- Text Size +
“One Last Dance”

**~Un-shattered Destiny~**

He raises his eyes brows seeing in the corner as she blushes furiously.

“I…uhh…yeah well wow look at the time. I should be on my way.” Genesis scrambles back into Nick’s room as Howie watches her race into the bedroom.

“Heh, that was…interesting to say the least.” He smirks turning around to see A.J. peering the slot of the kitchen door. “What?”

“Nothin…” A.J. grins maliciously stepping out of the kitchen eyeing the man.

Kevin looks over to them with a weary smile, shaking his head as they all continue to prepare for the day’s events.
~**~

Sighing nervously, she gazes at the wooden planks below her, the rush of hush whispers and scrambling footsteps around her inched her nervousness until it felt she would run out and away from the backstage.

“Gen. Gen. Did you even hear what I just said?” Nadia loudly hushes out.

“Uhh, no sorry. Alittle distracted.” Genesis gulps, typing the red top tightly around her so her back was now exposed. Adjusting the long slit that crept up her upper thigh, she gazes at the knee length red dress and smiles, tapping her red heeled stilettos impatiently.

“Yeah well. Listen up next time. I said you and Nick are performing after miss Desiree does her thang.” Nadia murmurs out distastefully, glancing around the small venue filled with costumes aligning the walls on hangers and dance couples nervously running around to finish up their preparations. The harsh white lights glare down on them from above, almost shielding the room in its white grasp.

Glancing around, Genesis checks her watch again annoyed that Nick still didn’t reach the club yet. “He’s late. He should have been here over an hour ago.” She groans out, running a hand down her dark brown locks.

Nadia sighs, “Give the guy a break, he said he was rehearsing at home and should be here shortly. Don’t stress, I think this is so sweet of him doing all this. Personally I don’t know any guy that would go through all that he did just to make you happy.”

“He’s just being friendly Dee, besides…” She smiles, “He likes dancing, I think I opened his eyes more on that.”

“Ohh I bet you did girl. In fact so he’s thrilled about it that he would sleep with you to prove it.” Nadia smiles deceptively.

Laughing, Genesis shakes her head: “Why do you have to bring that up?”

“Hello, word gets around. You got busted by one of Nick’s friend at their place. You know those guys can’t hold a secret like that if they life depended on it.” Nadia brisk down the hallway to fetch a cup of cold water for her friend quickly handing it to her. “Here drink. Cool off. You’ll do fine.”

“Did you see Desiree’s moves?”

“No. But who cares. You’re gonna kill out there, not her.”

Gulping down the rushing cool water, Genesis sighs and looks at her friend who was touching up the makeup and putting on the last round of foundation across her friend’s cheeks.

“I don’t know. She’s good. I saw her stuff already. It freaks me out how good she is.”

Nadia frowns and clasps her hands across her friends chin, holding it in her direction: “Look at me. Don’t you dare start that up you hear me. You got too far to let that girl get away with your prize. You need that money more than she can ever know what to do with it. You have lots of support from all of us and I know you’ll do great.”

“That’s all fine and dandy, but my concern is for Nick. He still has that small injury and that can make or break our performance.” Genesis walks down the hallway, tying her hair up in a loose bun, the dark locks quickly tumbling out of it. Nadia marches down the hallway behind her, grabbing her arm.

“Relax. The more you stress about this, the more it’ll get to you. I can’t believe you’re so uptight about this dance competition. This is the first time I’ve seen you so worried. You need to take a chill pill and calm it down.” Naida smirks, brushing back of lock of dark raven locks behind her own ears.

“Sorry. Its just I don’t want to be a disappointment. You guys all from the dance team are looking up to me to get that award and if I don’t its like I’m letting down my dreams. But…” She sighs and smiles, her flushed cheeks, “You’re right. No reason to worry cause the partner I have this time around is gonna do his best and that’s all I’m asking for right?”

“Right! That’s sounds more like my girl!” Nadia grins, jumping around excitedly.

Genesis nods and gulps down the nervousness hoping that fake grin was enough to satisfy her friends investigation.
~*~

“Aghhhh, I just passed that same road again.” Nick grumbles out, annoyed that at the directions given to him. “Why couldn’t I pay attention when she was driving there?” He whispers out alone in the car. He was suppose to have reached the “Hot & Heavy” Club over an hour ago but got lost along the way there and now seemingly seems to driving around in what seemed like mere circles.

Gasping in relief at the glowing neon lights of the club, he quickly pulls up and parks, leaping out of the rented black ford focus with his costume for the dance hung on a hanger with a plastic over it and running into the entrance of the club. The main floor was set up with wooden fold up chairs that divided in the center as people were slowly getting any avail seats. Glancing at the front row, he sighs out, relieved that his friends haven’t shown up just yet so they wouldn’t see him so stressed out. Rushing to the backstage, he begins calling out to Genesis, looking and speeding down the crowded hallway. “Gen! Gen!”

Nadia’s ear perk at the sound and smirks: stepping out of a small open room grabbing the man’s arm. “Hey about time boy. We were getting worried there for a sec.”

“Oh yeah sorry about that. I got lost on my way here. I took the wrong road and had to head around to get back here. Its pretty crazy at this time in the evening.” Nick grins eyeing Genesis slowly, taking her in.

Smiling, Genesis tilts her head eying the young man from the corner of her eye. “Well how do I look?”

Nick scans the red open back halter tied dress and smiles: “Breathtaking.”

“That’s a good thing right?” She smiles, letting her dark locks fall pass her shoulders.

“Uhh yeah…yeah it is.” Nick breaths out, a sudden surge of joy and relief to be viewing her before him.

‘Well I’ll just step out of here for sec to leave you two love birds alone. Gen if you need anything just shout me out. I’ll be next door, getting Adriana some more chairs and refreshments for the audience.” And with that Nadia steps out and heads next door.

Nick gazes over at Genesis and breaks into a smile as he adjusts his costume and places it over a chair. “I’m gonna get ready I guess.”

“Yeah you do that. And hey…uhh you’ll do fine.” Genesis smiles, stepping out of the room leaving the man to change.

“Thanks.” He eyes the door closing and exhales as the nerves begin to rattle him up.
~*~

Slowly parking the dark SUV at the club’s parking lot, A.J. takes out the keys of the ignition and gazes over at the full crowd with him. Frowning, he realized he was the only one with out a date for the first time and it was beginning to get to him.

Kristen eyes A.J. from the backseat frowning: “It won’t be so bad. I heard there are a lot of single women here tonight.”

Brian smirks: “Well Alex I can always be your date for the night.”

A.J. smirks a bit at the concept shaking his head: “Uh no thanks. I like my girls, you’ll just scare them off away from me.”

Howie snickers, stepping out of the SUV along with his date Angela as the others begin to exit the vehicle too. A.J. was about to get out from the driver’s side when a silver cameo parks too close to his side, making it almost impossible for him to get out. Cursing loudly, he glares at the car waiting for the driver to make an appearance so he can chew his head off about this. He watches the driver side of the car door open as he was ready to lash out at the driver but stops short at the sight of the driver. Blinking, he eyes the woman slowly, taking in each mark and curve her body held under the snug black pants and frayed light blue tank top, her golden honeysuckle locks parade pass her shoulders as a hint of memorizing emerald eyes cut into him.

Gasping, the woman rushes out a sorry as she clambers back into her own car and parks a little more away allowing A.J. to finally climb out of his own car. Standing now, he kept his eyes on the driver as she gets out heading towards him quickly apologizing over and over again about the minor error on her behalf.

Kevin raises his eyebrows at this as Kristen smiles tugging on Kevin’s hand.

“Come on, we should head in before all the seats are taken.” Kristen whispers out softly, leading the dark haired man towards the entrance of the club.

Brian looks over at Howie and Angela who both seem to be beaming all three enter the club leaving A.J. alone with the driver.

Clearing his throat, A.J. smiles at the petite woman: “I think I’ve seen you before.”

“Yeah, back at your friend’s club I think.” The woman smiles softly, her face a soft radiance against the evening’s setting sun.

“Yeah, well I’m Alex or A.J. for short.” He extends his hand as she takes it gracefully and shakes it.

“And I’m Skyla uhh Sky for short.” The woman whispers locking eyes with him.

“Beautiful name. So uhhh…you here alone?”

“By the looks of it.” The woman responds leisurely, her eyes running over the man’s arms, chest and face.

“Well so am I. We can be alone together then.” He extends his hand out for her to take.

Softly giggling she nods and claps his hand heading into the club to watch the show.
~*~

“Ladies and Gentlemen! Welcome to the annual dance competition here at “Hot & Heavy night club. My name is DJ Rick and I’ll be blasting you hottest joints around here, but before we can do that. We gotta start up the contest. The winning couple wins fifty thousand in cash in full payment allowing that money is placed in good use. Each couple here are representatives of their organizations and will walk away with a small cash prize if not the winners. But enough of this, let’s get on with the show! Everybody yell out ‘Ah yeah’ to start it off.”

The audience yells out in a mixture of jumbled words as they all cheer in anticipation. Brian looks over to A.J. and the new girl from the parking lot to see them cheer loudly as Kevin and Kristen cheer loudly as well. Howie and Angela throw their hands in the air cheering on the contest as Brian laughs doing the same. As quickly as the audience erupted into a loud ringing cheer, they quickly calmed down and took their seat as a couple walk on stage with the introduction from the D.J. himself as some reggeaton music blast out to start off the contest.
~*~

“Just breath big boy. You’ll do fine. Nothing to worry about. And remember if you think you’re making a mistake or something remember to play it off and go with the flow. Just don’t stop and stare cause then everyone will know.” Nadia smiles, patting Nick on the shoulder brushing past a waiting couple who was practicing the rumba.

“Yeah, thanks. I got that part.” Nick exhales, leaning against the cement wall behind him as Genesis makes her way to him. He runs a finger through his messy dirty blonde spikes, sighing as he glances down at his black dress pants and white long sleeve button down dress shirt.

“Ok, we’re gonna on shortly, there’s another couple before us after this and then we go. Are you gonna be ok or do you need something to calm you down?” Genesis eyes him worriedly.

“I’ll…I’ll be fine thanks.” Nick stutters out, holding his stomach afraid it might react and rumble a mist all the anxiety he’s carrying.

“Ok well good. And don’t worry about anything. I’m doing the worrying for the both of us.”

Nick blinks, eying her: “Why are you so worried? You know the steps, its me that I’m stressed out about.”

“Well…I’m nervous too.” Sighing, she drops her arms to the side: “That girl that we saw back at the club the other night Desiree, well she’s goes on before us and…I saw her stuff. Nick I’m just worried she might take top prize instead of us.”

Nick frowns, shaking his head flabbergasted: “Are you for real? You have the hottest moves around, connected to a dance team and about to start up a dance program and you think you can’t beat her?”

“Yes. Yes I am. I can have all that and still lose Nick. It’s not about my credentials cause if that was the case I wouldn’t bother with this competition. But as it stands, she knows some things even I don’t when it comes to dancing.”

Nick blinks and snorts: “So? You worried about another person rather than yourself. I think she’s just messing with you and try to get you to play her game. Ignore her. You were well before you saw her and you’ll keep be will after you see her.”

Brushing back a lock of hair, she nods as a grin crosses her lips. “Yeah…yeah you’re right. Thanks.” And she stands up on her tiptoes, softly placing a kiss upon his awaiting lips. Pulling away, she hears the audience break into a thunderous clap as another couple was called to the stage.

Sighing, she sits down and watches Desiree along with her dance partner Vincent preparing to take the stage next. Nick glances at Desiree who was appealing in her tight leather pants and matching halter top as her light coffee complexion glittered in soft bright twinkles from the sprinkles applied on her toned arms. Her dark long raven curls were tied up in a small ponytail, each curl distinguished from another, yet connected gracefully with the rest of the woman’s hairstyle. Vincent seemed more of a bulky man, his tall height towered over the woman as he tugs on his black jersey and loose fitting black jeans. His bald caramel head shined in the lights above, a harsh spark causing nick to close his eyes for a brief second.

“Damn his head is shiny.” Nick murmurs softly near Genesis how softly smiles, nodding her head. Gulping, Genesis sits up as Desiree and Vincent’s name are called to take center stage. Nick watches them head off and close his eyes knowing its now or never. He was next and he had to perform well for Genesis depended on him.
~*~

Brian watches the next couple take stage frowning as Kevin cuts a glance at them.

“That’s the same couple that had Gen all nervous right?” Howie asks the others.

“Yeah, I think so. Looks like them too. Heh, let’s all hope she twist her ankle or something.” A.J. snickers, sitting back in the fold up chair.

Kevin smirks, “No. Don’t. Gen will do fine.” And the lights lower casting a bright yellow glow upon the two on stage as the loud music starts. Immediately the two on stage break into a reggae shuffle and spread out dancing the same steps going faster. The couple quickly slide across the floor towards one another as Vincent lifts her slowly as Desiree flips over him landing gracefully. Holding onto her, he spins her around gently as she slides down his leg and strikes a pose as they finish their performance sending the crowd up in a loud roar of clapping and whistling.

“Hmmm…she was actually good.” Nadia peers from behind the curtains, closing it to see Genesis take a deep breath and grasp Nick’s hand. “But Gen you’ll kill it out there. She don’t have the moves like you do. Trust me, this is an automatic win for you.”

“Thanks girl.” Genesis whispers, clearing her throat as Nick smiles.

Desiree and Vincent brush past them roughly, a smug look across her face as she flips Genesis off. “Good luck Gen. Hope you break a leg or two.” Desiree scorns out laughing as she takes a seat behind them on the fold out chair with Vincent.

Narrowing her eyes, Nadia clutched her fists together, gritting her teeth. “Don’t mind them. They’l be hatin’ in a few anyways.”

Genesis sighs and nods waiting for her name to be called. Nick eyes the couple over as Nadia snorts.

“Real mature of you Desiree. That always works right?” Nadia hotly spats out, glaring at them.

Desiree fakes a yawn rolling her eyes: “You done talking now?”

“Oh hell no! I should beat your behind on stage and yank that weave off!” Nadia hisses out.

Nick clears his throat as he hears his and Genesis’s name called out to take center stage watching Nadia who walks away from the yelling woman who just competed.

Kevin sits up and smiles clapping and whistling when Nick and Genesis take center stage before the large crowd.

“Wow. Its a lot of people here tonight.” Nick whispers out to her, clutching her hand tightly in his.

“It’ll be ok. Just do the best you can ok?”

Nick nods and exhales slowly as the single track “Fever” begins playing. Holding her to him, Genesis walks around him gracefully and slides down the back of his leg, wrapping her arms around his waist. Pulling her up slowly to the beat of the slow song, he pulls her to a twirl and softly pushes her out as she spins out, her red dress fluttering out around her. Snapping his fingers as rehearsed with Genesis, they kneel down and crawl to each other, clasping each other’s hands and stand up pressed against each other. Wrapping an arm around her waist, she leans back and sways, her back against his arm.

Then the song changes to Donna Summer’s “Last Dance. The soft slights cast on them as them as they stand back to back and slowly along with the beat fall into a dip when Nick turn around to slowly lie her against his arms. As Nick does that, he stands up slowly to the rhythm of the slow song inching close to the red closed curtains behind. When he was about to reach for Genesis’s arm to pull her into the next step he was suddenly pushed forward with a rough trust causing him to stumble and land flat on his stomach. Genesis gulps and eyes the moving curtains to hear Nadia yelling at Desiree, a fight brewing back stage. Gulping and highly embarrassed the music stops as all eyes glance at Nick who was slowly standing up flushed red in the cheeks feeling the boring of the all eyes on him as his heart raced a mile a minute.

Kevin gulps and looks at the others worriedly as Angela nods and leans against Howie who felt so bad for Nick on stage. Brian and Kristen whisper to one another concerned, watching a dismayed Genesis on stage. A.J. shakes his head sadly as Skyla sighs, slumping back in her seat. Once the D.J. sees them all clear the music continues and Nick tries to brush the utter embarrassment away. The song begins again “One Last Dance” and on cue the couple break into their rehearsed steps as if anew. With graceful steps and beautiful twirls, the couple seemed to reign on stage again, the whistles and cheers pressing them on to perform better and like a burst of energy Genesis dances lightly, her feet seemed to barely touch the floor with the beautifully timed steps as Nick follows just as good. Howie cheers and whistles as A.J. leaps off his seat shouting out “Go Nick!!” The crowd begins to fall in love with the dance, cheering and loudly clapping as the couple continues their steps.

Nick slides across the floor and stands up, waiting for Genesis to make the final leap to end their performance but panic begins setting in as he sees her running towards him. Gulping, he exhales and without losing his balance lifts the woman up in the air beautifully as she lies spread out on his hands crossing her legs tilting her head back. The music fades away as the crowd’s claps rumble throughout the club, the echoes vibrating all around them. Laughing, Nick slowly lets Genesis slide down on him, her hands slide down his chest as she laughs and hugs him tightly ecstatic.

“You did great!” She cheers out.

“But I fell.”

“Its ok. You went on like a trooper. Feel proud of yourself.” She grins happily, wrapping her arms around his waist eyeing him.

Smiling, Nick nods as they wave and bow to the crowd going backstage to await the results. After the final performance of the night took place. The D.J. begins to call out the finalists of the night. Two couple were called before Desiree and Vincent were called on stage. Nadia frowns at the sight of the woman and shakes her head glancing at Genesis.

“I tried stopping her but I didn’t get to her in time. Though…the black eye I gave her matches well with her black attire right?” Nadia grins mischievously.

Nick laughs: “Big time. Damn that was embarrassing for me. To hear the music stop and then all eyes on you was nothing like I felt.”

“Well it doesn’t matter, you guys did your thing even with that minor mishap.” Nadia boldly states, as the D.J. announces Genesis and Nick’s name.

“Oh My God! We made it!” Genesis cheers, jumping up and down as Nick laughs embracing the woman. Nadia claps and smiles, ushering them out to take the stage with the other finalists.

Nick steps next to couple and sighs, watching his friends cheer and whistle shouting out something jumbled in the noisy air. Smiling, he feels Genesis clasp her hand with his as the D.J. on the microphone holds a letter in his hands.

“Alright ladies and gentlemen, here are the winners for this year dance competition. Each receiving the large sum of fifty thousand in cash full on is…drum roll please.” Smirking, the DJ announces “In second place…” The soft drumming of the drums echo around them all as Nick gulps and pales, his heart pounding against his chest as Genesis bites on her lower lip nervously, closing her eyes and whispering something under her breath as her grip on Nick’s hand tightens.

“In second place is Desiree and Vincent for the soca/ Reggae mix.” The D.J. states as Desiree shouts out in horror. Pushing Vincent off the stage, she shots a glare at Genesis and snatches the letter off the D.J.’s hand to claim her prize. Jumping off of stage she pushes her way out of the crowd, cursing up a storm as Vincent sighs and shakes his head, waving at the crowd and shamefully goes after his partner disappearing in the mass crowd.

Genesis looks at the other couple and crosses her fingers as the DJ announces in first place the other couple leaving them as the grand prize winner. Screaming in joy, Genesis begins crying as Nick smiles and hugs her tightly as Nadia rushes on stage to hug her friend as well.

Brian, Kevin, A.J. and Howie cheer out proudly as they too run up to the stage and stage and surround the winning couple with congrats and hugs. Wiping away her tears Genesis laughs and hugs them all glancing at Nick. “Thank you. Thank you for doing this for me. I never won this competition before but you made it possible to dream again Nick. Thank you.”

Nick simply nods, dumbfounded with words as he smiles: “You’re welcome. I’m sure you’re partner would have done the same.”

Genesis nods and smiles as Kevin pats Nick on the back excited that he won. A.J. cheers and picks Genesis up, twirling her around as he gives Nick a thumbs up sign.

“Dude you killed it out there. Though that falling bit, didn’t work on the judges man.” A.J. smirks as Nick laughs, the joy of celebration filling the air.

Brian comes up to them and pulls both Nick and Genesis into a bear hug. “You guys rocked.”

“Thanks” They both respond as A.J. and Skyla jump off the stage and look over at them smiling. Kevin and Kristen who eagerly hugs them both get off stage and begin to join the others as Howie and Angela give the winning couple a hug and a huge congrats.

“You did your thing out there Nick. Look at that. You really can dance.” Howie smiles getting a giggle out of Genesis.

“Miracles are possible.” Angela smiles, brushing back a lock of her honeysuckle lock, her bright bluish green eyes sparkle excitedly.

Genesis nods, laughing: “They sure are.”

“Hey…” Nick smiles, taking Genesis by the hand.

Smiling, Brian gets off the stage along with Howie and Angela as the Genesis turns to Nick wrapping her arms his neck. “You’re my miracle.”

Nick smirks, “Not bad huh?”

“Not bad at all.” She whispers happily as “Time of My Life” begins playing in the background.

Smirking, Genesis pulls away as Nick extends his hand to her: “Can I have this last dance?”

“Certainly.” She grins, taking his hand as he spins her to him and both leap off the stage dancing with each other. A.J. and Skyla laugh as they stand next to the winning couple dancing along them as others surround them. Brian watches Kevin and Kristen take the floor besides Nick and Genesis as Howie and Angela dance along with them. Brian smirks and watches as a young fair headed blue eyed girl smirks stepping up to him. “Mind if we dance?”

Brian smiles: “Sure.” And takes her hand leading her to the others as they all dance to the song.
~*~

Sighing, he zips up his suitcase and exits the shared room in the cabin, looking around in the bright early sunny morning.

“Nick you ready man?” A.J. asks, gathering his own suitcase and back pack.

“Ummm yeah.” He sighs, tugging on his dark blue tank top, the sweltering late summer heat bearing down on them all as he steps out of the front threshold.

Angela eyes Nick from the SUV and pokes her head out of the vehicle. “Hey sad faces getting in this car do you hear me? You just won a few hours ago, don’t be all sad.”

Nick smirks, putting on his back pack as he picks up his suitcase and boards the SUV. Howie snickers from inside the SUV sitting in the driver’s seat as Angela sits besides him in the passenger seat. Behind them, Kevin stuffed with luggage seemed almost buried in it as Kristen giggles and moves aside an over stuffed leather suitcase.

“There we go, we see your face now.” She teases him, her soft flaxen locks tickle his chin as he sits up and laughs. Brian snickers and pulls out a picture of his wife and son: “Hehe baby I’m coming home.”

A.J. snorts as he locks the cabin and gets in the SUV along with Skyla who promised to get him good seats on the place heading back to Florida. Nick looks around and smiles: “Well we’re all set. Let’s go then.”

Howie nods and waves one last time at the cabin. “Till next summer guys say bye to the cabin.”

“BYE!!” They all shout out waving and laughing as Howie snickers, pulling the rented vehicle out of the driving lot and taking them to the airport.

Nick watches the roads and trees besides him sped past him, pressing his forehead against the cool window. Feeling a hand on him, he sees Angela gazing at him.

“I’m coming to the conclusion that after last night’s dance you guys made a decision right?”

Nick nods: “Yeah.” He breaths out, his eyes glued to the passing road besides him.

“Oh. Ok well she’s fine with it right?” Angela asks curiously, shifting in her seat while the others break into their small conversations.

“Yeah. It was mutual. It was decided what was best for the both of us.”

“Ah and judging by the way you’re acting she isn’t going with you huh?” Angela remarks, gazing at him.

Nick bites his lip, breathing out: “Uh yeah…”

“Ohh sorry.”

“It’s ok…” Nick shrugs his shoulders leaning back in his seat as Howie drives them to the airport.
~*~

“So you heading out to say bye to him?” Nadia knocks on the closed bathroom door. Genesis gazes silently at the sink, wiping away a stray tear as she sniffs and fixes herself. “Yeah. I’ll be out in a few. I’m fixing my hair.”

“K. Well I have appointment I can’t miss but tell the guys I said bye and I’ll miss them.” Nadia states, hurrying out of the house.

Sighing, Genesis slowly opens the bathroom door and slips out, rushing to get her car keys and exits the house, slipping in her car and pulls away to head out to the airport. She sighs, recalling last night’s conversation with Nick as they had exit the club as winners:

“You know…I leave in a few hours…” Nick whispers, gazing at her as they walk to her car alone in the dark. The cool night breeze filters and brushes down on them as the reached her car.

“I know. And Nick, I think its time to make a decision. I decided it would be best that I stay here for the moment. I need to start setting the dance program and hire recruits for the job. I’ll be busy for the next few weeks setting things up and its important I’m here to prepare it.” She gulps, each word was like a knife digging deeper into her heart as she chokes out the words to him. Gazing at him worriedly, she could see the hurt lying deep in his eyes as he nods.

“You’re right. I was going to tell you it would be good for you to stay here and start things up. I don’t wanna drag you anywhere when your dreams are coming true.” Nick whispers sadly.

“I wish you could stay. But you have a separate life and I have no right to take that from you.” She whispers out painfully.

Nick cups her face and brushes his lips to hers. “Why can’t I keep you?”

Genesis smiles sadly: “Cause you shouldn’t keep something, but let it come to you.”

She blinks away the memory as she sees the exit to the airport and parks, quickly getting out to find the gate the group was boarding.
~*~

He gazes out the window watching a plane take off, as his eyes scroll over to Genesis sitting besides him. “This is gonna suck getting on a plane knowing I’m leaving my heart back here with you.”

Genesis sniffs and blinks away her tears as she sits up: “Oh stop that. You don’t even know me to see you care for me. Its only been two weeks.”

“That’s all I needed to find love.” Nick whispers out to her, his locked on hers as he runs a hand down her thigh.

Genesis gulps as the airport intercom in a woman’s computerized voice states clearly that the flight to Orlando Florida is now boarding.

Brian smiles sadly as he hugs Genesis: “Hey we’ll come back. And don’t you lose touch with us. You’re a miracle worker in my eyes.”

Genesis giggles sadly, waving bye as Brian walks through the gate heading to board the plane. Kristen and Kevin whisper to each other as they both hug Genesis and wave bye to her, heading off to catch up with Brian.

Howie and Angela smile each hugging Genesis and congratulating her on her win last night.

“Thanks. Nick helped.”

“Well yeah but you made him look good.” Howie teases, eyeing Nick knowing that saying goodbye would hurt him so bad.

Angela kisses her cheek and heads to the gate along with Howie both waving bye to her as they head off.

A.J. hugs Genesis tightly and sighs: “You know changed Nick right? He’s a different person since he met you. I wished you guys could have found a better way to stay together. He needs you more than you know.”

“I want to. Maybe if its meant to be it’ll happen. But this is the way its gonna be for the moment.” Genesis whispers out as he heads off the gate.

Skyla rushes up to A.J. and smiles: “You know…ummm…I live in Florida. I’m up here for business. But I’ll be back down there in a week. Maybe we can meet up.”

A.J. smiles, nodding his head: “I like that idea.”

“Well good. Here’s my number. Call me…anytime.” Skyla smiles, her glittering green eyes shine brightly off her ivory complexion.

“I sure will. How about in five minutes when I board the plane?” He smirks as Skyla laughs.

“Ok.” She giggles waving bye to him as he joins the others.

Genesis gulps gazing at the tiled floor as Nick takes her hand: “I’m gonna go now and don’t you cry ok.” He whispers. “You have my number, don’t forget to use it.”

“Same with you.” She whispers out, sniffing sadly as she wipes a tear away from her cheek.

Nick nods: “Yeah…”

The loud speaker goes off again announcing last call for the flight.

“Nick you should you go before you miss your flight.” Genesis whispers out fighting her emotions to stay strong.

Nodding, Nick kisses her cheek and hugs her tightly as he steps away, walking backwards to gaze at her and then turns around entering the gate and boarding his flight. Genesis watches him until he was out of her view and she slumps in the waiting area, gripping the arms of the seat tightly as her tears spill down quietly. She gulps as stays like that for the next couple of minutes as she turns to gaze out to the window to see the plane take off. “Goodbye Nick.” She cries out softly, gazing at the window, her heart torn from her soul and body. She was broken in spirit as if his presence was needed for her survival.

“God Nick, Nadia was right…I fell in love with a stranger.” She whispers and sighs.

Sniffing softly, she composes herself and gets off the seat ready to head out when she sees a shadow approaching. Shrugging her shoulders, she takes a step and stops when the figure steps out of the hallway. Gasping, she covers her mouth as tears brink the edges of her eyes. “Nick! But…but…what happened?”

“I couldn’t do it. I couldn’t leave the one person that made a difference in my life behind.” Nick whispers out, biting his lower lip as Genesis runs to him to embrace him.

“But…what about your life down in Florida?”

“My life is here with you Gen. Besides what the hell am I gonna down there if all I’m gonna keep thinking about is you right?” Nick smirks, holding her in his arms tightly as she laughs.

“I can’t believe this. You’re amazing.” She giggles, pulling away as she holds his hands.

“Eh, what can I say I’m nice like that.”

Genesis smiles as they run out of the airport, their future remaining unknown their destiny unfolding before them both.
~**~