- Text Size +
Chapter 91:

I watched in horror as Howie, Nastasia, and AJ ran through the door. Nastasia was holding some birthday presents as Chase jumped into his father's arms. Holding him tightly, hugging and kissing him.

"Hey Chazzie, happy birthday!" Nastasia cooed as she leaned into the hug and gave Chase a giant kiss. He giggled as he hugged his father even tighter.

I felt my heart start to pound. I felt dizzy, what was he doing here? He shouldn't be here. I was mad at him, very mad. Steam was blowing out of my ears, but when I looked at him I became weak. Those eyes...

"Aunt Stazzie, me miss me Aunt Stazzie, Uncle Owdie!" Chase replied as he jumped from his father's arms to Nastasia's, who had dropped the presents.

"Uncle Owdie?" Nastasia teased as she looked from Chase to Howie. Her ocean eyes twinkling with the mischief she always had.

"Thought it was about time." Howie replied as he kissed her gently, placing his hand on her stomach. She gave him a playful glare as Chase squealed.

"You came to my birfday!" Chase immediatly spoke up, AJ smiled at him as he leaned in and kissed Chase again.

"Yes, we did." AJ smiled, I felt my anger slowly start to drip away. I hated that, I wish I could be angrier.

"How 'bout Uncle Howie and Aunt Stazzie take you in and let you open some of your presents?" AJ asked him.

"YES!" Chase immediatly agreed. Nastasia laughed as Howie picked up the presents and lead Chase into the kitchen, leaving me and AJ alone. To talk.

*****

"Hey, can we talk?" AJ asked me quietly.

"You're not supposed to be here." I replied gruffly, like a child who had not gotten her way.

"Well, I did what you should of done when you found out you were pregnant with Chase." AJ replied as a matter-of-factly.

"WAIT! BUT I-"

"No, I didn't come here to fight. I came here to talk, because you were driving me up a wall and back down it. So, lets go into your bedroom and talk." AJ answered in a most mature fashion.

"Okay..." I sighed, there was nothing else I could do. Was there?