- Text Size +
Chapter 87:

" Go away! " I shouted as I slammed one of my suit cases shut and continued stuffing the other one.

" Lauren, it's Staz! Let me in! " she called back as she continued to pound on the door.

" No! Go away! " I tried to forcefully wipe my tears away, but they continued to fall. Chase still sat there, clutching the blankets and looking confused.

A second later the door burst open and Nastasia walked in after realizing it wasn't locked. I cursed myself for not locking it. She watched me in shock as I continued packing. " What are you doing? "

" I'm packing, what does it look like?! " I hissed, my back facing her.

" You're leaving? " Nastasia asked with disbelief. I didn't even need to see the look on her face without knowing what it was.

" Yes! "

" No Laurie, you can't just leave! "

I spun around to face her hatefully. " Watch me. I'm leaving and nobody is going to change my mind, so just leave me alone. "

I saw the hurt appear her eyes. God, I just wanted to leave right then. I couldn't stand this anymore. " Laurie... "

" No, just please...leave me alone... " I whimpered as my voice softened and I sat down on my bed, the tears starting to fall again.

Nastasia came over and sat down beside me. Chase crawled over to her and climbed in her lap. " Laurie, you can't just leave... "

" I don't want to be here anymore, Stazzie! There's no point. I have no desire to see A.J or speak to him. I'm gonna leave. "

" There's got to be some logical explanation for what happened. "

" No! I saw what I saw. He was glad to see her and I know it. I've just been some rebound he had until she came back and I fell for all of his lies. I'm the stupid one here! "

" You're not stupid Laurie! You haven't even given A.J a chance to speak - "

" And I'm not going to because first thing in the morning I'm leaving. "

" No, don't. "

" I've already made up mind. "

Nastasia sighed as she hugged Chase close to her. The look on his face saddened me. I knew he was going to be upset. He just looked so confused at the moment.

" Aunt Stazzie stay dight here? " he whimpered.

" If you want me to, sweetie, " Nastasia answered, kissing the top of his head.

I could tell by the tone of her voice that she was angry with me. She didn't understand though. She wasn't the one who was hurt. If she was me, she would be doing the same exact thing.

*****

A.J snuck out of Howie's room and shut the door. He was forced to sleep in there for Lauren wouldn't even allow him into their room. He had to go talk to her. Handling the ring in his hand he made his way down the hall to their room. Last nights event haunted his mind. He didn't want to believe it had happened. He hated Amanda even more now.

It felt as if Lauren had ripped out his heart when she took the ring off her finger and threw it in his face. He had to set things right, he couldn't lose her.

He reached their door and began knocking, but Lauren wasn't answering. He continued knocking, wishing with everything that she would just open the door and talk to him. That's all he wanted. " Lauren, please! Talk to me! " Still no answer. The only sound being the pounding of his fist on the door. Finally he stopped, his hand red and hurting.

" JJ! " Nastasia called from the end of the hall. She carried a cup of coffee in her hand and the key to the room. A saddened look on her face.

" Where's Lauren? " A.J demanded as he leaned against the wall.

" She... " Nastasia hesitated.

" Stazzie, where is she?! " A.J demanded again, his dark eyes pleading with her for an answer.

" She left an hour ago... "

" Where'd she go? "

" Back to Florida... "

Surprise clouded A.J's eyes and he sank to the floor in defeat. She was gone. She was actually gone. He had lost her, something he had vowed that he would never let happen again, and it did... " I fucked up, I fucked it up...once again I fucked things up... " he muttered staring off into space.

" JJ, no, this isn't your fault... " Nastasia said as she placed her coffee cup down and wrapped her arms around him.

" I lost her. I told myself I wouldn't lose her and I did. I fucked everything up... "

" No JJ, you didn't do anything wrong here. "

" It's all over... "

" No it's not. " Nastasia didn't like the tone in his voice. It worried her. The ring dropped from his hand and fell to the carpeted floor silently. Nastasia stared at it and felt the remoarse well inside her as A.J began to sob.