- Text Size +
Chapter 85:

The night sky was filled with dozens of stars as we left the resteraunt. A cool breeze hung in the air as we made our way to the rental car, a black Ford Explorer, and headed towards our next destination; " Night Of Paradise " - a well recommended club.

I fingered the ring on my finger and thought back to those three words, the ones that had the power to change my life forever. I was still having trouble believing it. It was almost too good to be true...

We reached the club not too long after. After killing the engine, A.J hopped out and walked around to my side, offering me his hand. Howie and Nastasia were in the back and were taking their time on getting out.

Once inside the club, we were welcomed by loud music, flashing lights and the chattering of people.

" Phat place, eh? " A.J asked with a laugh as we found an empty table to sit at.

" Don't go Canadian on us JJ! " Nastasia teased. Howie whispered something in her ear. She nodded and the two of them walked off, leaving me alone with A.J.

We sat there not speaking, A.J having his arms around my waist.

" You're not very talkative tonight. You ok? " he asked.

" Yes, I'm fine, " I said in a dreamy tone. I hadn't really heard him, I was off in a whole different world. The answer seemed to come from my mouth without me noticing it.

" Well, may I have this dance? " A.J asked as he stood up and reached his hand out to me.

I tuned into the song that was being played and realized it was one that had been one of A.J and my favorites. One of " our " songs. " Joe - " I Wanna Know ". I took his hand and more than willingly, let him lead me onto the dance floor, which was becoming crowded with people.

His arms made their way around my waist, fitting perfectly. I let my hands slip up around his neck and stared into his eyes, which were filled with a passion.

" Tell me what I gotta do to please you, baby, anything you say I'll do. Cause I only wanna make you happy, from the bottom of my heart it's true, " A.J sang pulling me closer to his body, my nostrils filling with the scent of his sweet cologne, the way they used to whenever I was close to him.

We danced, A.J whispering sweet words into my ear the whole time, keeping the smile I had become accustomed to, plastered on my face. I had no idea where Howie and Nastasia had run off to, I couldn't see them anywhere.

A.J and I sat at the table alone, glancing around at the place, observing the scene. I slowly sipped the wine he had bought for me, a glass of white Zinfendel, my favorite. He on the other hand was very much enjoying his glass of Coors.

" I'll be right back, " I stated as I stood up from the table.

" Where you going? "

" Bathroom, and no babe, you can't come with me, " I laughed.

" Damn, how did you know I was gonna ask? "

" Because I know you too well. " I walked off in search of the bathroom
which I soon realized was all the way at the other end of the club. Making my way there, I noticed Nastasia out on the dance floor, dancing
magnificently to Jennifer Lopez's - " Waiting For Tonight ". Howie was
trying to keep up with her. I couldn't help but laugh. They looked so cute together.

*****

A.J swallowed the last drink of beer in his glass and placed the glass back on the table. He was comtemplating on wether or not he wanted another and when he was just about to stand up, an all too familiar voice came from the side of him.

" A.J? "

No, it couldn't be, A.J thought as he prepared himself to look to the side of him, but it was. Amanda walked up to him. " M-manda, what...what are you doing here? "

" You sound surprised. "

" That's because I am. What are you doing here? "

" I'm in town doing a production and decided to come check out the local club scene. I see you had the same idea. "

A.J could see the sparkle in her dark eyes, the ones that had caught his attention when he met her for the first time. The thing that made him fall for her. He cringed as she took a seat where Lauren had been sitting. " Um, what are you doing? "

" Sitting down. Why? Is that a problem? "

" N-no, I guess not, " A.J lied, the nervousness sprouting in him. He didn't want her sitting there, he didn't want her sitting anywhere near him. He wanted to tell her to go away, but he couldn't get the words out of his mouth.

" A.J, I'm sorry for walking out that day. I can just imagine how much that must have hurt you and I was a bitch for doing that. It was just a surprise to come back from Spain and find out that you have a son. I didn't know what to think. "

A.J sat there, her words passing in one ear and exiting out the other. They didn't stick to him.

" I want to give us another chance, because I still love you A.J. I love you alot. I know we can make it work between us. Let's give us another chance... "

" No. " A.J said, not even glancing up at her. He just wanted her to leave.

" Excuse me? "

" I said no, Amanda. "

" But A.J, I thought... " Amanda said as she caressed A.J's face with her hand.

A.J sat there stunned, by her touch to his face. He knew he should have
pushed it away, but something kept him from doing that. Though the only
person in his mind at the moment was Lauren.

*****

I walked out of the bathroom feeling resfreshed and after applying more
makeup. I saw Howie and Nastasia up at the bar recieving two glasses from the bartender and then began making their way towards our table. I decided I would talk to them once they were at the table, so I continued walking, but I stopped dead in my tracks when I reached it. Her hand was caressing his face, he wasn't doing anything to stop her. What the hell was she doing here? I could feel the anger and betrayel boil within me. " What the HELL A.J?! "

A.J snapped back to reality and instantly smacked Amanda's hand away. A lock of shock appeared on her face as she glared up at me. " Lauren... "

I could feel myself begin to lose control. " I can't believe you... " I
barely whispered, the hurt evident in my voice.

A.J could see the look on my face. " No Lauren, it's not - "

" Don't even try to cover up for this. How could - geez, it's all been a lie hasn't it? "

" What? No! Lauren no! " A.J said as he stood up. He payed no attention to Amanda as if she wasn't even there, but that didn't cross my mind. The only thing I could think now was she was there and she was caressing his face, he seemed to enjoy it and made no move to stop her.

I felt a great amount of betrayel well up inside me. I felt the tears coming on. " No, everything has been a lie. I've just been some rebound you needed until you could get HER back. " I hastily pulled the ring from my finger and threw it in his face. " That ring never meant anything to you! "

A.J looked down at the ring in shock, surprised at what I did. " That's not true! "

He took a step towards me in a movement as if to place his hands on my arms to calm me down, but I pushed him away. " Just leave me the HELL alone! " I hissed and turned around, storming from the club.

" Lauren! WAIT! " A.J shouted after me as Amanda walked off, leaving him in despair.

I ignored A.J's plea for me to come back and slammed out through the door, not even looking back. Just as I hailed a cab and climbed in, A.J burst through the door to catch up with me and I quickly told the cab driver to " Go! "

I watched through the rear window as A.J got smaller and smaller as we got farther and farther away from him. I wasn't turning back now. I had to leave and tomorrow I would...