- Text Size +
Chapter 92:

I followed A.J up the stairs to my bedroom, the sound of Chase's delight ringing in my ears. I already knew what A.J was gonna say, and I felt it was a waste of time.

We walked into my bedroom and I watched in silence as A.J shut the door and turned towards me, his eyes staring deep into my soul. God, I still loved him, but I made no move to say anything. I was still angry.

A.J leaned against the wall cooley and fingered the gold ring in his pocket. His well tanned arms raked with tattoos showed from the black tank he was wearing, and I found myself looking over them. Anything to keep my eyes from meeting up with his.

" Lauren? " I heard his words penetrating into my thoughts.

" What? " I asked non-too happily.

" Can we talk? "

" Fine, talk. "

" No, both of us. Not just me trying to talk to you, because that's not
gonna get us anywhere, " A.J said and walked over to the dresser that was in front of me and leaned against it. I looked away. A.J used his hand to turn my face towards his. " What did I do? "

" You know exactly what I did, " I found myself mumbling.

" No, I don't. "

Why was he playing stupid? How could he not see why I was mad? I could feel my face turning hot as I stared into his eyes. A ball formed in the pit of my stomach as I felt the hurt well inside me." At the club... " I whispered, not even thinking about it.

" Lauren, I told you, nothing was going on. I didn't even know she was going to be there, " A.J defended.

" How can I believe that? How am I supposed to know that I'm not just some side fling you have? That ring never meant anything to you! Those words you said were all a lie! "

A look of hurt flashed in A.J's eyes as he stared blankly at me. He looked as if I had slapped him in the face, in a way I had, verbally. I could feel the tears welling up in my eyes and felt a few slide down my cheeks. I couldn't bere to look at him any longer.

A.J bent down before me and studied my sad face as he gathered his thoughts. " If everything I said was a lie, I would have never went out and bought that ring. If I didn't love you, I wouldn't have come for you. I wouldn't be here right now. That ring symbolizes my everlasting love for you, it means the world to me, you mean the world to me Lauren. That's why I'm here. " He took the ring out of his pocket and held it up to me, it's gold shining from the sunlight that peered in through the window. " Please baby, don't give up on us that easily. We lost each other once, I don't want us to lose each other again. "

His eyes pleaded with me. I knew he was telling the truth and I melted into his arms. " I'm sorry, " I managed to choke out as we pulled away from each other.

" I think this belongs to you, " A.J said as he placed the gold band on my ring finger. " You know I love you Lauren, " he whispered and we engaged in a passionate kiss. A type of kiss I had almost lost...