- Text Size +
“One Last Dance”

**~Dancing To Dire News~**

The D.J. smiles and flips on a record as the sultry “Fever” song, begins to play. Nick and Genesis gaze at each other as the rowdy crowd cheers and yells. Nick gulps and shakes his sweaty palms as he hears Genesis gentle voice cut in:

“Hey Nick, it’ll be ok. We’re just dancing for fun now. Let’s just do what we’ve been rehearsing in the studio k?”

Nick nods quickly, his lights eyes glance around the screaming crowd. Genesis places a reassuring hand on his arm, smiling to ease his discomforts. He smiles as the beat to the song blast through the speakers:

‘Never know how much I love you
Never know how much I care
When you put your arms around me
I get a fever that's so hard to bear
You give me fever (you give me fever) when you kiss me
Fever when you hold me tight (you give me fever)
Fever ... in the mornin'
Fever all through the night’

Immediately Genesis is pulled closed to Nick as she begins to descend down his leg sexily. The crowd whistles and cheers as Nick lifts up Genesis, the slow song enrapturing them. Genesis feels his arms wrap around her waist as they begin to slowly wind down to the floor.

A.J. gasps in surprise and pokes Brian in the ribs, “Ohh damn, he wasn’t kidding about that part.”

Kevin laughs as Kristin cuddles besides him watching the dancing couple spread out and break into reggae as Beanie Man’s “Dude” blast through the speakers. A.J. and Suzy watch in awe as Nadia and Joey bop their heads to the beats cheering for them. Brian, Howie and Angela laugh and cheer as Genesis spins into Nick’s arm and he lifts her up slowly and erotically in which the audience roared in approval. Nick slides across the floor as Genesis does the same on the opposite side, both back flipping and landing in front of each other as they break into reggae again. Nick lifts Genesis up into the air as she wraps one leg around his waist, spinning around to his back, perching on his shoulders before Nick turns around and faces her having her slide down head first pass his thighs before lifting her back up and placing her on the ground. He backs away a few feet as Genesis runs to him, leaping at him as he catches her and lifts her above his head with his hands as she lies out seductively on his palms. She crosses one leg over the other and smiles as the crowd stomps and roots out for them. Nadia, Joey, Howie and Angela cheer loudly as Kevin, Kristin, Brian, A.J. and Suzy whistle loudly for their friends.

The couple bow and clap as Genesis and Nick embrace each other laughing.

“Nick!!! You did great!!! Oh My God!” Nadia yells over to them, picking her way through the crowd.

Nick smiles and humbly bows his head, “Thanks. Not bad for the first time huh?”

“Not bad at all. Dude you killed it out there!” Joey remarks excitedly as the rest of the group joins up with them.

“Nick! Dude! Oh Damn!” was all A.J. could say, shaking his head happily.

Nick laughs receiving a pat on his back from Kevin who throws his arms over the younger man. “Nick, that was amazing! You proved us all wrong. You can dance!”

“Wow, white boy really does know how dance.” A.J. chuckles as the others laugh gently over the club music that was blasting through the speakers again.

“You guys have nothing to worry about. You kicked that chick’s behind lovely.” Brian states: taking a sip of his drink as he bops his head to the music playing.

“Aww, thanks guys.” Genesis smiles, “He did his thing and I’m glad he was able to go through with it all. See Nick you didn’t freeze up!”

“Yeah, that’s a good thing right?” Nick smirks, gazing around as more people in the crowd cheer and give him and Genesis a thumbs up sign.

“Oh yeah.” Genesis breaks into a laugh. “I’ll be right back, gotta head to the bathroom guys.”

Angela looks up and smiles, “Well I’ll go with you, I’ve been dying to use the toilet but it’s a mess to get through here.”

“Tell me about it. I found a short cut.” Genesis smirks, pointing down a small less dense pathway marked with people.

“Alright. See ya in a few.” Angela waves at Howie as she and Genesis disappears down the pathway of the club, getting swallowed into the crowd.

Howie yawns quietly and gazes at Nick as Brian and A.J. run off to the cocktail serving.

“What’s with the yawning D?” Nick asks curiously, receiving a few cheers from a passing couple behind him.

Howie laughs, “Nothing. Just a bit tired.”

“Of what?” Suzy giggles.

“Man you’re perfect for A.J. you guys think on the same mode.” Howie smirks.

Nick and Suzy break into a laughter as a fair haired woman bumps into Nick by accident.

Nick turns back as the petite woman bumbles out a soft sorry before looking up at him. Nick smiles and suddenly breaks into a laugh as recognition comes over his face. “That’s alright. Oh man, hold on, you’re not…na, you’re not Farah are you?”

The honeysuckled haired woman giggles and nods, “Oh my God! Nicky! It’s you! I can’t believe it, you dance now? You were incredible!”

Nick laughs gazing at the woman: her slender toned petite body was snug against soft white Capri pants with two lace wife beaters over one another, the grey beneath the white one. Her loose tendrils topple effortlessly and framed her oval light tan slim face, curving it in an almost instant natural frame.

A.J. and Brian make their way back from the cocktail bar to see Farah and Nick talk and laugh about something.

“Ohhhh, isn’t that Nick’s ex?” Brian whispers loudly to A.J.

Smirking, A.J. nods, “Oh yeah, my, it’s a small world ain’t it? What a cowinkydink that little miss Farah so happens to be here.”

“Somehow you’re not finding this surprising A.J.” Brian eyes his friend curiously.

“Nope. See its like the movies B. When a guy starts liking a girl, somehow someone has to enter the picture to make the guy struggle through.” A.J. chuckles, taking a sip of his drink in his hands.

Brian rolls his eyes, “Suzy got you watching chick flicks now huh?”

“What?! No man, ain’t no chick flick here B, it’s just a piece of reality told through fiction.” A.J. proudly states, licking the taste of his drink off his lips.

Brian chuckles and makes his way over to them. “Hey Suzy, D and Nick, we’re back.”

Nick stops talking for a moment with Farah and looks up. “Oh hey B!”

“Hi and who’s the lady?” Brian asks as A.J. slowly makes his way over to Suzy with a smirk on his face.

“Oh Brian you remember her, Farah.” Nick pauses to see Brian and Farah greet each other before continuing.

“Sure do. You’re the girl that took this big boy’s heart away for a while.” He carefully states, eying them curiously.

Farah giggles, “Oh that was a while back Brian. Anyways, it’s great to see you here.”

“I was just gonna ask you why you’re around here? Did you move from Florida?” Brian stands there trying to see where Kevin and Kristin are at.

Farah shakes her head no, causing a few of her blonde tendrils to topple around her neck like a princess. He had to admit, she was beautiful and no wonder Nick went gaga for her a while back. But for whatever the reason, the couple had called off their relationship feeling according to Farah that she needed some space. Brian wasn’t too fond of seeing this woman suddenly appear here, playing with Nick’s heart. He only hoped that they would maintain their friendships and not fall back into their strange relationship that left Nick confused and hurt.

Brian exhales slowly as he spots Kevin, Kristin, Nadia and Joey dancing besides each other all enjoying themselves. He gazes back up to Nick who held a goofy grin as he talks with Farah about their past adventures.

“I’m just so excited to see you Nick. I missed you.” Farah whispers, batting her long eyelashes, the grey eyes staring back at Nick intensely.

“Missed me? Really?” Nick looks around, feeling invaded as his friends stare back at him. “Ummm…how ‘bout we talk over at the bar, less invasion of privacy if you know what I mean.” Seeing his friends shrugs their shoulders and break into their own conversation knowing they were brushed off.

Farah nods and smiles, gazing at Nick. Her eyes locked on how wonderful he looked since the last she seen him.

Nick smirks and leads Farah through the small crowd in their way over to the bar as they each take a sit on two stools beside each other. “What something to drink?”

Farah shakes her head and folds it on her lap nervously. “Nick, actually it’s a good thing I found you. I wanted to talk to you about why I needed my space.”

Nick sighs, drumming his fingers on the counter, not sure if he wanted to hear her excuse. “Well why is that?” A bartender approaches them as Nick asks for a small shot of brandy.

“Stuff was going on that I needed to deal with and I didn’t know how you would respond to it.”

“Respond to what Farah? You didn’t want to be with me anymore, I just thought you got tired of me or something.” Nick mumbles out, eager to change the topic fast, watching the bartender tend to his drink.

Farah gulps and clasps his hands with hers. “Listen to me Nick. Remember how I was getting all sick and stuff?” She pauses to see him nod his head, “Well” She continues, “I was sick alright, but in a good way.”

“There a good illness now? Wow, didn’t know that.” Nick rolls his eyes, afraid he was going to hear something he wasn’t ready to know. He watches the bartender return with his drink and walk away.

“Nick I was pregnant.” She states quickly, her eyes locked on him as he chokes on his drink that he just took a sip from.

“Pregnant?! Oh God! My kid?” Nick whispers, forcing the drink down his throat.

Farah gulps, looking around nervously before nodding her head.

“You, you were pregnant with my kid and you didn’t tell me?” Nick growls out, swiping his hands away from hers.

“I was afraid you wouldn’t want me anymore if you knew I was pregnant. Nick babies are a big responsibility and I didn’t know what you would think of me. Children change a relationship Nick and we’re both so young to have children.”

Nick thinks through the sudden reality of her statement as he shakes his head, “Twenty-four isn’t young to have children. But the fact you kept this hidden from me just pisses me off. Why…how could you not tell me?” He states annoyed, tapping the empty shot glass cup on the counter.

“Because…because I was afraid Nick! That’s why! I didn’t know what to do or how to respond to the news.”

Nick sighs and looks at her, “So did you go through the pregnancy?”

“I didn’t want to. But I didn’t have enough money for an abortion. So I had the child.”

Nick sighs and taps his hands on the bar counter, shaking his head. “Oh God. Where’s the baby?”

“At my mom’s place right now, a few miles down from here.” She whispers quietly.

“Boy or girl?”

“Boy, his name is Andrew, Andy for short.” She whispers, gulping.

Nick licks his lips slowly, inhaling quietly. “Andy…” He whispers and gazes at her. “How many months is he?”

“Two months.” She whispers, watching Nick calculate the months of her pregnancy.

“Nick it’s your child. I never slept with anyone before that and you know it.” Farah tenses up as Nick rolls his eyes at her.

“Yeah well. Thanks for telling me late.” Nick states sarcastically.

Farah sighs, “This is why I didn’t tell you. I knew you would find this all hard and not believe me.”

Nick slams the glass shot cup on the counter, breaking it in his hand as he watches the shards dig into his flesh.

“Oh God, you cut yourself!”

“I’m fine. It’s just a small cut.” Nick whispers, yanking his hand away from the counter before Farah could reach for it.

“Wait, let me clean the glass off it. It could get infected.” She states, reaching to his hand.

Nick stands up and backs away from Farah’s touch, “I’m fine ok.”

“Nick, I still care for you. Nothing has ever changed that. I went through the pregnancy on my own cause it’s a burden. I’m not expecting you to pay child support or anything. I just wanted you to know that’s all.”

“Yeah well, how nice. Thanks for the late news.” He glares around the club, looking for any of his friends.

“Nick, I’m sorry if you feel hurt. I still do care for you. And nothing is gonna change that.”

Nick nods his head and glances back at her, sighing. “You think caring is not telling me the truth. Farah I spend the past eight months not knowing about my child and now you think you can win me over?”

“I’m not trying to do that Nick! I’m just concerned for your child now. I want you to be in his life. That’s all I’m asking you.”

Nick clicks his tongue on the roof of his mouth, shaking his head. “I…I…I can do that.”

Farah smiles, “That’s all I want.” And she reaches for his injured hand, wiping the blood stains off his palms. He watches her soft touch caress his hand and he smiles. He missed her in his life. He didn’t remember how gentle she was with him. He flinches as she cleans the cut and she looks up. “Sorry. You always did let your anger get the best of you.”

Nick laughs gently as he pulls his hand slowly away from her. “Yeah well, news like this isn’t easy to swallow.”

“I can’t blame ya.” She brushes back some of her tendrils smiling at him. “Maybe your friends are looking for you now.”

Nick nods, “Yeah, I guess I should over there.”

Farah smiles and rolls a napkin, wrapping a piece of it around his hand over the small cuts. “There ya go. Now don’t go breaking things when you get home.”

“I’ll try not to.” He smiles as Farah brushes her fingers down his cheek, caressing his face lovingly. He takes a deep breath as her soft scent and perfume flooded his nose. Along with that memories of their past love played out in his mind. And he stares at her, brushing a strand of hair away from her face. “I tried to forget you. To move on.” He states, watching Farah bite her lower lip. “But it was hard.”

“I’m sorry. It was difficult for me as well. I didn’t want to lose you. Nick you’re the best thing in my life and when you left I was broken. I was lost without you. But you did leave me. And I can’t rewind to take back what I said. If I could freeze time and go back to change what I said, I would still have you in my life.” Farah runs her fingers down the back of his neck, the spot that he loved to be touched.

He breaths out in pleasure and smiles, gazing at his wrapped hand. “You still know that huh?”

“You still like that I see.” Farah smiles gently. She looks around the club and clears her throat, locking eyes with him, “Nick, I never stopped loving you.”

Nick closes his eyes and shakes his head, this couldn’t be happening to him, not now. He felt torn, suddenly his past love comes back for him and here he is trying to figure out what he wanted from Genesis. Nick eyes her and sighs, “Love is a funny thing isn’t it?”

Farah laughs, nodding her head. “Sure is.”

Nick stands up and embraces her, inches away from her lips as she stares back at him. “I, I should go now.” He whispers out nervously, letting her go along with the memories for a second.

“Ok. Listen I’ll give you my number so you can get the directions to see Andy. He looks like you Nick.” She smiles, pulling at his cell phone and placing her number in it. “You’re welcome to call me at anytime of the day it doesn’t matter.”

Nick glances at her number on his phone and nods. “Right. I’ll talk with ya later then k. It, it was nice seeing you again.”

“The same here Nick.” She smiles, watching him leave, walking back into the crowd. “I love you Nick.” She whispers to herself, getting off the stool and leaving the club.
~*~

Genesis laughs as Angela giggles and reapplies her lipstick.

“I’m really serious Gen. He does that. I mean it’s the cutest thing, but still.” Angela smiles, gazing in the bathroom mirror.

Genesis shakes her head happily, washing her hands under the cold sink water. “Aww poor Howie. Well he gets the loving he needs right?”

“Exactly! And he better not complain either about it.” Angela smirks, pulling back a few of her golden strands behind her ears.

“Lord knows if he does, he’s in trouble.” Genesis jokes, brushing back her dark hair.

“Sooo…spill the beans Gen. What’s up with you and Nick?” Angela smiles: pulling out a few tissues to dry her wet hands from the water.

“What’s up with us? Nothing. Why?”

Angela rolls her light eyes as she places a hand on her hip. “Yeah sure, you can fool the boys out there, but I know something’s up. So we’ll try this again. What’s up with you and Nick?”

Genesis smiles, shaking her head. “We’re dancing partners. That’s it.”

“Yeah sure and me and Howie are virgins.” Angela jokes around, laughing.

Genesis joins and shakes her head, “Well what do you wanna know?”

“Whatever you wanna tell me. Now spill, I’m dying over here.” Angela smiles.

Genesis exhales and sees her cheeks blush a hint of pink as she thinks of Nick. “I mean maybe there’s something there. I don’t know. I mean it’s kinda of a weird situation cause he’s my dancing partner and stuff and we have to keep things professional.”

“And I’m guessing pleasure got in the way of business?” Angela draws out, seeing Genesis blush deeply.

“Maybe. I mean nothing like you know sex. But there is some form of tension.”

“I noticed. In fact I’m not the only who can tell.”

Genesis smiles, “And who else notices?”

“Howie. He’s very observant about things like that.” Angela taps her fingers on the porcelain sink.

“Figures.” Genesis giggles, gathering her purse as she makes her way to the exit of the bathroom.

“And don’t worry this is girl talk. I won’t tell the boys about this.” Angela grins, opening the door and holding it open for Genesis as they leave the bathroom. Both of the women make their way back to the group of their friends as one lady laughs and points at Genesis.

Angela rolls her eyes and tugs on Genesis arm, “Don’t pay no attention to her.”

“I’m not. But she’s pissing me off with her laughing. She’s probably one of Desiree’s crew.”

“Could be, she’s slutty like her.” Angela smiles, getting a laugh out of Genesis.

“Ohh we gotta hang more, you’re funny.” Genesis grins, waving at Nick and the others.

Angela nods, “Thanks.” And she giggles as she waves at Howie and joins up to meet him.

A.J. bops his head to the hip hop music that is blasting through the club speakers as Suzy tugs him to the dance floor. He smirks and shakes his head. “Na babe, I like listening to the song. Next song though aight?”

Suzy nods and talks to Kristin who came back from dancing with Kevin. Nick looks around and sees a few people smirking at his direction as he rolls his eyes. He needed to talk to someone and now. He grabs A.J.’s arm and pulls on it.

“Hey man, easy now. I’ll need this arm later tonight.” A.J. grumbles out.

“Dude, I wanna tell ya something, but not here.” Nick eyes him, hoping A.J. wouldn’t start questioning him.

A.J. smirks and glances around to the others in the group. “Dude fine. Better make this fast. I own Suzy a dance to the next song.”

“Aight, it’ll be real fast man.” Nick states, pulling on A.J.’s shoulder to signal him to hurry.

A.J. sighs and follows Nick through the dancing crowd as they see an open metal door with security besides it. “Through there. It’s a way out.”

“Ahhhhh. Fine, hurry man you wasting my dancing minutes.” A.J. grumbles out playfully as they step pass some security and exits into the dimly lit alleyway. Nick leans on the brick wall, inhaling the cool night air. A.J. stretches his arms overhead and pulls out a cigarette, lighting it up. “Aight, what is it?”

“It’s Farah.”

A.J. shrugs his shoulders, “What about her man?”

“She said I have a son.” Nick blurts out quickly not giving A.J. a chance to recollect the concept.

A.J. chokes on the cigarette smoke he accidentally inhaled, spitting besides him as he waves his hand in front of him. “Say what?!”

“Shhhh…when we broke up she was already pregnant but never told me.”

“Dude, what the hell? And what now, she wants you to care for the kid that you don’t even know is yours?” He places the cigarette, between his lips, shaking his head. “Unbelievable. No wonder you looked like a deer caught in some headlights.”

“Dammit, what the hell am I suppose to do? She wants me to see him.”

“And are you?” A.J. asks curiously.

“Dude! I don’t know. That’s why I’m talking to you!” Nick yells out.

“Nick, you need to calm down.”

“Calm down? Calm down? How?! I have kid that I didn’t know about. Should I feel relieve about all this?”

A.J. shakes his head, “Damn boy you’re screwed on that. I don’t know what to tell you expect you should have used protection.” He smirks, leaning on the wall of the club.

“Haha. That’s not helping!” Nick growls out as he paces before A.J.

“Look if you really believe the child is yours, then do the responsible thing and go see the kid. Besides its not like she wants to give you a chance, I mean you with Gen…”

“No.”

“No what? Dude you didn’t let me finish.” A.J. states: blowing out a puff of smoke from his mouth.

“No, about me and Gen I mean. I don’t know what’s going on with us and plus I think Farah wants to give us a chance again and when she touched me and said things God I knew why I cared for her so much.”

“Ohhh whoaaa. Hold up. You mean to tell me you would get back with Farah if you had the chance?”

“I don’t know J! I’m all messed up here man. I’m trying to figure something out, but this isn’t making it easy for me.”

A.J. exhales and drops the cigarette on the ground, stepping on it to extinguish it. Sighing, A.J shakes his head and eyes his friend. “Who would have thought you been in this problem?” He chuckles softly to himself.

“What? You think this is funny? Cause it ain’t.”

“Oh its funny dude. It’s real funny man, you have no idea.” A.J. smirks, rubbing his hands down the seam of his jean pockets.

“Whatever. I don’t know what I’m gonna do. I mean I like Genesis, she’s sweet and God she’s amazing, just everything about her is wow.” Nick smiles, reminding himself of Genesis’s soft lips on him, her gentle touches on his body and the way he feels whenever he’s kissing her, her hands roaming his body.

“And suddenly Farah comes and you’re stuck to figure things out right?” A.J. watches Nick nervously run a hand through his raven hair. Smiling, A.J. grins, “The dye is running low I see.”

Nick growls, “Screw the bet, I’ll pay ya whatever when its time.”

A.J. laughs, “Forget it. It’s all good. You ain’t gotta pay me back now. I’ll cancel that payment. I just wanted to see you change your hair color that’s all.”

Nick pauses in his pacing and smirks: “Dude you’re messed up in the head. You know that right?”

“Me? Oh wait, I’m not the one with female issues.” A.J. smirks. “At least I carry condoms around me all the time and watch my behavior. You’re the bad one Nicky. You banged her and banged her good that there is a little Nicky running around this world and that’s scary.”

“Shut up. You helped me in nothing.” Nick drums his fingers on the wall next to him.

“Hey that’s what friends are for right?” A.J. grins seeing Nick flip him off.

“A.J. what am I gonna do with Genesis?”

A.J. laughs, “Hehe, well I have a few suggestions…”

Nick interrupts him, “Real suggestions J.”

“Well hey I was gonna give you the advice.”

“No. you were gonna tell me to have sex with her and then do it again and again till the answer comes to me.”

A.J. breaks into a laugh, “Ahh dude, you know me too well. But actually.” He turns serious and grips Nick’s left shoulder, “You talk with Genesis about what happened to you. You know what you feel for her and the answer will come to you when you see how she responds. Nick, love comes in many ways. Sometimes if you look too hard you can miss it man. Don’t let Genesis go, she’s the only thing that got you loving life again. Farah had that effect and yeah she does hold your past. But guess what. She lost you, she let her fear get in the way of her feelings for you and she lost you. Nick: its time to let go of the past. Genesis is your present and God willing your future.” A.J. states: seeing a glow in Nick’s eyes.

“Wow, dude you got all smart on me man.” Nick jokes out, avoiding A.J.’s hit on his head. “But yeah thanks. That helped out…a lot.”

“Well good. Cause I give good advice once a week. The next time I’ll charge ya for it.” A.J. smirks, entering the club again waving at the security guards to join their friends again.

Nick sighs and approaches where Genesis and the rest of his friends are at as a hip hop music blast out. Suzy smiles and runs to A.J. Her flaming red hair was tied up in an elegant bun as she pulls him to the dance floor. “Just in time A.J.!”

A.J. laughs and nods his head at Nick’s direction, smiling as he follows Suzy to the dance floor.

Genesis eyes Nick and gently pokes him in the ribs as she stands besides him. “So…quality time with A.J.”

Nick smirks, “Yeah. To put it in better words, it was oddly disturbing and funny all at the same time.”

Genesis smirks and nods her head watching A.J. and Suzy dance. Howie and Angela laughs and joins A.J. and Suzy on the dance floor as Nadia and Joey come back to where Genesis is at.

“Hey girl! Go and dance! Hehe, show it off!” Nadia giggles as Joey waves at Nick.

“I gotta say I could never get those moves you did out there. Nadia claims I have two left feet, but dancing is well something I’m not too good at.” Joey smirks as the girls giggle and talk.

“Well I learned man, so you know there’s hope for ya.” Nick chuckles as Joey laughs along with him. And they watch their friends dancing and talking as Nick’s problem dwelled in his mind.
~**~

**~To Be Continued…~**