- Text Size +
“One Last Dance”

**~Stranger In My Life ~**

A soft basking sun light splashes down on his leg as he sits up in bed grunting, gazing around his shared room. Lying across his bed he could see a small bundle rolled under the covers causing a smile to erupt from his lips. Running a hand down his bare toned abdomen, he runs a hand under the covers touching down Genesis’s bare leg. He chuckles under his breath moving closer to her, embracing her. He loved the way he felt about her, no woman put him under a spell like she did and he was ready and willing to do anything for her. Maybe it seemed too fast but he longed to be around her more and more and knew that he had to find a way to be with her after tomorrow.

He sighs softly, today is the big deal. The dance performance and as much as he tried to ease and calm down about it, the nerves were beginning to lurch into his stomach. He tried to remain relax and calm about it, the thoughts of the actual performance for tonight at 7:30 was something that will haunt him throughout the day. He yawns, gazing at Genesis sleeping soundly with a smile plastered on her lips and he runs a hand down her bare thigh, feeling a tug in his heart as the thought of him leaving her.

Yawning, she turns and opens her eyes, gazing up at him with a smile on her face. Whispering, she giggles out: “Hey you. You’re up. What are you thinking about?” She purrs out, trailing a finger down his chin, her light eyes lit up at how close she is to him. Nick gazes down at her, kissing her forehead as he leans back against the plush pillow.

“You.”

“Me? Really? Why?” Genesis sits up as he pulls her on top of him, wrapping an arm around her waist.

“About just stuff…” He trails off, he didn’t want to bring her down with the news of his flight or what he would do. He just wanted to avoid the topic now and not have to deal with it until it was time for him to board the plane if he even wanted to go through with it.

“Nick, I know it’s about your flight. And we need to talk about this. There’s no use in avoiding the topic when we’re both thinking about it.” She whispers out, resting on top of him, her bare body feeling warm and flushed from the love they made shortly beforehand. She wraps her arms around his neck, kissing his chest as he runs a hand down the back of her bare thigh.

“I don’t know what I’m gonna do. I want to stay with you but I can’t just drop my life in Florida…I have a job, family, everything else that I care for is down there, yet here I have the same thing now that I never thought I could find and is making this harder.”

“What’s that Nick?”

“You.” Nick smiles, eying her happily, “I love being around you. You’re like the sunlight after that rain storm we had the first time we rehearsed. You never gave up on me and never gave up on you even with the news that dance competition was getting harder. Gen…you made me a better man not just in dancing. You should me how to love right. And because of that, I feel like I owe so much to you.”

Genesis smiles, eyeing him and sitting, straddling her around his side. Tilting her head, she beams happily: “I didn’t know I played such an important role to you. But I’m glad you feel that way. And as for the whole flight thing, I understand you have a separate life. I mean I shouldn’t be the one to stall you for living your life and I can’t expect you to change your life just to be with me.”

“Well maybe I want to change it for you.” Nick smirks, sitting up on his elbows, brushing his lips down her neck, causing her to react in shivers.

“I know you do. But this has to be thought out. I’m not gonna stay here in Boston for long. I’m heading back to New York if things work out like I want it to be.”

“And it will Gen. You’ll see.” He whispers out, nibbling on her neck as she sighs out resting her head on his toned bare chest.

“Thank you Nick for giving me a chance.” She softly states, her eyes locking on his.

“No. Thank you. I wouldn’t have known what it feels like to fall for a person but you showed me its possible. I never thought I could find the right person until I met you.” Nick whispers out, gazing at her lovingly as he runs his fingers through her hair.

Genesis smiles and softly kisses him, checking the watch as she gasps and tumbles off him, rolling off the edge of the bed and crawling to the bedroom door, the white thin blanket slowly sliding off her with each inch she moved to the thick door.

Smirking, Nick eyes her and licks his lips as the blanket completely slides off her body to reveal her nude beauty to him. “You know…if you step out the door my friends could be there to see you.”

Genesis halts at the door and gasps, “Ohhhh ohhh right! Imagine that crap, me stepping out forgetting that I’m at your friend’s place.” She giggles gently, looking back at him as she stands up, her dark chocolate locks blanketed her shoulders and chest enough to want to make Nick full of curiosity as he sits up on the edge of the bed coming towards her.

She blushes, gazing at him in the full sunlight breaking into the windows of the room as he walks towards her smiling.

“What? You know the bed is all cold and I’m all like this…with no clothes on…I just don’t know what I can do to warm me up?” Nick asks non-chantingly, in a sly teasing tone.

Genesis laughs and shakes her head, “Maybe you should put your clothes back on. Cause I have take a shower. We have a long day of preparation and I need to start now as early as we can. I’ll need your measurements for the costume you’ll be wearing for tonight’s show.”

Nick smirks, “Oh yeah…and you can’t tell just looking what I measure?”

Genesis grins, slowly standing up as the blanket remained tangled around the bottom of her feet. “Maybe I can…or maybe I need to make sure.” She kisses him softly on the lips and bends down to gather the blanket around her nude body, slowly stepping out of the bedroom. She hears noise in the back porch as the four other men, his friends laughed and joked about something one of them said. She was greeted with the smell of a very familiar scent of strawberry pancakes, her nose guiding her to the kitchen of the place. Smiling, she runs to the bathroom only to find it locked for usage. Seems one of the girls had came to early to help out and now was in the bathroom, blocking Gen from entering.

“Oh great this is nice. Now everyone is gonna see me like this.” She murmurs to herself, trying her best to remain hidden from sight and anyone’s eyes. Sighing, she looks back to Nick’s bedroom and was about to head back to it when she hears footsteps from someone entering the living room from the back porch. Gasping, she leaps to a small shadowed corner of a wall unit, hoping no one would notice her. She keeps her eyes on Brian who was looking through a black suitcase, lying open on the side of the couch. For a moment, her heart shattered as she was suddenly reminded that in a matter of forty eight hours, she might not see Nick again. She wanted to go with him and had fought over the idea of just risking the chance and following him. But that wasn’t her. She, like Nick, had already made a life and had to finish what she needed to accomplish before she can just pick up her life and change it for a stranger that walked into her life only two weeks ago.

She remains hidden in the dark corner of the wall watching as Kevin and later Howie enter from the back porch. She gulps, hoping they would go into the kitchen giving her a chance to make it back to Nick’s room before she was caught. Clinging the blanket tightly around her body like it was another skin, she wraps it the blanket around her like a toga, tying the ends up on one of her shoulder’s blades, waiting for the cue to make a run for it. Her light eyes watch as A.J. passes the group and enters the kitchen calling for the guys, asking them where the bag of charcoal and barbeque sauce was at.

“Look under the cabinet you moron.” Kevin yells out with a smirk on his face.

A.J. laughs and peers out of the swinging kitchen door enough to flip his friend off before going back to find the missing item. Sighing out in frustration, A.J. steps out of the kitchen annoyed. “Dude its not there. I looked all over.”

“It has to be. I bought a new one the other day, unless Howie you used it all up?” Kevin raises his eyebrows at the Latin man who simple smirked.

“Oh nice. Blame the missing sauce on me.” Howie pipes up annoyed, lounging on the sofa as he folds a shirt into his backpack.

“Well you’re the one that uses it the most right?” Brian looks over at him with a small smirk plastered on his f ace.

Howie snorts, “You guys think you’re real funny. I wasn’t the last one that used. It was Nick when he poured half the bottle on the chicken the other day.”

“K well someone get blondie then.” A.J. mutters out about to go back in the kitchen.

“K I’ll go.” Brian yawns and shuffles his way to his shared room, slowly opening it.

A.J. smirks at Kevin as a small chuckle escaped his lips.

“What are you laughing at?” Howie glances back at the two men who seemed involved in their own personal joke.

“Hehe Nick had company last night remember? He didn’t go with us to the dinner.” Kevin indicts to Howie hoping he figured it out that Nick was with Genesis.

Instead Howie gives him a blank stare and rolls his eyes to A.J. hoping for a more clearer answer.

“Dude, hint hint, Nicky boy went back here with his little dancer girlfriend, remember?” A.J. blurts it out, a sneaky smile crawls on his lips.

“Ohhhhhhhh, hehe. Yeah I remember.” Howie smirks, tossing a couch pillow off the floor as it went sailing towards where Genesis was crouched hidden in the dark corner of the wall.

She fixates her eyes on the pillow, afraid to move or brush away the pillow cause it would involve movement and surely draw attention to her if they see her. So she remains standing still, her back pressed hard against the mahogany walls behind her.

Yawning A.J. stretches and heads back into the kitchen grumbling about missing barbeque sauce as Kevin quietly snickers. Brian laughs softly and closes his suitcase, looking for a pair of socks buried in deep within his suitcase.

Howie plops on the sofa and looks around to find the black pillow tossed in the corner of the room. “Ohhh there it is. I was looking for that.”

Genesis gasps softly, staring at the black leather pillow that was about to get claimed. She needed an escape right fast, if they found her like this covered in a barely there see through blanket that belongs to Nick, she would never look at them squarely in the face again after such experience.

Kevin shuffles around the living room and sighs annoyed as he hears A.J. rambling about not finding the “stupid sauce” as he heard his friend shout it loud in the kitchen. “Heh, what a pain.” He mumbles and strolls into the kitchen to help A.J. in finding the missing food item.

Sighing, Genesis only hoped the other two men would join them in the kitchen leaving an escape route for her. She watches Brian fumble around his suitcase, zipping it up as he decides to stroll into his shared bedroom with Nick.

Dropping her mouth open, she shakes her head knowing she can no longer run into the safety of that room now for Brian was now in there. Sighing, she shakes her head and slides down the wall, watching and waiting for when the coast is clear to make her move.
~*~

Brian steps into the bedroom and yawns and looks over at Nick who was already dressed in some loose fitting jeans and blue t-shirt, running a finger through his dark golden spikes. “Well morning Nick.”

“Oh hey Brian, what’s up?” He smiles, bending down to tie the laces of his white addias sneakers.

“Nothing much. So…” Brian smirks, “She came here last night right?”

Nick grins, “Gen yeah.”

“Mmmmhum…” Brian smiles, taking his brush and toothpaste along with small necessities left over for his flight back home to the south. “Have you thought of what’s gonna happen when we leave Monday for the flight?”

“About what’s going happen with Gen right?” Nick looks up with worried expression across his face.

“Yeah that.” Brian settles down on his own bed, gazing at Nick.

Nick stands up and sighs, shaking his head. “I want to stay so bad here. But I can’t. I can’t just stop my life for a woman that I’ve known for just two weeks. I mean I don’t mind that cause she’s so great, but I have to be realistic about this whole thing.”

“So its not just another fling right?”

“No, it never was. Bri…this is something beyond that. I care for her, she deserves to get treated right and I’m hoping I’m the one that can do. Especially with the whole Farah issue, I want to be able to trust a woman and Gen has been that one that hasn’t let me down.”

Brian straighten up, clearing his throat: “Hold up. Am I hearing correctly? Are you saying that you would stay with this stranger, granted she’s sweet and all but two weeks isn’t enough for you to change your entire life around this person. Yes she’s a sweet girl and all, but what do you really know about her Nick?”

“I know enough to know that I want to be with her. Brian I love her.” Nick states slowly, smiling at the concept of what he just said.

“What?! Love? Nick are you saying you fell in love in a stranger?”

“Yeah. Why do you find that hard to believe. She’s a beautiful stranger and I think these two weeks allowed me to see that she’s more than just some girl I want in bed. She lights up my life. Brian you have no idea what she’s done for me, her confidence in me, her determination, her smile, her touch…” He pauses and smiles at the concept as Brian raises his eyebrows.

“Wow…uhhh ok…Though I don’t know if this is something you should the others. They’ll think you’re crazy.” Brian gets off the bed, tucking a missing boxer in his jean pockets.

“Why? I don’t care what they think. Its my heart we’re talking about, they don’t control it.”

Brian exhales, his hand on the doorknob of the door, “Its just that this sudden burst of feelings, you felt the same way with Farah and look what happened. I don’t know if you should stop your life for a woman that already has hers all planned out. Sure you can be with her, but what I’m saying is you just said you love her, like falling in love with her.”

“So! Dude that happened with you and Leigh, why can’t it happen to me?” Nick boldly states, eyeing his friend curiously.

Sighing, Brian nods: “You’re right. I don’t know what I was thinking. If it happened to me, why can’t I assume you’re going through it as well.”

“Cause you still think I’m that twelve year old that thought girls had cooties.” Nick smirks, eying his friend.

“Yeah I forget you’re all grown up now. Just be careful ok, you’re making a decision that is gonna effect you as while as her. But Nick…do you know if she feels the same way?’

Nick nods, “Yeah.” He smiles as Brian chuckles.

“Aww, well that’s nice dude. I guess you know what to do. You don’t need us to help you make the choice. But…” He smirks, “Heh, you have a performance tonight and I shouldn’t delay ya, so you go get ready and practice or whatever and I’ll see ya later. Good luck Nicky.”

Nick smiles, “Thanks man.” He gulps, already feeling the butterflies in his stomach thinking about it.

Brian smirks, “Relax man. You’ll do fine. You did your thing at the club so this shouldn’t be any different.”

“Right…except now it’s the real thing and Gen’s dreams depend on this.”

Brian nods and looks down at Nick’s ankle. “How’s that working?”

“Doing good. I can stand on it now, it still hurts a bit if I stand on it hard, but that won’t be a bother when I do the performance.”

Brian smiles, “Well good and hey don’t embarrass us, A.J. will have a fit if you screw it up man.”

Nick laughs, “Yeah I’ll make sure to do it right, just for him.”

Brian snickers and nods: “You better or you’ll be hearing it from him for a while.”

“And when is that new?” Nick chuckles, exiting the room with Brian following him.
~**~

**~To Be Continued…~**