- Text Size +
“One Last Dance”

**~Trekking Pace~**

Nadia giggles, holding the door as Brian and Kevin come wondering, each bringing a small dish to add to the feast out for them all. The small banquet was lavished in silk red cloth across the patio table which for a purpose was brought in into the den for them all. Kevin smiles, hugging Nadia as she giggles, holding the door for the men to enter. She watches gleefully as Genesis steps into the den with her arms open wide for the welcoming men.

Howie laughs, entering the house passing Nadia and thanking her graciously for the dinner.

“No problem, I figured it’s a nice thing to do since in a few days you guys are gonna head back home. I wanted to do something that you will remember us on good terms.” Nadia winks at A.J. who grins leans on the threshold of the entrance door.

Kevin, Howie and Brian bring in the drinks and plates as Genesis smiles and looks around for Nick. Curiously glancing around, she eyes Nadia for any sign of Nick.

Nadia shrugs, prodding A.J. on side of his ribs: “Hey scruffy, where’s blondie at?”

Smirking, A.J. points outside, “Uhhh, he’s having a little trouble getting over here.”

Raising her eyebrows, she gently pushes A.J. away from the entrance peering out to see Nick slowly ease his way up the front wooden steps holding onto a metal cane. “Please tell me Nick is doing his best pimp impression and nothing happened to his leg.”

A.J. intakes a gulp of air, turning his head away from her, “Uhhhhhh…ok.”

“He’s hurt isn’t he?” Nadia questioned the man.

A.J. crinkles his nose, slowly shaking his head before nodding: “Errrrr…uh…well hurt is such a strong word for what happened to him.”

Nadia rolls her eyes, stepping out into the porch as A.J. watches on. “A.J. why don’t you keep Gen distracted for a minute. I’ll be right in so we can all eat, I just wanna talk with Nicky boy k?”

A.J. smirks, “Sure, aight. Whatever, see ya in a few.” And he closes the door behind him, shuffling everyone towards the set up table.

Nadia leans against the front door, a smirk sprawled on her deep rich tan cheeks: “Umm…umm…oh, look what you gone done boy. Blondie, you better hope you’re lying to me with that cane.” She smiles, plopping down on the porch swing, swinging gently on it as Nick manages his way over to her. He slowly sits up on the wooden swing, gulping and staring off into the dark blanketed purple sky.

“So…you gonna talk about it? Or should I just take a wild guess?” Nadia peers over to him, tucking a stray black curl brushed out of place from the wind behind her ear.

Nick gulps, guiltily gazing at the planks below him: “To be honest with you. I kinda messed up on my part.”

Nadia quietly listens, cocking her head to side as Nick continues: “See I mean I went to the doctor and all that stuff, said I got a sprained ankle which is healing nicely, but I’ll need to stay off it for a few days.”

“Well you’re not a doing a good job of it now are you? Cause you’re here, sitting next to me talking about this when you should be at home caring for the swollen ankle.”

“I, I know that. I just wanted to see you girls and tell you that’s all. I don’t know what’s gonna happen to be real with you. I had Kevin do all that legal stuff but the more I think about it, the more I feel he might really have to take my place for the performance.” Nick cringes at the sound of the sentence he manages to force out of his throat. He didn’t like the idea anymore than Kevin did, but he made a promise to Genesis and he wasn’t going to go back on his word for anything.

“So that’s it then huh?” Nadia speaks up, leaning back on the porch swing, gently swaying it back and forth.

Nick sighs, nodding his head: “I’m really sorry about all this. I didn’t think it would happen.”

“Yeah well, it happens to the best of us. Speaking of which, how did you sprain it? Did you dance too much on it, put a lot of pressure on it, what?”

Blushing, Nick licks his lips, smirking: “Yeah well, I sort of fall on it while I was running.”

“Running did that to you? You can’t run right or something? Since when do you have two left feet Nick? You’re a dancer in training.” Nadia watches him, giggling and grabbing his left foot, pushing up the jeans to see the ankle, tugging on the white sock that hid the wrapped ankle.

Nick winces in pain as Nadia quickly mumbles out a ‘sorry’ before gently placing the foot back down.

“I don’t know what happened. One minute I was running and the next I feel myself fall. I think I tripped over something on the ground.”

“Weren’t you watching where you were going?” Nadia raises her eyebrows peering into the window to see the others already with the plates and passing around of the dishes already. “Man, they can’t even wait for us.”

Nick laughs, “Hey when you guys around food, its like another world. We can’t wait that long or hold out for too long.”

Nadia giggles and nods: “I guess.” She sighs, taking a deep breath, her expression quickly turning serious: “What do you think her expression will be when you tell her?”

Nick shakes his head: “Disappointment.”

“And why do you think that?”

“Why do I feel like I’m being questioned?”

“Cause you are blondie.” She smiles, leaning back in the swing.

“I messed up. She’s gonna hate me, I just know it.” Nick breaths out, watching the front door open up. Nick nervously looks up hoping it wasn’t Genesis and to his relief it was Howie calling them inside to join them.

“In a minute, we’re almost done Howie.” Nadia calls out as he nods and slips back inside the house, the door locking softly behind him.

“She won’t hate you…too much.” Nadia teases, standing up. “But she will be disappointed. Nick she told me about you guys finally hooking up. I’m so happy about it and shocked all at the same time cause I know you guys will head out afterwards back home. I don’t know how she’ll do on long distance relationships, but maybe you guys can work it out somehow. I would hate to see you guys separate over miles of not seeing each other. But I know whatever happens…you’ll make it work for you. Cause I can see you really care for her. And that’s something I haven’t seen in a while from any guy towards her. So I’m grateful you’re here and you’re in her life.”

Nick smiles, nodding his head: “Thanks. And I’m sure Gen will be ok about all this.”

“I’m sure she will.” Nadia smiles, taking his hand and leading him into the house.
~*~

“YOU WHAT?! I can’t believe this!” Genesis shakes her head in disbelief, hoping that she was just imagining it all. Dinner was already done and the rest of the men were outside waiting for Nick to catch up to them.

Nick gazes down on the shiny mahogany planks below him, hearing the creak and groan of Genesis’s pacing before him. The look on her face said it all the moment he first entered the house with the cane. Her face had completely dropped in shocked as the dinner progressed, it felt something more like a delaying funeral in procession. The entire time he was eating the wonderful cooked food, he could feel Genesis’s prying eyes cut into him constantly, the look of utter shock and coldness piercing his flesh with each glance. He knew he let her down and he couldn’t feel anymore worse than that.

He looks up, barely hearing Genesis’s ranting about how irresponsible and thoughtless he acted when jogging. The mere sound of Genesis’s hurting voice: shreds him a bit more than he allowed or intended to. Gulping down the guilt as well as he could, he looks up finally to see Genesis standing before him: a frown crossing over her pretty pouty lips.

“I’ll be fine by Saturday, you’ll see.” Nick offers some hope, hearing her snort.

“Nick, you hurt your ankle, unless you stay off it, it won’t get better. And even if you do stay off it what makes you think you’ll be able to dance. We have complicated steps and I can’t have you limping around, trying those moves, it’ll just cause your ankle to hurt more.” Genesis sighs, plopping down on the sofa, shaking her head in disappointment.

“What do you want me to say?”

“Nothing…cause it won’t matter. You’re hurt, I can’t do the competition and I won’t win the prize. It’s just as easy as that.” Genesis whispers, wrapping her arms around herself, her eyes averting to the shiny mahogany planks below them.

“You’ll do the competition and win. I didn’t offer to be your partner if I wasn’t gonna pull all the way through. I’m dancing and we’re gonna win.” Nick musters up his strength, pulling himself to his feet with the help of his cane.

Genesis smiles: “You should just stay the night. I can take care of you better here if you stay with me.”

Nick smirks, limping his way over to her, sliding next to her on the sofa. “You know, that doesn’t sound like such a bad idea now that I think about it.”

Genesis giggles, stroking his hair with her fingers. “How did I get to be so lucky huh?”

Nick smiles, kissing her neck and forehead: “Don’t know. You’re the angel to my luck I guess.”

“Cute.” She gently laughs, settling back in the sofa quietly. “I think its time we talk about what’s gonna happen when you leave…”

Nick winces at the idea, knowing after all the days of fighting to bring up the sore subject, they would have to eventually have to deal with it. “What about it?”

“What’s gonna happen with us?” Genesis squeaks out, afraid of knowing yet craving for an answer to console her heart.

“What do you want to happen with us?” Nick whispers out, cupping her face as his hands rested on either side of her cheeks.

“I want us to be together.” She chokes out, gulping slowly.

“So do I, so what’s the problem?” Nick eyes her curiously, wondering how he was going to resolve that issue when it was time to catch his flight the morning after their competition.

“You know the problem Nick. You’ll be back in Florida while if things work out for me, I’ll be in New York. Long distance relationships are hard to maintain. And Nick as much as I like being around you and stuff, how can I know we won’t get tired of not seeing each other?” She clasps a hand around his arm as he looks down, breathing softly on her cheek.

“Distance isn’t the issue. You can make it work if you want it to.” Nick eyes her, gazing at her intensely.

She sniffs, feeling a tear break free from the corner of her eye, dropping on Nick’s hand. “I’m gonna miss you so much. It’s unfair. Why do we have to live so far away from each other?” She chokes out.

Nick kisses the tear drop on her cheek, caressing her face: “Don’t cry. We’ll be fine. This is just another obstacle we gotta deal with. And who knows, maybe I’ll find a place up in New York, or you could find a place in Florida and start the dancing company down there.”

Genesis feels a small grin break across her lips, loving the idea of how Nick would solve the issue to make it work between them. “You’re right…it’s…”

She gets cut off as Nick sits up and smiles, staring at her: “What?”

“Can you repeat that for me just one more time?” Nick grins, his light eyes glittering in glee.

“About which part?”

‘The part where you say I’m right.” Nick chuckles sending Genesis into a giggle.

“Why?”

“Cause that doesn’t normally happen to me. I mean, me being right is like saying it’s the end of the world.” He teases, gazing at her gently.

Genesis begins laughing hard, her chest heaving for breaths as Nick joins in, just glad to be together.

“So you’re not mad at me then right?” Nick raises his eyebrows.

“I’m still mad at you boy.” She smirks, brushing her fingers through a lock of her hair over her shoulders. “But you’re let off now.”

“Whew.” Nick smiles, passing a hand across his forehead as she giggles.

“Oh come here you.” She giggles, pulling on his shirt to lower him down. They begin kissing passionately as his hands trail down over her shirt. She smiles, watching him trail his hands down the hem of her jeans as she looks over to the window in the den. “We have an audience.”

Nick turns towards the window and laughs: waving at the guys peering and laughing. “Bunch of punks.”

“We could always take it to the room where we won’t get interrupted.” Genesis giggles out as Nick grins.

“Hehe, then what are we waiting for?” Nick wraps his arms around her waist, kissing her as he picks her up and struggles to stands up.

Laughing, Genesis slides out of his arms and leads him to her room as he limps and waves bye to the guys staring from the window.

Brian snorts, rolling his eyes as A.J. breaks into a laugh.

“Whoa…Nicky is gonna get some tonight.” A.J. grins, getting a few groans from the others. “Oh what? Like ya didn’t know what was gonna happen?”

“Yeah, we just didn’t need for you make it loud and clear that all.” Howie grins, tugging on A.J.’s arm.

“We should head out. I don’t Nick is coming home with us tonight.” Kevin smiles, gazing at Nadia.

“Well…hehe. Guess I can always use the sofa bed then. Lucky I have that too cause I wouldn’t want to be in the room with them.” Nadia crinkles her nose, getting a few laughs from the guys.

“Alright. Well girl, we’ll see ya later then. Make sure Nick is sane when you bring him back to us k?” Brian smiles, waving a quick bye and giving her an embrace.

“Wait, you’re saying he isn’t sane as we speak?” Nadia giggles out.

“Ahh, the lady got it.” A.J. smiles, hugging Nadia as Howie laughs, quickly hugging Nadia as he departs.

Kevin smirks, gazing at the window: “Nadia…I wanna see them stay together. When we leave Sunday morning, I’m hoping those two can figure out what to do to be together, cause they need each other. He’s so different, I don’t think I ever saw him so drawn to a girl except with her. He’s so happy, she’s like a fresh breath of air to him that he needed. And I’m glad they’re together.”

Nadia smiles, nodding her head: “I hear ya. Same here. Nick’s so different, the right different Gen needs in her life. And I’m sure they’ll work something out.”

“Yeah I’m sure of it.” Kevin smirks, hearing the other guys shout out to him, rushing him.

“Dude, let’s go. I have a date with a toilet and it might get ugly.” A.J. shouts out, getting a few groans and laughter from the others.

Nadia crinkles her nose, giggling: “Well you heard the guy, he has a date with destiny, go take him before he poops all over the place.”

“Hey I heard that! I’m not a dog! I can hold it in…I think.” A.J. calls out from the SUV window, getting a laugh from the others.

Kevin chuckles, waving goodbye to Nadia and quickly boarding the driver’s side of the vehicle, closing the door behind him as he pulls away and drives down the road, honking the horn as he leaves to Nadia.

She smirks, gazing into the window: “Guess they could use the alone time.” Pulling out her mobile phone, she plops down on the porch swing, dialing her boyfriend’s number to see what he was up to.
~*~

She watches his hands mark her body cleverly, tracing down her thighs as she pants out, gripping his back as she closes her eyes, loving every moment she was with him. Somehow their passion had raised so much that it wasn’t just mere lust that drove them to bed and into each other’s arms that night: it was the feeling of needing each other. Of being able to drink in each other in through the passion that was developing strongly between them. The more he touched her, the more she wanted of him. It was unlike anything she ever experienced before unlike with her past sexual experiences that left a rather unfulfilled vacant feeling at the end, making her wonder was it really worth giving her body to some man.

But with Nick, this was something she willfully offered because in turn he needed her as much as she needed him. Maybe Nadia was right on this, maybe she really was falling for this man more than she could let on. But she had never experienced love, a real surpassing love that last through all ages: but she wanted that. She wanted that with Nick and she could only hope he in turn felt the same way.

She watches Nick on top of her, kissing her and smiling as she breaks into a soft laugh. She loved looking at him, touching him, hearing him talk. Just every little thing about him set her heart in motion. Genesis sighs happily, watching him settle besides her, holding her as he wraps his arms around her waist, pulling her to him. She smiles, placing her head on his bare chest as he begins humming a soft melody in her ear.

Genesis gazes up at him, tracing her fingers over his lips: “Nick?”

“Hmm?” He smiles, looking at her.

“Can I keep you?” She grins, watching him tilt her head so he can kiss her.

“Always.” He gently kisses her, his hands running down her bare back as she giggles and backs inches away from his lips.

“Good.” And she laid her head on his chest, closing her eyes as she feels his arms wrap around her tightly, securing her to him.
~*~

He drums his fingers impatiently on the kitchen table, watching Howie make a mixed alcoholic drink.

“What?” Howie turns, eyeing A.J. “You want some?”

A.J. sniffs the drink, making a disgusted face: “Eghhhh, how about you drink it for the both of us alright?”

“Fine. Whatever, you’re missing out. I think this is a cool drink I made.”

“Keep telling yourself that, you might believe it too.” A.J. leans back in the chair, dodging a playful punch from Howie. “So what’s your plans for today man?”

“Seeing Angela.”

A.J. snickers, “Oh yeah. For some loving?”

“Why it always gotta be about that?”

“Cause you need it.” A.J. smirks, hearing Brian chuckling as he enters the kitchen.

Howie raises his eyebrows at him and smirks: “Nick didn’t come home did he?”

“What do you think?” Brian chuckles, hearing A.J. snort.

“I’ll take that as no then.” Howie laughs softly, watching Kevin yawn and shuffle around the den lazily.

“Nick got some major booty last night. You know that right? Man speaking of getting some, I gotta call Suzy and see where she’s at.” A.J. gets up laughing, exiting the kitchen.

Brian shakes his head, quieting himself after the laugh: “He needs to lie off the porn, its starting to effect him.”

Howie laughs, settling down in a chair across from Brian as Kevin strolls in.

“Ahhh, lookie, morning Kev.” Brian yawns out.

Kevin waves and settles into a chair, looking aggravated.

“Ok, well not a good morning for ya huh?” Howie sips his coffee mug slowly, watching Kevin sniff and run a hand through his raven spikes.

“Nope not all. I just got done talking with Nadia to pass the message along. Seems I got a voicemail pertaining to the competition tomorrow.” Kevin drums his fingers on the table top.

“Well what’s wrong with it?” A.J. voices out: leaning on the kitchen threshold right in time to hear the conversation.

“It’s a practice rehearsal in front of the people in charge picking the competition. Nick has to dance today and we all know he can’t with that ankle of his. So that’s the issue.” Kevin murmurs out, glancing around to see the others still in motion.

“Well…” A.J. breaks the tension, “You told Nadia and what did she say?”

Kevin shrugs his shoulders: “She’s not sure what to do in the situation, Nick is still limping. There’s no way he can dance yet. He needs to save his strength for the competition tomorrow.”

“Man, it just seems when things are going well, something stupid has to come up suddenly. Maybe it’s a sign, maybe Nicky boy wasn’t meant to be dancing or something.” A.J. states disappointedly.

“Don’t say that, I bet they can pull it off anyway, even with Nick limping. I mean have you seen him dancing now? He’s like a complete pro now, he got moves he might not even have to move his feet.” Brian states proudly.

A.J. smiles: “Hehe, yeah. So who knows.”

“Well enough of this disappointing news guys. I say we have a party and try out my drink I made.” Howie grins, showing them the drink he poured in a champagne bottle.

A.J. smirks: “No comment man.”

The others laugh as the drinks were poured out and passes out to each of them.
~**~

**~To Be Continued…~**