- Text Size +
“One Last Dance”

**~Shuffling Around the Heart~**

She giggles as he pushes her gently towards the door, his lips brushing up against hers.

“Shhhh…we’ll get caught.” Genesis smirks, pushing Nick away from her, his body pressed up against her as he continues kissing her cheeks and lips. Her back pushes on the front door behind her as she pulls away from the kiss and laughs. “Nick, you don’t listen do you?”

Nick pulls away from her lips and smirks, “Well should I? Cause I don’t see you fighting much.”

Giggling, she glances down at her watch and smiles, giving him a quick embrace. “I have to change and get ready. Why don’t I pick you up at your place and your friends can come along as well.”

Nick smiles seductively and roams his hands down Genesis’s waist. Whispering in her ear, he brushes back a lock of her hair, “I don’t know if you can fit the four of my friends in your car though. But that’s nice of you anyway. I’ll make sure they’ll find their way to the club ok? You got the directions: I’ll just pass it along. Besides if they get lost we don’t have to feel guilty ‘cause we gave them the directions. And plus it can just be you and I…alone…in the car without the others staring us down like we did something wrong.”

Genesis smirks, stroking Nick’s matted black spikes in her hands. “Well, you don’t think that the way we’re behaving is wrong?”

Nick chuckles, pulling her to him close so he can intake her sweet fragrance of her perfume and soft scent. “If this is wrong, then damn I don’t wanna be right.”

Genesis breaks into a soft laughter, shaking her head. “Oh come on. Look we have to behave ok. No touching like this in front of the others ok. People already have an idea of us and I don’t want them talking or pulling you into some nasty rumors.”

“Well let them talk away, it’s not gonna stop me from the way I’m feeling for you.” Nick softly states, wrapping his arms around her waist. His soft breath cools her warm cheeks as he places one last kiss on her lips before releasing her.

Genesis sighs breathlessly, his touch leaving her weak in her knees. His lips captured her own so perfect, like it was meant only for her. He contained so much passion in his kisses as in his dancing and for that moment, Genesis was glad she had made the first move. There were no regrets and no turning back, they both wanted this yet neither knew how to begin it. She backs away, her eyes glued to his as he steps down the first step on her porch backwards.

“Nick, I think you should look before you…” She smirks as Nick stumbles down the next step, tripping over it and trying to act natural as if nothing had occurred.

“Oh right, see I knew that. I was just trying out a new step and from the looks of it, you liked it right?” Nick grins brightly, his sapphire orbs glittering brightly under the soft silver moon as he tries to his best to not blush under the slight embarrassment that occurred.

“Sure did. I hope I don’t have you tripping all over yourself. Cause you’d be a mess tonight when we go to the club.” Genesis teases, her light eyes glitter delightfully.

“Na. I’m just a natural klutz on that.” Nick straightens up, heading back to his car.

“Of course you are.” Genesis smirks, unlocking her front door. “Well I’ll see ya later.”

“Alright.” Nick waves at her, standing still as he watches her enter the house before he boards his rented car. Shaking his head in amusement, he breaks into a huge smile as he starts the ignition of the Ford Focus. “The power that woman has.” He mumbles to himself amused, pulling away from the dirt road and driving pass her house.

Genesis giggles as she watches from the window seeing Nick’s car pull away. She felt like she was thirteen again, all blushing and flustered. She had managed to bubble out words and break into constant giggles the entire time she was with Nick in the studio. He did something to her that no man ever could. He made her feel so beautiful even when she was all stressed out and sweaty. He looked passed the simple placid looks she felt she had and wanted to make her more beautiful than she can ever imagine. And for that, she was forever grateful. No man had ever taken the time to want to get to know her. They all had assumed that because of her appearance that she was an easy lie and rumors began like that. But not Nick, Nick was a true diamond in the rough. One that she couldn’t believe she had and she was afraid of letting go. He had warned her that by the time the dance competition would come, that he would only have a few days left before returning back home.

She gulps, not wanting to drown in utter despair that would surly follow when this perfect man would leave her. Perhaps she was in denial of the fact that her heart was leading her to him, but she couldn’t fall in love with him. It would hurt too much if she did, knowing the results. He would leave and she would stay with a heart needing much mending that no other man can fill and because of that, that was the reason she didn’t want to give in to him. Yet she was in her own way. God how she longed to have had him hold her longer under the moonlight as he would roam her body and make her his. Claiming her, taking her to new places in ecstasy that she can only imagine, yet that was only in her imagination. Cause if that step was to happen, she would fear the after effects. The ones that would cause him to doubt, to back away like the other men and leave her alone forever because of the strewn lies that shattered her reputation. Like Nadia had mentioned to her a while back, ‘Sex changes everything.’ And she couldn’t prepare to deal with such things at the moment now. She would have to keep her hands to herself and learn control as well as his. There was still a professional and business side to this entire relationship and she must keep this in mind.

Walking towards her bedroom, she heads to the bathroom to wash up when she sees Nadia exiting the threshold of the bathroom, all dressed up and ready to go to the club. Wearing tight black pants that contour Nadia’s curves on her tall body, she smirks as her dark raven curls lavish around her shoulders gently. Placing her lean dark tan hands on her waist, she gazes down at her friend, her dark eyes matching the sequin dark tank top that covered her like a soft blanket.

“Well welcome home missy. I was beginning to think something had happened?” Nadia teases, raising her eyebrows, “And did it?”

Blowing out a puff of air, Genesis rolls her eyes, pushing pass her friend. “We were talking and hanging out after the dance lesson. He’s a cool guy that’s all. I guess I lost track of time. No biggie. I’m here now and I’ll be ready in a few.” She quickly pours out, entering the bathroom and closing the door behind immediately before Nadia could get a word in.

“Ummmm hmmmm… What happened girl? Something juicy, didn’t it? You all shy and awkward about it. Did you guys make out again?” Nadia giggles, flopping on her own bed as she waited for her friend to get ready.

Genesis smiles, stepping into the running cool shower, ignoring Nadia’s prying talk. She won’t tell her, she couldn’t cause then she would lose the bet and that can’t happen. She can’t fall in love with a man in a week. That was impossible. It takes people months, years sometimes before the word love can take the place of lust in a relationship. And she for one knew she was one of those people. Stepping into the shower, she quickly washes herself and her hair, stepping out in a wrapped towel. Exiting the bathroom, she rushes to her closet feeling the boring of Nadia’s eyes on her the entire time.

“Dee, if you don’t have anything to do, why don’t you go and pick up Nick’s friends? I’m sure you’ll find them of interest.” Genesis busies herself, rustling through rows of hangers for something to wear.

“Na, I don’t know them like that, but why don’t you wear that cute lil’ outfit that drives the men wild? You know the red skin tight mini skirt of yours with that lace black strap top.” Nadia smirks, sitting on the edge of her bed, swinging her legs out in front of her.

Genesis glares at her friend, shaking her head, “You know I retired that outfit long ago. I’m not going back to that. I want something decent yet lovely. Eye wondering yet stunning.” She mumbles, pulling out a few tops tossing them on her bed.

“My my, aren’t we the picky one tonight? You know getting dressed isn’t a big deal for you, so why are you caring about it tonight?” Nadia grins, her curiosity getting the best of her.

“Look, I just want to look good. Is that a problem?” Genesis brushes off her friend’s question, hearing the soft giggles of Nadia.

“I know about you guys Gen. You like him don’t ya?” Nadia stands, easing her way over to Genesis’s bed strewn with clothes on it.

Sighing Gen shakes her head, “It’s not even like that.” She lied, shuffling through a pair of clingy leather black pants and ruffled black top.

“Yeah sure. Look if you feeling the guy it’s ok. I know I tease and joke with you about him, but there’s something happening between the two of you that you’re both just finding out. I mean I’ll still win the bet and besides, I think Nick is the kind of guy you need in your life right now. He seems to have you more calm and at ease.” She pauses, watching her friend pulling a lace tank top over her head. “And I think even though I tease ya about him, that you should listen to your heart.” She smiles, grabbing Genesis’s shoulders so that she was paying attention to her. “If you like him, then go for it. He’s changing you Gen and I kind of like it.”

Genesis snorts and gently pulls away from Nadia, reaching over to grab the leather pants on her bed. “I, I just don’t think it’s a good idea ok.”

Nadia rolls her eyes and begins putting away the rest of the clothes spread out on Genesis’s bed back into the closet. “Good idea for who Gen? For you? For him? For the town? Listen to yourself! This guy is obviously into you. I mean it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure that one out girl. And I know you like him too. So what’s the problem?”

Genesis zips up her pants, running her hands down the hem lines of her pants as she gazes into the full size mirror in front of her: besides the closet. Sighing, Genesis gazes up at Nadia, “The problem is…is that things like that don’t work out for me and you know it. Since when do I bump into Mr. Nice only to see the guy walk away from my life like they always do.”

Nadia exhales slowly, frowning: “Ohhh Gen. Sometimes I think you’re looking far into things. Maybe he isn’t Mr. Nice, but the right one. Mister right for once in your life.”

Genesis shakes her head, “No. He’ll be leaving here in a few days after next Saturday to go back home and I know I won’t ever see him again.”

Nadia sighs, fiddling with a hanger that held onto one of Genesis’s shirts. “Not if he’s feeling you like I know he is. He’ll stick around if it’s meant to be.”

Genesis smirks, “Thanks, but no thanks. He’s a nice guy that’s all. But I’ll just be searching for ‘the one’ ‘till its time for me to get settled down. It’s always been that way with me and it probably will always be. She whispers softly to herself, slumping onto the edge of her bed, combing out her hair.

Nadia smiles sadly, placing the hangers back into the closet before settling down next to Genesis on the bed. She runs a hand over her friend’s shoulders, before hugging her tightly, “Maybe this is the time and you just don’t know it yet.”

Genesis smiles, pulling away from her friend’s embrace, “Thanks, but I doubt it. Look, let’s go to the club, the guys are waiting for us and I don’t want to be late for the dance off.”

Smirking, Nadia nods: “Alright, well let’s go. We don’t wanna make Nick wait.”

Laughing, Genesis exits her room as Nadia follows behind her, both exiting the house behind them.
~*~

He drums his fingers on the steering wheel, waiting for his friends to board the car already. Running a hand through his hair, he could see A.J. smirking, shaking a finger at him.

“What?” Nick states, sitting up in the driver’s seat.

“You. How was the lesson?” A.J. asks with a tease as he languidly leans into the open side driver’s window.

“It was good. You know I think I got most of the moves down.” Nick smiles, feeling his heart patter at the memory of Genesis’s touch on him back in the studio.

“You don’t say? Well I’m sure you’ll be showing those moves off tonight at the club right? Her room mate called us telling us about it. So we’ll be heading out there. You driving?” A.J. adjusts his skull cap, taking off his shades and placing them folded onto the top cuff of his black wife beater.

“Actually no. Genesis is coming to pick me up. We’ll meet you guys there. She wants us to get there early so we can sign up and stuff. So when you guys get there, we’ll be set.” Nick stretches, opening the side door, stepping out of the vehicle.

“Hold on, you getting picked up?” A.J. grins widely, chuckling.

“Save it J.” Nick smirks, waving at Brian and Kevin who stepped out of the front door, the two men smirking at his direction. “What’s the joke man?”

“You.” Kevin strolls over to Nick, patting him on the shoulder. “So you gonna dance for us tonight I heard. It’s about time.”

“Yeah maybe you can give Kevin some lessons.” Brian smirks, watching Kevin chuckling softly.

“It might take a miracle for him to take that stick out of his a…” Nick was intercepted with Howie banging the front door closed.

“Sorry.” Howie smirks, heading towards them, boarding the SUV followed by Brian.

Kevin and A.J. glance at each other each with a mischievous glow behind their eyes.

“Well I guess we should head out then. I heard traffic sucks as we head over to the club. So Nick you coming with us?” Kevin asks as A.J. shakes his head.

“No can do Kev. Seems he’s getting escorted by miss Gen herself at the club.” A.J. pokes Nick in the ribs as he boards the SUV.

Nick passes his hands over his recently washed hair as he fans himself with the collar of his shirt, the axe cologne wafting in the air.

“Oh really? Well then I guess we should head out then, since Nick doesn’t need us now.” Kevin grins, heading over to the backseat of the vehicle.

Nick rolls his eyes, “You guys are heading over there now?”

“Well not yet, first we gonna pick up our dates.” Howie grins.

“Your dates?” Nick smirks.

“Oh yeah Nick, see we actually have dates cause we have the balls to tell the ladies we feeling them.” A.J. grins from the backseat receiving a middle finger from Nick’s direction.

“Real nice Nick, put that finger down.” Brian chuckles, sliding into the passenger side seat.

“Just a question, all you guys have dates ‘cept Brian right?” Nick smiles, watching Brian laugh.

“I would have one if my wife was with me.” Brian smirks.

Howie nods, “Yup, just about. I’m gonna go pick up Angela, then we’ll stroll by Kevin’s date place and get Kristin and later stop by Alex’s Suzy.”

“Ahh ok. Well I’ll see ya guys then.”

“Aight. And hey Nick, good luck, make us proud buddy.” Brian waves as Howie backs the green SUV out of the driveway.

Nick laughs, “Alright. Well it’s just a dance off. Nothing big.”

“Still it’s a start and you’ll be doing this in front of people.” Howie states out of the window as he smiles and waves bye to Nick as he pulls the vehicle away from the cabin, leaving Nick alone in the driveway.

“Well. It’s just me.” He mumbles to himself, taking a seat on the front steps, waiting for Genesis to show up. Sighing, he closes his eyes and smirks at A.J.’s past comment: ‘Oh yeah Nick, see we actually have dates ‘cause we have the balls to tell the ladies we feeling them.’

“Punk.” Nick whispers to himself, feeling a smile crawl over his face. He stares up at the starless velvet sky, seeing a few lights glow off in the sky, the airplanes soaring over the land peacefully. He begins to think through the day’s event and feels his heart race at the thought of holding Genesis. There was something about her that made him think twice about his actions. He was drawn to her like he needed to quench his thirst and she was the only way to solve that. He longed to explore her body and make her smile in pleasure. She was one of a kind and the fact that she was so humble about a lot of things made it so tempting. He knew he held some form of power over her, for whenever he held her close, he could feel her tremble under his touch and he enjoyed that even if it was something as simple as that. He didn’t know what to do with himself, he wanted to get to know Genesis more but he was concerned that if he did, he would be forced to decide what will occur when it was time for him to head back home. Could he stay and make a life here with her or should he take the chance of leaving here and bringing her along. Would she even decide to go with him? Was she at least interested in him as he was in her? To a point, he was blinded at that and didn’t know if she was falling for him as he wanted her to be. Maybe he was hoping for too much, asking for some form of miracle that he for once in his life not A.J. could get the girl that others crave. Sure she was beautiful but she wasn’t a trophy girlfriend, she was one who needed to be shown ‘cause he was just plain proud of having her in his life.

He snaps his attention a few minutes later at the sound of gravel spraying from a car pulling up to the driveway. He dusts his baggy dark blue jeans off as he gets ready to meet her. Smiling, he stands up from the steps and watch Genesis step out of her car, a smile on her soft lips.

“Hey you.” She whispers out as Nick walks over to her, standing in front of her as he brushes back a strand of her hair behind her ears. “So, you ready?”

Nick nods, “Yeah. Let’s go. The guys are hyped in seeing me dance. To be honest with you, I’m real nervous about this. I mean people are gonna be looking and want to judge.”

“Well that’s part of life. There will always be someone there ready to judge. The question is what will you feel when you’re done with it all?” She states, running her hands on the collar of his green tank top, smiling as he cups her hands with his.

Gently pulling her hand away, he embraces her and lets his lips crawl over her neck hearing her moan out as she giggles. “Nick come on, we got to behave.”

“I know, just want to get it all of my system.” Nick smirks, leading her back to the car.

“Well it better be, ‘cause tonight all eyes will be on us and you need to control your hands.” She smiles, her eyes glowing brightly as she boards the driver’s seat of her black Camry.

Nick slides into the passenger seat, closing the door next to him, “I’ll try, but I can’t promise you that.”

“You better boy.” She giggles, pulling away from the driveway.

Nick leans back in the seat, watching the small buildings pass by him in the car window. The silence haunts him as he looks over at her, watching her concentrate on the road before them. “Gen, can we talk about what’s happening with us?”

Genesis caught off guard, glances at him quickly confused and back on the road. “Well what about us?”

Nick smirks, sitting up in the seat, “Be real, in a matter of days I’ll be leaving, will you miss me?”

Genesis gulps and jerks her head no, struggling to concentrate on her driving. “What?”

Sighing, Nick slumps back in the seat, “Forget it.”

“Now I want to know why did you ask that? Will you miss me?” She whispers, slowing the car down at a street light, her eyes glancing back at him.

“I’ll answer after you answer my question.” Nick smiles softly, sitting up in the seat. His dark blue eyes piercing at her intensely.

Gulping, Genesis shrugs her shoulders, “I, I guess yeah why?”

Nick shakes his head annoyed, “I just wanted to know that’s all.”

“Oh right.”

Nick wanted to blurt out his thoughts and lie down his feelings to her, but he was afraid of scaring her off. He didn’t know if she wanted to hear that from a man she just met. Sure they kissed, but behind that kiss there were unspoken feelings that Nick needed to hear from her. He needed to know if he was wasting his time, so he can move on. He didn’t want to play around anymore, he was tired of that and needed something solid to hold on to.

Genesis glances over at Nick as she drives down the lane, seeing how hurt he seemed by her remark. “Nick, yes I will miss you deeply. And I’m sorry if you thought I hurt your feelings.”

Nick smirks, “Look don’t worry about it, ok?”

“Right, right well.” She smiles, patting his knee.

Nick grabs her hand and trails her hand up his thigh as she gasp. “Nick stop.”

“What? I was just dusting off your hand. You had something sticky on it.” Nick smiles innocently and he burst into laughter. “You didn’t think I was gonna do something wild now did you? You have such a dirty mind for a little girl.”

She clears her throat, swiping her hand away and placing it back on the steering wheel. “Right, well.” She giggles, driving them into a highway. “I’m really excited about this, are you?” She squeaks out, a smile spanning her cheeks.

“Not sure. I’m getting all nauseous thinking about it.” Nick smirks, fiddling with the radio, finding some music to ease the tension.

He flips through some stations, not liking any of the music given and turns it off, sighing and sitting back in his seat.

Genesis smiles, caressing his cheek as she pulls up to a crowded parking lot, “Hey listen Nick it’ll be great. Once you get started things will be go smoothly.”

Nick nods, smiling, touching her lips. “I never had any complaints before, I’m always smooth when I start.”

She laughs, “And here I am supposed to be the one with the dirty mind.” And she finds a space, parking the car.

“Well let’s go then, we have an audience waiting for us.”

“Alright.” And she exits the car, following behind Nick. They smirk as Nick holds her hand, leading her to the entrance of the club where the loud pounding music was coming from. She giggles as he wraps his arm around her waist, tickling her as he enters the glass doors of the club. The lavish club sweltered in pulsating red and orange blinking lights, the walls furnished in soft red velvet all around the interior as crowds of people dance in the center of the glittering swirling center in the club. Genesis nods her head to the beat as she smiles and leads Nick to the center of the dance floor. Pushing her way through the crowd of the people, she situates herself in the center of the dance floor, the lights swirling above them as the loud pop music blast through the speakers.

Nick leans into her ear, “When does the dance off starts?”

“I already signed us before hand. I called and they’ll announce it as they start.”

Nick nods and they nod their heads softly to the beat of the music. Suddenly Genesis looks up and smiles, waving over at Nadia and a tall cinnamon colored lean handsome man. Nick glances over and smiles, watching Nadia make her way over to them. Nick looks at Nadia and introduces himself to the man.

“Nick, this is Joey, Joey this is Nick.” Nadia greets them as they shake hands.

Joey smiles and gazes around the club, his dark eyes scanning over at the other end of the club. “Ummm, do you know those people over there?” Joey points to a group of four men and three women standing around in the corner, viewing the club in confusion.

Nick nods, “Hey yeah! Those guys are my friends! Hey J, Rok, Kev, D! Over here guys!” He leaps and waves, calling his friends over.

Kevin smirks and leads the group over to him as Nadia giggles and eyes them.

“Hey, glad you guys made it.” Nick smiles, getting a pat on his back from Kevin.

“We couldn’t miss this Nicky.” Kevin smiles: gazing at the attractive woman standing next to him.

“Hey and who’s this?” Nick smiles, gently shaking the woman’s hand.

Kevin smiles, gazing at Genesis before clearing his throat, “Oh right, of course. Well this is Kristin, my date for tonight.”

“Ohhhh, she’s the one huh? She’s hott.” Nick smirks, getting a few laughs from the others.

A.J. smirks, placing his arm around the red haired woman, Suzy, “Well Nicky can’t wait to see ya dancing together.”

Genesis smirks, nodding her head, “Well you’ll all be in a surprise then. This boy got moves.”

“Really? Genesis be real, white boy can dance?” A.J. teases, getting a giggle out of Suzy.

“Sure can. Just you wait and see.” Genesis smiles proudly at Nick.

Angela smiles at them and pokes Howie in the ribs, “You know, I think they’re a cute couple.”

Howie chokes back a smile, shaking his head, “They’re not dating. At least from what I can tell.”

Angela nods her head, “Maybe, but there’s something there. Look at the way they look at each other.” She whispers into his ear as Howie smiles and nods his head.

“You know what? I think maybe something is going on.” Howie smirks, watching a DJ announce over the speakers some names.

The DJ smiles and lowers the music, speaking into the microphone: “Alright ladies and gents. We’re about to begin our weekly dance off. If your name is called take center stage on the dance floor and show us what you got…”

Genesis giggles, not listening to the rest of the announcement as she gazes at Nick. “Deep breaths Nick, we’re about to kick some major booty.”

Nick smirks, “Aight, let’s do this!” And he hears his friends laughs and cheer as he heads to the center of the dance floor, the swirling red and orange lights flourish the panel floors beneath them. Suddenly Nick could feel her tense up as she stares at a tall dark haired, darkly tan lean woman dressed in a tight black jacket with white lettering on it and black leather pants.

“Desiree.” Genesis states inaudible to Nick’s ear.

“Who?” He asks, staring at the woman taking the center stage, twirling and giving splits as a round of applause goes off around them.

The woman glances over at their direction and shuffles her way over to them, twirling in front of Genesis, her dark raven and red locks hit Genesis’s cheeks. Nick pulls Genesis back as he watches the woman twirl and stomp on the floor before him.

“Well look at you. Genesis didn’t tell me she got a white boy as her partner. Think you can go up against me and my boy.” Desiree rolls her eyes, calling a man over to her.

Nick gulps and watches a tall muscular man in a red blazer and black tank top beneath. The man’s cinnamon skin glistens in sweat as he breaks into hip hop steps over the pulsating music that started. The man’s neatly bald head worked well with the cap he wore. Nick could hear the D.J.’s voice announce the first couple:

“First up let’s give it up for Desiree and her partner hailing from New York, Vincent.”

The crowd roars into applause as the couple smirk and take their place in the center of the dance floor. Nick could feel Genesis’s hand grip tightly over his as she breathes out nervously.

He leans over her and shakes his head, whispering into her ear, “What are you afraid of? You know you’re better than her, you got dance moves that can rock her world.”

She forces a smile at his comment and shakes her head, “Its not that Nick! She’s real good, that’s why. Look, just watch them.” She points with a shaking hand at Desiree and Vincent as the loud hip hop music begins.

Nick keeps his eyes train on the couple dancing as they break smoothly into a choreographed dancing on Usher’s single “Yeah” The crowd roars in excitement as the couple twirl and dance around each other, each breaking into back flips as Desiree leaps and wraps her legs around Vincent’s waist, pulsating her waist rhythmically on his. Nick could hear Genesis sigh and exhale deeply as the crowd cheers and waves their hands in the air to the performing couple. Finally Desiree finishes her dance moves off by turning around still on her partner’s waist as he lifts her up and she twirls to the floor, springing up from behind his legs as they strike a finishing pose like true winners.

Nick’s mouth drops open as the crowd whistles and shrieks in enjoyment as the D.J. gets back on the mic with a smile on his face. “Wow, let’s give it up for Desireee and Vincent!” And the crowd responds with more cheers and whistles.

Nadia sighs and pushes her way through the crowd reaching Genesis, “You have nothing to worry about. You can dance better than her and you know it.”

“Maybe this was a bad idea. I don’t think Nick can do this yet.” Genesis cries out softly to her friend.

Nadia grabs her friend’s face staring at her, “Look at me Gen. Its now or never, do you hear me? You go out there and prove to her and to anyone else who’s doubting that you can dance and so can Nick. Have faith in Nick, he’s never let you down before and I highly doubt he’ll do it tonight.” She whispers, seeing a twinkle in Genesis’s eyes.

“You’re right. Absolutely right.” Genesis smiles: hugging Nadia as the D.J. calls out their names.

“Let’s give it up to our next couple in the dance off, she goes by the name of Genesis Martinez and her partner hailing from Florida Nickolas Carter.”

“Yeah!!” Brian cheers, patting Nick on the back, “Go and make us proud boy!”

“Do your thing boy, prove to all these peeps you got moves!” A.J. and Suzy shout in unison as Kevin and Kristin cheer him on. Howie and Angela clap and cheer as Genesis takes Nick’s hand and leads to the center floor. Nadia and her date Joey watch in anticipation as the couple takes their places on the floor.

Closing her eyes, Nadia crosses her fingers and smiles. “She can do it. I know she will.”
~**~

**~To Be Continued…~**