- Text Size +
Chapter 98:

We sat in the waiting room for what seemed like hours. We were really the only ones in there at the moment, except for two other people. Who looked at us oddly.

I looked down to realize that all of us were still in our wedding gear. I felt like I might laugh, I still had on my wedding dress! AJ fidgited with his tux and tie, I laughed. We were all uncomfortable.

"How long does it take for a person to have a baby?!" Nick called out irritantly as he loosened his tie. I laughed as he smoothed out his blond locks and messed them up a bit.

"I was in labor for..." I tried to remember, but my mother piped up.

"I believe Nastasia was in there with you for six hours."

"Nastasia was in there?" AJ asked me quizzically as Chase laid on the couch. He was irritated and upset that he still couldn't see Nastasia. I knew he missed her terribly already.

"Yeah, I had Chase naturally... So, she was in there with me. She helped me give birth to him. It was a pure miracle." I replied, remembering the look on her face as we heard Chase cry.

"Wow..." Brian whispered.

"I should be in there with her..." I whispered regretfully. Denise laughed as she placed a loving hand on my shoulder.

"I think Howie's driving her out of her mind by now... So, maybe it's safer if you stay out here." She laughed.

"Yeah baby, it might get ugly in there. She might not speak to him for weeks after this." AJ smiled as he leaned in and kissed me softly.

"That'd be ugly." I laughed as we parted our lips. He smiled as he drew me closer. We were married, I guess that's all that could possibly matter at the moment.

*********

"Hey! SHE HAD THE BABY!" Howie cried loudly as he came running down the corridor. He was dressed in the green scrubs, surprise and love scripted on his face. I saw a bandage above his eye. He must of hit the wall hard.

I found myself jumping up with everyone else. She had only been in labor for about three hours. An easier birth then Chase had been. I laughed as AJ jumped to give Howie a brotherly hug.

"So, you're a daddy?" Brian asked as he and the others jumped into the hug. I laughed as Denise and my mother crowded around me.

"Yes." Howie nodded.

"So, what'd she have? And when can we see her?" I asked as Howie came over to give me a tight hug.

"She'll tell you. She has the baby right now." Howie smiled, a sheepish grin that we couldn't wipe off his face. He looked to be in a trance, which was adorable. I knew he'd make a good father.

"We see Aunt Stazzie, Uncle Owdie?" Chase called out sleepily. He had fallen asleep on the couch. Howie smiled brightly as he scooped Chase up into his arms.

"We'll see her now." Howie grinned, leading us back down the hallway. Joy tore through my heart, I hoped she would feel the same.

***********

I entered the room first with AJ, Howie, and Chase. Everyone else followed behind. I glanced at the bed, Nastasia was propped up carefully with a tiny bundle in her arms.

I smiled brightly. She still looked beautiful. Her blonde hair hanging loosely behind her, not a strand really out of place. Her ocean eyes sparkling with a different light. When I reached her I found myself a bit jealous again, she was still slim. Even after having a baby! I knew she'd work the rest of the weight off in a matter of weeks.

"Hey Stazzie." AJ called softly. She looked up at Howie and AJ with a bright smile. Howie moved over to where she was laying and put a gentle kiss on her forehead. She laughed softly as he leaned down and placed one more kiss on her lips.

"Hey JJ..." She called back, sleep clogging her voice. I knew she was beat. Pushing a baby out of your body was hard work. I knew it from the past.

"Have baby?" Chase called nervously as AJ picked him up to let him see Nastasia. She gave Chase a tight nod as she looked down at the bundle in her arms.

"Hey Laurie..." Nastasia called, beckoning me over towards her. She gave me a shy smile as I came over and looked at her knowingly.

"Boy or girl?" I asked as she uncovered the baby. She gave Howie a sly smile. The baby was adorable, it's tiny hands gripping onto Howie's index finger as it gave a little coo. The baby had bronzed skin, and stared up at Nastasia with dark green eyes and I noticed the start of fuzzy blonde hair at the top of it's head. Pure cuteness, I knew the baby would turn out to be even more dazzeling as it grew older.

"Girl." Nastasia answered, "Alexandria Laurel Dorough."