Chase had given her. She gulped down a sob.

"You love Daddy?"

"Yes."

"You love 'wok?"

"Very much." Nastasia laughed.

"Love Grammy doo?"

"Yeah."

"Then why no love Chase? Chase love Aunt Stazzie. Why not Aunt Stazzie love Chase? Why?" Chase demanded angerly as she snapped back in surprise. AJ bowed his head down sadly as he grabbed my hand.

"I love you Chazzie!" Nastasia burst as tears flooded her eyes. She gathered the sad child into her arms and hugged him tightly. Chase invited the hug and hugged back, "Oh sweetheart. I love you, more than life itself. I would never stop loving you."

"Pwomise?" Chase whimpered.

"Yes." Nastasia answered as she placed a tender kiss on Chase's forehead.

"Oder Icedream?"

"Over icedream." Nastasia laughed.