- Text Size +
Chapter 82:

It was decided that the guys would make up the concert the next day, just setting them back a day on their tour. Brian had repeatedly said he would be fine and would be able to perform the night before, but everyone thought it would be for the best if they canceled the show.

I wasn't sure if Nick had talked to Brian. I could tell, though, that Brian was still pissed at him. Nastasia had been hanging on Howie the rest of the day and before they had all headed off to rehearsal. She seemed to be getting more of her strength back, as long as she kept on getting the rest that she needed.

A.J, on the other hand, had been acting extremely odd. He had a nervous bout attitude every time he was around me or when I was talking to him. I began to become worried, wondering if something was happening and if something was wrong.

I questioned Denise about it a few times prior to the rehearsal and she said she had noticed it too, but that she didn't know anything about it. I asked her again during the rehearsal, but still, same answer.

I watched as A.J danced up on stage. He seemed to be trying extra hard,
which he always did, but there was just something about the way he was going about it today that seemed different.

I often found myself watching and smiling, feeling that same secureness that I felt knowing he was mine and I was his. A feeling I hadn't felt since the night he had told me to leave, told me that it was over between us.

" Ok, guys. Take a break! " Fatima yelled from the side stage as she watched their every move, wanting it to be exact.

A.J ran over to a table that was set up at the side of the stage and grabbed a water bottle, taking a big chug and wiped the sweat off his forehead with a towel. He then turned around and hurried to the edge of the stage and jumped down, walking up to me and taking a seat.

" Hey babe, how's it goin'? " he asked and began slobbering me with kisses.

" Eeewww, you're sweaty. Get away! " I said as I playfully pushed him away from me.

" Awww, c'mon. You know you love me. "

" Ok, I'm guilty of that, " I laughed and returned a kiss which turned into a longer one than I had expected. " Mmhmm... " A.J pulled back from me, that nervous look in his eyes returning. " Alex, what's going on? "

" Um, what do you mean? " he asked in a very innocent voice. Though, he knew what I was talking about.

" You. You've just got this wierd attitude going on when your around me. What's going on? Is something the matter? "

A.J looked at me quizzically. " No, nothing's the matter. "

" Then why are you acting like this? "

A.J sighed and leaned his elbows on his knees. " Because...I've been doing a lot of thinking... "

" About? "

" About us... "

Why didn't I like the sound of this? " What about us? "

" Our relationship. I've been doing a lot of thinking about it... "

I wasn't liking this at all. It worried me. " Alex... "

" Lauren, I don't deserve you...I've been blessed to have you back in my life and I don't want to lose you again. I want to be able to know that you'll always be there, that I can always hold you in my arms, go to sleep with you and wake up with you every morning. I don't ever want to go through seeing you walk out the door again. "

I was really confused now. What was bringing this on? " Ok... "

A.J stood up from his seat and stood in front of me. " Lauren, I love you more then life itself, and I've realized that I never once stopped loving you when we were apart. That's why - " he paused and got down on one knee, reaching into his pocket and pulling out a small black velvet box, revealing a diamond engagement ring inside. " I want you to promise me that you'll never leave me because I'll never leave you. Lauren baby, will you marry me? "