- Text Size +
Chapter 81:

" Owdie want to talk to you! " Chase squealed as Nastasia tickled him,
throwing him into a fit of giggles.

Nastasia stopped and frowned. She didn't want to talk to him, but she knew she couldn't ignore him. She wasn't really angry at him, she just wanted to be alone. " Um, where is he? " she asked hesitantly. She could still remember the look in Howie's eyes as he chased her up to their room and she slammed the door in his face. It was etched in her tired mind.

" Da lobby! " Chase yelled as he jumped away from Nastasia. He grabbed her hand. " Aunt Stazzie come dow! " he demanded and began dragging her out the door.

Nastasia let Chase tug her down to the lobby. She began to feel horrible for not talking with Howie when she knew she should have. She was running away from him like she was before.

*****

" Has Nick showed up? " Kevin asked. Everyone was chilling in the lobby
while A.J and Lauren were up talking to Nastasia.

" He's lucky he hasn't! " Howie hissed, the anger flaring in his eyes. " I swear he's really gonna - "

" D, just chill would ya? "

Howie mumbled something in spanish under his breath. He slumped further into his chair, he just wanted to talk to Nastasia.

The enterance doors to the hotel opened and to everyone's surprise, Nick strided in. He had a bruise on the side of his face. He walked up to everyone. " I'm glad I found you, D. I just wanna - "

Howie didn't give him a chance to finish. He jumped up from his chair and lunged at Nick, punching him square in the jaw.

Nick fell to the ground with a thud as he brought a hand up to his aching jaw. " Shit D! I want to apologize! "

Howie looked ready to lunge at him again but Kevin grabbed his arm and gave him a stern look. Howie shook his arm loose and glared hatingly at Nick. " Why should I accept your apology?! "

" Because I'm sorry! "

" Sorry doesn't always cut it Nick! "

Nick sighed and stumbled into the standing position. " Listen to me D, I'm sorry for what I said. I had no right to say that and I had no excuse either. I acted like an ass towards two of my best friends
and...and...please, I'm sorry ok? " He hated having to apologize like this. He had never been very good at it. But he felt horrible for saying the words he had said, especially to Nastasia. He could just imagine how it made her feel.

Howie just stood there glaring at Nick, his anger flowing through him. He allowed his hands to stay clentched in fists, he was just so angry.

" Stazzie! " Nick suddenly shouted. Everyone looked and saw Nastasia walk out of the elevator with Chase in her arms, A.J and Lauren following them. Nick ran over to her, preparing to tell her what he told Howie. " Stazzie, I need to say something. "

" I don't want to talk to you Nickolas, " Nastasia said without emotion and walked straight past him.

" No Stazzie, please. Let me talk. I want to - "

Nastasia turned around, the same anger Howie's eyes held, were now in her own. " Didn't you hear me? I said I didn't want to talk to you! "

" I'm sorry Stazzie! " Nick said, the regret for letting the hurtful words he had said slip out of his mouth, showing in his facial expressions. " I'm sorry for acting like an ass. I had no excuse and I regret saying what I said. Please, all I'm asking right now is for you to accept my apology. That's all I want... "

Nastasia stood there silently debating on wether or not she should talk. " Fine...apology accepted, but I have no desire what so ever to speak to you right now Nickolas. What you said hurt, I can't even believe that you would even say something like that, but you did and it hurt, more than you know. I don't want to talk to you, so please, don't talk to me, " Nastasia said. She turned around and made her way over to Howie, everyone watching her. " You want to talk? "

" I want to know what I did wrong, " Howie answered, staring into her eyes for an answer.

" You did nothing wrong... " Nastasia whispered, as she looked away.

" Then why did you walk away from me? "

" Because I was mad, not at you. Can we talk about this somewhere else? " Nastasia answered quietly.

" Yeah, of course, " Howie said and kissed her gently on the forehead.

*****

I walked quietly through the halls making my way towards Nick's room. The guys had come to the conclusion that they would have to cancel the concert. Brian was in no shape to be performing with his nose at the moment. And with Howie and Nastasia mad at Nick, something was bound to go wrong at the concert. Everyone designated me to go tell Nick.

I reached his door and lifted my hand to knock.

" Who is it? " Nick called from behind the door.

" Lauren, can I come in? " I asked.

He opened the door and moved out of the way so I could walk through. " I didn't think you would want to talk to me because I thought you were pissed too. "

" I'm more dissappointed then I am pissed Nick. It surprised me to even
think you would say something like that, especially to Stazzie. "

" Geez, I'm sorry... "

" I'm not the one that you have to be apologizing to. But if it was me you would have said that too, I would have kicked your butt. Better yet, A.J would have really kicked your ass, " I laughed but stopped when I saw him rolls his eyes. " But I guess you really don't need to be hearing that. "

" No, I don't... "

" Well, Kevin wanted me to come tell you that they're canceling the show tonight, mostly for the fact that Brian can't really perform at the moment. "

" What? How come? "

" Maybe you should ask him that. "

" It probably has to do with me, huh? He's pissed... "

" Yeah, for some reasons, but you talk to him. I don't want to get into the middle of it between you. "

" Alright... "

" I'll talk to you later ok? I just came to tell you that. But um, you
better go talk to Bri and I'll see you later, " I said and dismissed myself from the room.

Just as I was walking out into the hall, A.J came running by slipping on one of his many cowboy hats and a pair of sunglasses. He nearly ran into me.

" Hey baby, I'll see ya later. I gotta go! " He called back to me over his shoulder.

" Wait Alex, where are you going? " He hadn't mentioned anything to me that he was leaving.

" Um, to the arena for the concert... "

" You guys canceled. "

" Oh yeah, well, I gotta go! Talk to ya later! "

" Alex! "

" I gotta go baby! Talk to ya later! "

Before I could protest he dissappeared around the corner, down the hall. I sighed and headed back to my room.