- Text Size +
Chapter 96:

I stood at the entrance doors to the altar as the bride's maids made their way down the aisle. Then Chase, who was the ring bearer, began walking. He stumbled a little, but continued walking. A.J watched him proudly. Our little pride and joy.

It was my turn at last. All time and moving things seemed to stand still as I made my way down the aisle.

" Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today to join two souls, Alexander James McLean and Lauren Jade Helmbreck, together in holy matrimony, " the minister began as A.J and I turned towards each other.

I looked into his eyes and saw the passion burning within them. He grinned at me with pride as he stared back into my sapphire eyes.

" Do you, Alexander James McLean, take Lauren Jade Helmbreck, to be your lawfully wedded wife? Do you promise to honor, love and cherish her? Be there for her in sickness and in health? For richer, for poorer, as long as you both shall live? "

A.J took my hand in his and slipped the ring on my finger. I could feel his hand shaking as he looked me in the eyes and said, " I do. "

" I believe you have something to say Alexander, " the minister said.

A.J nodded. He pulled a piece of folded paper out of his pocket and cleared his throat as he unfolded it. His voice was shakey as he spoke. " From the first day I saw you, I knew we were meant to be together. To me, you were like an angel sent from heaven above. Through the years that we were apart, it was misery to my heart. So I commit to you today...my heart, my love, my soul. Till the end of time, you will be mine, 'cause baby, I'm forever yours. And no matter how far we may ever be apart, Lauren baby, I will always love you with all my heart. "

I could feel a rush of tears coming on as I tried to choke them back. A.J squeezed my hand tightly as if fitting one of the last pieces into our puzzle like life. Only one more piece to go...

" And do you, Lauren Jade Helmbreck, take Alexander James McLean, to be you lawfully wedded husband? Do you promise to honor, love and cherish him? Be there for him in sickness and in health? For richer, for poor, as long as you both shall live? "

Taking A.J's hand into mine, I looked into his eyes, still being mezmorized by the words he said. " I do, " I said, barely above a whisper as I slipped the ring on his finger.

" From the power invested in me by the heavenly father above and the state of Florida, I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride. "

I felt myself go weak in the knees as A.J pulled me into his arms. If it weren't for him, I would have surely fallen to ground, overwhelmed with happiness. For a second we just stared into each others' eyes as everyone clapped. Then, we engaged in the most passionate kiss I had ever experienced in my whole life. A kiss I had only ever dreamed of, and my dream came true.

*****

We had a very elegant wedding reception going on, including an excellent D.J, the most professional. A perfect buffet. Everything seemed almost fairy-tale like. The music being played was perfect. I couldn't of dreamed of anything better.

A.J and I both noticed how Nastasia seemed to grow more tired as the night progressed on. She sat at the table we were all seated at, newly weds, the groom's men and the bride's maids table. Howie wouldn't leave her side. He would just sit next to her, keeping his arm around her protectively.

A.J and I had just gotten pictures done, and I watched as Chase danced out on the dance floor with Nick. If I weren't mistaken, I could swear he was showing Nick up on the dance floor. He was a talented little dancer for a four year old. He was definetely A.J's son and Nastasia's nephew.

The music suddenly stopped and everyone began to clear the dance floor. " First, the bride and groom want to thank you all for coming tonight, " the D.J announced. " And I want to say it's a real honor that they chose me to provide the music scene for their reception. Now, it's that time people. Could you all please clear the dance floor, so that the bride and groom may share their very first dance as a married couple. "

A.J intertwined his fingers with mine as we slowly walked onto the dance floor, distracting me from anything that was going on. It was just us alone, out on the middle of the floor. I felt that tingling feeling surge through my body as A.J wrapped his arms around my waist. Then the music started.

Coming as a surprise, the opening notes for " I'll Be There For You " began to play and I watched out of the corner of my eye as Brian, Howie, Kevin and Nick appeared on the tiny platform next to the D.J with mics in their hands. I didn't know about any of this, it was all a surprise.

As Brian's melodic voice filtered through the speakers, A.J leaned forward and kissed me as I leaned into him, closing my eyes as I got lost in the moment.

Don't say a word
I understand
You wanna know, if I'm still your man
Girl can't you tell
By the touch of my hand
I'm gonna please you
Every way that I can
I'll hold you
( Hold you )
Love you
( Love you )
I'll never let your love go
For always
I'll stay
Just look in my eyes and you'll know...

I'll be there for you
Wherever you go
Whatever you do
Baby girl
I've got forever inside
For all of my life
I'll be there for you

Don't ever doubt
Your trust in me
I'll give you my heart
So honestly
Deep in my soul
Baby you'll find the truth
I will never change
Girl I promise you
I'll hold you
( Hold you lady )
Love you
( Love you lady )
I'll never let your love go
For always
( For always )
I'll ( I'll stay ) stay
Just look in my eyes and you'll know...

I'll be there for you
Wherever you go
Whatever you do
Baby girl
I've got forever inside
For all of my life
I'll be there for you

Nothing and noone can tear apart
You'll always be here inside of my heart
And just as sure as the stars shine above
No matter what happens
You can count on my love

I'll be there for you
Wherever you go
Whatever you do
Baby girl
I've got forever inside
For all of my life
I'll be there for you

Just as the guys went into the ending chorus, a cry of pain rang throughout the huge room and the music abruptly stopped.

Howie's eyes bulged out in panic as he dropped his mic and jumped off the platform, sprinting at lightspeed over to where Nastasia was now laying on the ground. " Stazzie! "

I could feel the panic level rising within me and could sense A.J's also as we pulled apart from each other and began to run over to their aid.

Hushed panicing voices filtered through out the crowd as everyone stared on worridly.

" Baby, oh god, baby, what's wrong? What's happening? Are you ok?! " Howie asked in a panic as he held Nastasia gently.

" Howie...I think it's time, " Nastasia's wabbly voice said quite calmly.

" Time? Time for what?! "

" I'm saying, it's coming Howie, " Nastasia said as her face scrunched up in pain.

" Coming? What's coming? God? Satan? Heaven? WHAT'S COMING?! " Howie yelled.

" Whoa D, calm down, " A.J said as he bent down next to Howie. I could tell by the look on his face that he was just about as worried as Howie was and it looked as if he had no idea what was going on. Like Howie, he had never experienced something like this before. " Stazzie, we don't understand, WHAT'S coming? You aren't making any sense. " Both of them looked more paranoid.

" I'm saying my water broke, JJ. "

" Huh? Stazzie, is that why you're in pain? Well that's no big deal, we can order another one for you, " Howie said as he tugged at his hair.

" THAT'S what's wrong? " A.J asked as confusion clouded his eyes. Denise was now attending to Nastasia as Kevin ran off to call an ambulance.

" No. "

" Then what? " Howie interrupted.

" I told you! " Nastasia stated impatiently, a look of " help me you idiot " on her face. I could tell she was becoming restless, and I knew she was in a lot of pain.

" Told me what baby? "

" That it's coming. "

" What is?! "

" The baby! "

" What about the baby?! "

" Damnit Howie! The baby! It's coming! "

Howie shot to his feet in surprise and began pacing around and then went into a run, shouting " Holy shit! I've got to call an ambulance! " I watched him in wonder, knowing it wasn't good.

" Yo D! Bro, watch out for that...wall... " A.J yelled but winced as Howie ran smack into one of the far walls. You would think he was on crack or something.

" What happened?! " Nastasia asked in a panic as she tried to sit up, but I placed my hand on her shoulder to keep her laying down.

" Nothing Stazzie, nothing. Just stay calm. Kevin went to call an ambulance and we're gonna get you to the hospital, " I said calmly. I could tell by the look in her ocean green eyes that she was panicing. Where was that ambulance anyways?

A.J stood up and ran over to Howie just as he sat up and began rubbing his head. " Shit, " Howie said and winced.

" You ok, D? " A.J said as he reached his hand out to help his friend up. He saw a small scrape on the side of Howie's forehead. He must have hit a sharp edge of the wall.

" I've got to call an ambulance! Shit! We need to get Stazzie to the hospital. We need to call an ambulance! " Howie rambled.

" Whoa D, calm down. We don't need you panicing more and running into more walls. Kevin already went to call an ambulance and it should be here any second, " A.J stated as he shook Howie to his senses.

Just as Nastasia cried out again, the doors burst open and three paramedics rushed in with a stretcher.

I felt relief rush through me as the paramedics reached us and began working on getting Nastasia onto the stretcher.

" I'm...I'm sorry I ruined your reception, " Nastasia managed to say as the paramedics helped her onto the stretcher and she gritted in pain.

" No Stazzie, you didn't ruin it. Don't even think that, " I soothed, giving a reassuring smile as I saw A.J and Howie run back over.

We all watched as they began to wheel Nastasia away, Howie running at her side and clutching onto her hand tightly.