- Text Size +
“One Last Dance”

**~Incomplete~**

Howie sets the last plate of fruits on the counter as Angela helps out placing some enticing warm dishes on the white lace table cloth. Smiling, he wraps his arms around Angela’s waist, pulling her to him as he sighs sadly.

Frowning, Angela runs her fingers down his tan cheek gently, “What? What is it?”

Howie pulls her into an embrace and strokes his fingers through her tussled golden locks. “I didn’t think about how close I am to heading back home to Florida.”

Angela smiles sadly, nodding her head as her sapphire emerald orbs locked on him, “Oh honey…God…what am I gonna do with out you? I’ll…I’ll miss you so much.”

Howie runs his hands down her back and holds her close to him as he pelts her with gentle kisses on her neck and cheek. “Then come with me.”

Angela smiles and giggles, “Just like that? Go with you?”

“Yeah sure, it’ll be fun.” Howie smirks, pulling away from her to gaze at her gentle face.

Angela nods, “I’ll think about it. Sounds like a nice plan. And I always wanted to see Florida anyways.”

“Well the offer still stands my lady.” Howie smiles, wrapping his arms around her waist as they sway to the gentle ballad coming from the small stereo that Kevin set up in the backyard.

Brian smiles: sitting back in his lawn chair, gazing at the happy pair when he feels Kevin slides into a chair besides him. “Sweet ain’t it?”

Kevin smirks and nods, “Sure is.”

“Speaking of that, what’s up with you and miss Kristin?”

Kevin smiles and leans into the ice box besides him, pulling a liter of soda and scooping a few ice cubes into a plastic cup. “She’s doing good. Brian, I think she could be the one. I don’t think I ever met anyone like her except Genesis. She’s amazing, Brian I know it’s only been almost two weeks since I know her and stuff, but I see something in her and she makes me feel good again.”

Brian gives his cousin a warm grin, patting him on the shoulder, “That’s great man. Go for it. But did you tell her we’ll be heading out shortly, back home to Kentucky and later to Florida?”

Kevin leans back in the lawn chair, nibbling on his lower lip nodding his head. “Yeah.”

“And?”

“And what?” Kevin slowly gazes over at Howie and Angela before focusing on Brian.

“What did she say Kev?”

Kevin slumps in the seat as a warm grin spreads his cheeks, “She’s coming with me.”

Brian breaks into a laugh, “Oh my God! Dude that’s great! I mean she’s just gonna head out with you and everything?”

Kevin smiles and gives Brian a silly thumbs sign as he chuckles, “Sure is. I mean I never thought or believed in love at first sight, but she proved me wrong.”

Brian smiles broadly, settling back in his lawn chair with a plastered grin on his face, “That’s sweet man. Love huh? So you telling me you fell in love with her?” He turns to gaze at Kevin who was settling back in the lawn chair with his eyes closed.

Grinning, Kevin nods gently, “Yeah you heard right. I said love. Hope that doesn’t surprise you. I may be a little older than you guys but I do also fall in love.”

Brian snickers, “Dude, try a lot older than us.”

Kevin laughs and tosses an ice cube at Brian who shrieks as the frozen item touches his heated skin and tosses the cube at A.J. was walking pass them on the porch.

A.J. cringes at the cold item that slides down his bare back as Suzy breaks into a fit of giggles and pulls him to her.

“Ahhh there, there Snookie, I caught the evil cube for ya.” Suzy teases, tying her tussled red locks up in a messy bun.

Brian and Kevin break into a laugh and in unison respond back, “Yeah Snookie!”

“Shut up ya!” A.J. laughs flipping his friends off as he and Suzy walk barefooted to the pool installed, gently pushing Suzy into the inviting water. Suzy splashes and watches as A.J. follows in after her as they cuddle and gently laugh.

“Well love is definitely in the air I can see that. Man I can’t wait to get back home and see my wife.” Brian smiles, breathing in the warm afternoon summer air.

Kevin nods in agreement as a few of his friends he invited greet him and pass drinks around, some getting in the pool, others dancing while some sit and talk, eating some of the home made food others brought to the small festivity.

“Wife. Yeah. I’ll be there one day too Brian.” Kevin smiles: leaning back in his seat, the gentle breeze refreshing and welcoming them both.

“Wife, hehe. That’ll be interesting to see.” Brian jokes as Kevin laughs.

“Shut up man.” Kevin smirks, closing his eyes.

“So is she coming here to the party?” Brian gets up from the seat and searches through the ice box, pulling out a cold soda can.

Kevin nods, “Yeah, she’ll be here shortly, she gets out of work in about fifteen minutes so she’ll show up here soon.” Keeping his eyes closed as he exhales slowly.

Brian yawns and hears a small whining coming from around the front of the house. Curious, he excuses himself and runs to the front of the house to see Farah holding an infant in her arms as she exits her parked vehicle. “Uh oh…” He runs back to Kevin, tapping him on the shoulder. “Ummm Kev I didn’t think you’d invite Farah to the party.”

Kevin opens his eyes and stares at Brian in confusion, “Huh? What? I didn’t. I don’t even have her number, besides the issue with her and Nick, why would I want to invite her here seeing as they two got some things to sort out.”

“Yeah well, I guess she got the directions to here from someone ‘cause she’s standing in the front porch as we speak.”

Kevin bolts up in his seat and runs inside, opening the front door to see the golden haired beauty holding a small wrapped infant in her arms. Taken a back, he waves and lets her in, confusion lurking his face. “Uhh hey sweetie, did Nick tell ya to come here?”

Farah nods her head, smiling, “Yeah, why? Is that a problem?”

“Oh no no, its just he never told us you’d be here.”

“Ohhhh. Well that’s Nick for ya, he probably forgot I was coming here. I hope I’m not late.” She smiles gently as Brian slowly takes the infant from her arms and cradles the baby gently. “Hehe, you’re good with kids Brian.”

“I better. My wife will kill me if I couldn’t hold my son right.” Brian smirks and leads her further into the cabin.

Kevin closes the door and takes her small tote bag full of baby items, “Well it’s great to see you though. Nick isn’t here at the moment, he has rehearsals but he’ll be back here in about an hour or less.”

Farah’s lips twitches at the mention of the word rehearsal and forces a smile on her face. “Oh right, guess he didn’t mention that when he invited me over. But that’s ok. I’m glad to see you guys.”

“Yeah, oh Howie and A.J. are out in the back, they’ll be surprise to see ya.” Brian smiles: opening the back door and walks into the back porch with the baby in his arms.

Nadia and Joey pass by Brian and stop gazing at him and the child, “That’s not your child is it?” Joey quickly responds as Nadia giggles and shakes her head.

Brian laughs, “Na Joey, my son is back home. This is Farah’s child.”

“Farah?” Nadia raises her eyebrows.

“Uh yeah, one of Kevin and Nick’s old friends from back home. Seems she visiting Boston as we are.” Brian settles back into a lawn chair, kicking his legs up as the infant giggles, its little hands patting Brian’s chest, tugging on his blue wife beater.

“Awww, that’s so cute. Looks like he likes ya.” Nadia giggles as Joey excuses himself to head to the bathroom. Once Joey is out of sight, Nadia quickly rushes over to Brian and slides into a chair besides him. “Alright spill. Who is Farah really?”

Brian smirks and shakes his head, “I’m out of this. She’s a friend. You’ll need to get info from Kevin, this doesn’t include me.”

Nadia smirks, her black curls tied tightly into a high ponytail as her dark eyes gaze at Brian, “Hmmmm, what do you know Brian that I have to find out?”

“Forget I mentioned anything ok?” Brian glances over at her quickly as he sits up, cradling Andy in his arms.

“Somehow I bet when I get word, I won’t like it will I?” Nadia runs her tan caramel hands down her blue loose fitting halter top.

“Shhhh…Nadia, I’m not talking another word about it.” He glances over at her seriously.

Nadia rolls her eyes and sighs, “Fine. I get the drift.” She sits up as Joey comes back with a drink and leads her to the pool as they wave at Brian.
~*~

Kevin sighs, running his hands down his face as he shakes his head, “Farah what are you doing?”

“Doing about what?” She whispers, looking through her baby bag, pulling out a small bottle fill of milk and tapping it on her hand to check the milk temperature.

Kevin touches her shoulder and shakes his head, “Nick told us about what’s going on.”

Farah freezes at his response and guiltily glances down at the bottle in her hand. “Kevin come on, what the doctors told me back home then was a lie. I’m not sterile, never was.”

“That’s bull and you know it!” Kevin gazes at the young woman he practically helped raised back home.

“What do you know about me? You weren’t there when I found out the doctors told that lie so I wouldn’t be caught dead sleeping around. I found out my mother made an agreement so the doctors will tell me that. She didn’t want her only daughter to be known as the whore around the town back in Florida.” Farah musters up to defend herself, not backing down from Kevin’s comment.

Kevin straighten up, smirking, “That’s against the rights of a patient. Why would anyone go for something like that? Farah stop making stuff up. You got Nick losing his mind ‘cause you told him that’s his baby. Is it really his?!” He steps up to her as she gulps and grips the tote bag tightly in her hands.

She gazes at him and sighs, dropping on the sofa seat behind her, shaking her head. “I broke up with Nick ‘cause I was cheating on him. That’s why I did it. I didn’t want to hurt him anymore than I could, so I told him it would be better to end it before something happens.”

Kevin breaths out in surprise, shaking his head in disappointment, “I can’t believe you could do that! You slept around with another man and used that to leave Nick?!”

“I didn’t know what came over me! I just didn’t think I deserved someone that good to me. I needed a reason to get Nick away from me before he found out.” Farah sniffs, wiping her hands over her tearing eyes.

Kevin stands in the den in shock, sighing. “Why would you think that you didn’t deserve Nick and the fact that you could sleep around with another man, that’s horrible! I introduced you two because I trusted you needed a good guy in your life and instead you throw it all away for a one night stand with another man who gave you Andy!”

Farah gulps as the cool tears stream down her tears, “I’m so sorry. I don’t know what to say about what happened. It’s the past, just let it go. I don’t want Nick to ever know the real reason.”

Kevin gazes at her seriously, “He has the right to know!”

“Please Kevin no! I can’t face him. I love him!”

Kevin was about to response when her last remark caught him off guard. “Love him? Did I hear right?”

Farah nods, her light blue eyes glimmer in tears as she sniffs and wipes away some of the tears that stained her pale cheeks. “Yes. Oh God, Kevin, I love that man with all my heart and soul. I would do anything to be with him again. And even if I had to drag myself over here to see him and tell him that, then that’s what I’ll do and I plan on doing.”

“No…No, see you messed up big time Farah. I can’t have you hurt my buddy like that again. I’m looking out for him and the last I need is you getting in the way of him finally finding his true love.”

Farah enraged, stands and frails her arms, “What? That dancing lady he’s with? Do you honestly think he’ll go for a stranger when I hold the key to his heart? Kevin the other day he visited me and you know what happened?”

Kevin narrows his eyes, looking at the deceiving woman before him, “Gee, I’m sure you’ll tell me anyway.” Rolling his eyes as he glares at the woman.

She sighs and shakes her head, “We kissed.”

Kevin smirks, “You guys kissed?”

She nods, “Yeah and you know what? He loved it. I can tell with the way he was responding, It was like old times and he didn’t pull away for a while. We were both so lost in it and I knew, I just knew it told us both something. That we belong together. I know so many little things about Nick that he would be amazed. I know that if I touch him on the back of his neck it’ll relax him, that if you rub his head on the right side, it’ll make him sleepy that…”

Kevin stops her, holding his hand up, “Alright, so you know that about him. That doesn’t mean you can change his heart on how to feel about you.”

Farah sighs and feeling defeated for the moment walks to the back door, opening it and staring at Kevin, “Maybe or maybe he’ll surprise all of us.” And she steps out in the back porch leaving Kevin to wonder.
~*~

Genesis gazes at Nick and glances down at her watch, “Sooo…I was thinking of talking afterwards, we gotta a lot of stuff to go over in the dance, the talk can always wait.”

Nick narrows his eyes and eyes her, “Well obviously this talk is something important now isn’t it?”

Smiling, Genesis goes to the stereo and looks for a song to dance too. The single “Fever” begins playing as she turns to him and heads over. “Shhh, forget about that for now. Let’s dance shall we?”

Nick smiles and nods, taking her hand and gently twirls her around, pulling her to him. They both grin and laugh gently as they shake their shoulders and go down on their knees. Genesis leaps as Nick cupping his hands, lifts Genesis up so she was standing directly on one leg. Nick smirks and places her back on the ground as he pulls her to him, the lyrics pulsating around them:

-‘Never know how much I love you
Never know how much I care
When you put your arms around me
I get a fever that's so hard to bear
You give me fever (you give me fever) when you kiss me
Fever when you hold me tight (you give me fever)
Fever ... in the mornin'
Fever all through the night.’

Genesis sings along to it as she wraps her arms around his neck, giggling as she twirls around him playfully. He watches and chuckles, grabbing her waist and running his hand down her leg seductively. The music taunts them, surging them to enrapture and calling out the passion between the two. Yet Genesis in denial continues to dance and smiles as Nick’s hand roams her body slowly making her pant and shiver from his touches. Genesis wraps her arms around his neck letting her hands slide down his back and play with the buckle of his belt.

Nick smirks and slides his hands down the pockets of her black shorts as his fingertips brush pass her belly button. She shivers from the touch and smirks, pulling away from him as the last line to the song rings out in the air. She sings it loudly, “Fever all through the night, you give me fever.” And she stands smiling, almost beckoning him to come besides her.

Nick breaths out heavily, realizing he was practically panting from the heated dance. Genesis smiles as their rehearsed dance song comes on, Donna Summer’s “Last Dance.”

“Was it good for you as it was for me?” She teases as she stands before him, tilting her head.

Nick rolls his eyes and smiles, pulling her to him as they practiced their rehearsed routine from back at the club. After an hour of dancing, Nick glances at his watch and curses, “Ahh damn, I’m gonna late to the BBQ, hey Gen you’re welcome to come.”

Genesis smiles as he holds her the dipping position, her head and back lying back on his arms as she smirks, “BBQ…sounds yummy. I’ll guess I’ll go since I know Dee and Joey are there as well.”

Nick nods, “Aight. Oh hey didn’t you wanted to talk to me about something?”

She smiles and nods, standing next to him as she grabs her gym bag, pulling out a small towel to wipe the faint sweat that covered her face and stomach. Nick watches as she slowly wipes the towel across her stomach. His eyes fixated at her toned abdomen as he licks his lips.

Smirking, Genesis lifts her tank top up to reveal more of her stomach, “Well you like what you see huh?”

Nick smiles, feeling his cheeks burn to a red in his embarrassment. “Maybe.”

Giggling, she takes off her shirt and tosses it him, the tank top landing on his head, covering his eyes. He peeks and lifts the shirt off his eyes, smiling as she puts on a halter top, watching her slowly pull the shirt down pass her red lace bra and covering her stomach. Tying her hair up quickly into a messy yet exotic bun, she sprays on some perfume she pulled out her bag. Nick grabs the tossed shirt that landed on him and throws it back at her as she tucks it away in her bag and pulls out a bottle of water. “Alright, then, guess we should over there now.”

Nick nods and grabs her hand staring at her, “I just want to know what’s up with us?”

Genesis smiles softly and gently brushes her hand down his cheek. “I was thinking about it the other night when you told me. I guess I got scared.”

“Scared of what?” He whispers into her ear as he embraces the petite woman. She smiles warmly as his arms wrapped around her back making her feel so secure and safe.

“Scared that what will happen if I start something I can’t finish.” She responds back, tracing her finger over his lips.

“What do you mean?” Nick asks confused, eager to want to know more.

Smirking, she shakes her head, “Forget it. Nick hey can you start the car up for me? I have to get some cd’s from next door in the other studio.”

Nick nods and takes the keys, pulling away from her as he exits the room leaving her alone in her own trepidation.

She watches him and sighs, tears flooding her eyes once she was sure he left the room. Whispering to herself, she knew the answer to why she stalling with not being with Nick. “I’m falling in love with you and I know I’ll lose you. Then I’ll really know what its like to be incomplete without you.” And she swallows hard, wiping away the tears quickly, rushing to another door that leads to the next studio to gather the cd’s before joining Nick.
~*~

Nick leans back in the car seat, gazing out the window of Genesis’s car, wondering what could be taking her so long. Sighing, he runs through the images that occurred between the two of them back in the studio. He knew it was more than just physical the way they responded to each other. There was something there, if A.J. was there he would have blurted out sexual tension, but that was just one of the issues, there was something more, something Nick couldn’t yet figure out. He wanted to be with her, to hold her, to make her happy. The dancing is slowly making him a new person, it was making him think things he only longed to imagine of and find out. He felt stronger, Genesis was making him a new and he loved that. He always assumed he would be the same person and that no one could ever make him change the way he is: but Genesis did. She did that with no problem and ease as he willfully desired to have her with him.

He had decided long ago where he was with Genesis. He knew from the beginning, he wanted her and now more than ever he needed her. Just like the song that was played, Genesis was giving him a fever he was afraid will override and take over. He exhales, running a hand through his black dye hair as Genesis exits the studio and quickly rushes over to the car, opening the driver’s side. She boards the car and smiles, starting the ignition of the car as she buckles.

Nick no longing thinking but letting his actions speak for him, unclasps her seat beat and pulls her to him, their lips finally meeting. She jumps at surprise at this and melts into his kiss, placing her hand on his cheek as she sighs deeply. This is what she needed. Someone to be there and comfort her as she slowly drowns in his kisses, giggling as his hands roam down her back, lifting her shirt and taking it off her, tossing it to the backseat.

“Nick, wait.” She pants out, cupping his chin. “You don’t wanna do this right here do you?”

“Well you have a better idea?”

“My room.” She smirks as he laughs.

“Screw the room, there’s room in the backseat.”

“God, you’re kinky.”

“Gen, you have no idea.” Nick smirks, slipping to the back and pulling her with him.

She laughs and shakes her head, “I don’t know. Maybe we shouldn’t.”

“Maybe we should.” Nick jokes around, tracing his fingers over her red bra strap as he kisses her, gently pushing her to lie on her back on the seat.

She blushes and clears her throat, pulling away from Nick, gasping for air. “Wait. Maybe, maybe this isn’t the right time.”

Nick groans out frustrated and pulls away from her. “Well you sure know how to ruin the moment.”

Genesis sucks her teeth and sits up, reaching for her shirt. “Well I’m sorry to disappoint you.”

Nick sighs and leans back in the seat, facing her direction, “You keep pushing me away. Don’t you want to be with me?”

Genesis shivers and looks around the car, she didn’t know how to respond. “Yes.” She finally whispers out faintly.

Nick inhales deeply and smiles, “Really?”

She nods as he laughs, pulling her to him as he sealed their talk with a passionate kiss.

Genesis moans out softly, the kiss searing her emotions as she pulls away biting her lip. Nick pants softly and runs his hands through her matted hair, kissing her forehead and then her neck. His hands like an artist on a new canvas, brush pass her hips and up to her breasts making her sigh out in pleasure.

Genesis closes her eyes as she smiles, enjoying Nick who gazes over her body like a sculptor who wants to redefine and hold his statue as a work of art. He wanted to become one with her but something in the pit of his stomach went against him. He kisses her neck and slowly eases his way down to her chest, his lips hovering over her panting chest. Smiling, he pulls away from her and gulps, hating himself at the moment. But he wanted to respect her and not force anything on her if she wasn’t willing. And something in the back of his mind told him she was only letting him to do this is please him, but he didn’t want. He only wanted to please her, screw what he felt, it wasn’t about him.

Genesis eyes him and smiles, gently panting, gathering her breath. “What happened?”

“I think you’re right. This isn’t the right place to do it. Besides I want to make love to you, not sex.”

Genesis gasps happily surprised and sits besides him as he wraps his arms around her shoulders, letting her cuddle next to him.

“So what now? Should we head to the party or my house?”

Nick smirks, gazes down at her, kissing the top of her head, “Whatever you want to do.”

“Well, your friends are waiting for you. It would suck if you didn’t show up.”

Nick nods, “You’re right. Guess that means we’ll head to Kevin’s place then.”

Genesis nods and pulls down her shirt, smiling at him. “Thank you.”

“You’re welcome. But why the thanks?” Nick crawls back to the passenger seat as Genesis accommodates herself on the driver’s seat, buckling her seat belt as Nick does the same.

She turns to him and quickly kisses him on the lips, “For not wanting to have sex with me. That’s respect that I never got from any man. And I thank you for not doing it.”

Nick smiles and gracefully nods his head, “Aight. Though I don’t understand why any man would use you, you’re too beautiful and precious for that. But hey no prob girl.”

Genesis smiles and pulls away from the parking lot, giggling as her heart surged in some many different directions.
~**~

**~To Be Continued…~**