- Text Size +
“One Last Dance”

**~Moving To a Third Step~**

A.J. struggles with a yawn as he gazes around at the pool party, his grin spreading across his cheeks as scantily clad women parade around Quincy’s backyard.

Brian smirks, poking his friend in the ribs, “Hey its looks like you’re enjoying the party, huh?”

A.J. chuckles, waving at a beautiful black hair beauty, “Damn, well Rok, have you checked out the view? I mean wow, check out the babes flaunting their goods here.”

Howie burst into laughter at his friend’s comment as he slides into a metal folding chair besides A.J.’s “Well at least I know you’re having fun here. I was concerned that Kevin was gonna take us to a boring friend of his where we would all stare at each other in silence.”

Kevin strolls across the lawn, conversing sweetly to a tall fair haired woman. His three friends smirk, gazing at him.

“Is it just me or was I sensing something back at our place?” A.J. whispers, taking a sip from his cold colada.

“You mean the whole Kevin attitude?” Howie states munching on a BBQ chicken wing.

“Yup.”

Brian nods his head as his eyes were distracted suddenly by a passing flaxen hair model type woman. He arouses from his gaze as A.J.’s loud laughter vibrated down his ear. Wincing, he turns to see A.J. besides him, pointing directly at him with a smirk scrolled on his tan face.

“Had enough of the glam prizes B or do you still wanna check out the rest of the inventory?” Kevin breaks into the conversation with a smirk on his face.

At this comment, the four men break into laughter, each relaxing in a chair facing the direction of the pool. A loud splash breaks the laughter as a red dyed haired woman dives into the pool and slowly yet erotically climbs the pool ladder knowing all eyes were on her.

A.J.’s eyes locked on her supple figure, his mouth dropping at her curves now clearly shown through the wet yellow bikini. “Now I know why I love yellow.” He whispers.

“General, I think we lost our pilot.” Brian teases while Howie and Kevin join in the laughter.

A.J. shakes his head quickly and blushes, clearing his throat. “I was just caught off guard.”

“Nothing new there.” Kevin jokes, stretching out in the warm sunny evening. “So you guys glad you decided to come after all.”

“No doubt!” A.J. quips up immediately as the others smirk.

“Yeah good. Nick would have had a good time too if he was here.” Kevin murmurs, gazing around the pool side to see five women lying on their back as the sun touches them gently.

“Speaking of Nick, Kev this may be a touchy subject, but was there ever something between you and that dancer lady Nick is with?” Brian asks nervously, fearing he would get met with a harsh remark.

Instead to his utter surprise, Kevin seemed calm, even peaceful at the moment. He watches his cousin’s emerald eyes glaze over with memories that were kept from him and the others. Kevin stops mid-way from his drink, pulling the plastic cup away from his mouth. A.J. and Howie calmly watch between him and the women at the pool side.

“It was nothing serious I guess. At least to her.” Kevin speaks gently, his eyes gazing at his cold beverage in his hand.

A.J. sits up, taking interest suddenly as Brian asks another question.

“What happened?”

Kevin exhales slowly, his eyes watching the clouds spread out to allow the beautiful evening to take place. “I met her two years ago, when she joined the dance traveling dance team in Boston. She was majoring in dance at the time, studying to get a degree for it. Anyway, I just happened to be in a club with a friend of mine’s who introduced me to her. She seemed alluring, sweet. Someone I wanted to get to know more. Well she felt that way about me and we just started dating. Nothing serious you know. But then after a few days, I started to realize that I never met a woman who had so much in common with me. She seemed to be the one lady I could see myself with in the long run. But I heard through a friend of mines that she was seeing another person. I didn’t believe it but when I faced her to talk about it, she was edgy and claimed she was pregnant.”

Howie lets out a heavy sigh as A.J. shakes his head, “With your baby?”

“No.” Kevin simply answers, his eyes held a distant look.

“Wow. Sorry dude.” A.J. humbly replies.

Kevin sighs and continues, “Seems she was mistaken about the pregnancy, there was none. When she told me she was still seeing her future child’s father while with me, I began hearing from tons of men that they too had a night out with her. Rumors were swirling wildly about her nights out and I didn’t know what to believe anymore. I assumed she wanted nothing more than a night with me and that’s exactly what happened. After our little escapade, she left the morning after without a word or a note or anything.”

Howie whistles while Brian gulps. “You guys still talk though now I noticed.”

Kevin nods, eying the glazed orange and yellow heavens above him.

“Yeowch. You really liked her didn’t you?” Brian whispers.

Kevin nods his head and clears his throat, getting up from the seat and walking back to the grill.

A.J. glances back at Brian, “No wonder he went all psycho when Nick is chilling with the girl. But do you really think a girl like that could be the town whore?”

“Guess you can’t be fooled by the outer appearance.” Howie murmurs, swirling his drink in his hand. “Poor Kev though. But we can’t jump to conclusions cause we don’t know her side of the story.”

“Maybe Nick will find out for us.” A.J. whispers, running his fingers through his black hair as his attention again wavers over to the giggling women at the pool side.
~*~

Nick walks over to the edge of the pier to see Genesis grinning a few feet below him in the shallow water.

“Come in. The water is all good.”

Smirking, Nick kneels down and slides to the edge, swinging his jean clad legs over the pier.

“Give me a minute.” Nick states as he jumps into the refreshing cold water. The water reached his abdomen as he gasps at the temperature of the water.

Genesis giggles and claps, eyeing him, “You ok? Its not that cold now is it?”

Nick rolls his eyes as a sarcastic remark slips out of his mouth, “No, no not at all. I mean I feel great and numbed in all places but one.”

Smirking, Genesis gazes at him, “What is that one place?”

Nick lowers his eyes down to his crotch as Genesis breaks into laughter.

“Well at least you know its still responds right?” Genesis teases as she saunters over to him.

Nick laughs, shuddering at the cold water. “Sooo…what’s the first step huh?”

Grinning, Genesis takes Nick’s hand and wraps them around her waist. “First step is to see if you have rhythm. We’re gonna practice a few basic footsteps and lifts.”

“Lifts?”

“Yup, I already choreographed our dance, you’ll have to able to lift me at the end of the dance.”

Nick smirks, the clear blue water swirled around him gently. “Alright, well let’s give it a try.”

And try they did for the past three hours, struggling and arguing, whining and teasing. Nick didn’t realize dancing would be this extreme. He was uncomfortable with holding the woman so close to him and letting her slide down in an almost erotic way down his leg. The dancing was more of a turn on for him than he thought.

“Uhhh… ok. Break time now.” Nick breathes out when Genesis takes her hand away from his waist.

Smirking, she nods: “Why? You still don’t have the moves down?”

“Well I think I need to cool off.” Nick mutters, a faint blush crossing his light tan cheeks.

Genesis giggles and leaps up to the rickety pier, staring down at him. “Come. We can work on dry land for now.”

Nick smirks and whispers under his breath, “I can come alright, but will you?”

“Excuse me?” Genesis asks innocently not really hearing what Nick had mumbled about.

“Nothing. Nothing at all.” Nick smiles mischievously, leaping onto the pier. He had to admit, working in the pond was more difficult than he thought. Genesis chose the water to work on his endurance not just for the mere liking of the scenery. He was already tired, after failing to lift her up properly, always sending her sailing over his head and into the water. He smirked at the thought of her yelling as she landed in the water head first. He had found it amusing, seeing her yell out as she hit the water. He glances up as she snaps her fingers drawing his attention out of his thoughts.

“Glad to have ya back. You were lost in your own world again I see.”

Nick smirks, “Something like that.”

“Alright.” She giggles softly, pulling him onto the pier, closer to her. “I’m gonna show ya the basic three steps. You’ll be working on the counting as you dance. When it comes to dancing, it is done like playing an instrument. It has its beats and counts. Now.” She states, standing in front of Nick on the wooden pier. “Watch me as I do the three steps and remember to count. These steps go by the count of eight each. Pay attention cause I’ll show ya it two times before you try ok?”

Nick nods and crosses his arms on his chest. He smiles as she tugs on her short blue jean mini-shorts and red bikini top. Her wet medium brown hair begins to curls around her head like an ordain crown of sort as it was tied up in a high ponytail, swinging gently in the breeze. His eyes watch her feet as she takes two steps back and begins counting out loud. She shuffles her hips side to side while doubling stepping back. To him it seemed like a simple enough step, but then again he would always say that and then to his dismay fail on getting it down right. Genesis continues the same moves and then crosses her feet in front of her leaning down erotically forward and calling him over.

Nick raises his eyebrows and shakes his head, “Is that all the moves? Looks easy.”

Genesis smirks, “Man, you’re hard to get.”

“What?”

“Nothing. You ready to do the moves?”

Nick shrugs his shoulders, “Sure why the hell not.” He smirks and stands on the pier as Genesis watches from aside with a grin on her face.

“What’s so funny?”

“You. I know you didn’t get the counts right.”

“You don’t know that.” Nick states proudly, eager to boast and show her that yes indeed he can do the simple moves.

“Alright, then show me.” She states, water drops slipping off her curls and arms.

“Thought you never asked.” Nick raises his shoulders, standing straight as he begins to shuffle side to side, stepping back as she showed him. He counted softly to himself and placed his right foot behind him before he realized something was wrong. His foot didn’t touch anything. In fact it seemed as if his foot was in the air and before he knew it, he lost his balance and topples on his back into the water behind him.

He stands up, spitting out water and wiping water away from his eyes as he hears Genesis’s laughter in the air. “Ha ha. Got enough of a good laugh.” Nick mutters playfully as he was entirely drenched in the water. Genesis leans over the edge of the pier, shaking her head.

“See I knew you didn’t get it. You missed a step so your counting was thrown off. That’s what you get for thinking it’s so easy. Now try it again and don’t fall in the water.” Genesis giggles, extending her hand to help Nick out of the shallow water below her.

Once Nick was back on the pier, he tried over and over again and failed to get the one small step that including a quick cross and turn before stepping back. He watches intensely as Genesis showed him the same moves slowly until he finally got it. He clears his throat and shuffles side to side, nailing the step that involved the turn and cross. Once he gets it, he smiles and jumps up. “I got it!”

Genesis giggles and claps for him as she runs and gives him an embrace. Surprised by her sudden weight, Nick standing on the edge of the pier, looses footing and topples on his back with Genesis on top of him into the water. Both yell out as the cold water engulfs them before they stand and break into a laugh.

“I wasn’t ready for that.” Nick chuckles, wiping the water off his eyes.

“What a way to celebrate. That was quite the thrill.” She smiles at Nick, grabbing a lock of her hair and draining it of water. “And Nick by the way, I can and do come many times.” She whispers jokily, treading the water in front of him.

“Oh you heard that huh?” Nick laughs, sitting in the more shallow area of the pond where the water reached to his knees.

“Sure did.” She laughs and plops beside him. “You did a good job Nick. Not bad for the first time. Not bad at all. Guess you’re not a virgin anymore on the whole dancing thing huh?” She jokes around happily, spreading out her arms and legs in the water.

“Guess not. You took that away from me.” Nick teases, leaning on his back, feeling the cold inviting water on his warm flushed skin.

“And it was well worth it.” She whispers with a grin.

Nick laughs softly before gazing at her. He had to admit, she was a beautiful woman, she seemed so gentle yet alluring in her own mysterious ways. She was unlike any woman out there that he met. He watches her giggle and stretch out her well defined legs in front of her petite body. “So you know Kevin right?”

She slowly nods and smiles as the evening sun casts its gentle glow on her cheeks. “Yup, why?”

“Oh just curious that’s all.”

“Really? You know curiosity kills a cat.”

“Lucky for you I’m not a cat.” Nick paddles his bare feet in the water.

“What about Kevin? He’s your friend right? He was telling me about you and the rest of guys. You all seem close”

“Yeah, well we are. We kind of grew up near each other and stuff.” Nick responds, yawning tiredly.

“Sounds nice.”

“Yeah, it is. It’s great to have the guys in my life. They’re a pain but what family isn’t?” Nick whispers happily.

Genesis giggles and stares at him, drawn to his light blue eyes. “You have beautiful eyes.”

Nick smirks, “Thanks, that’s not all that’s wonderful about me.”

“My, aren’t we cocky today?”

“Funny you say that, I’m quite cocky indeed.” Nick jokes around getting a laugh out of Genesis.

“Do you always talk to women this way? You’re quite the perv right now.” She smirks, sitting up as water drops drip off her cheeks.

Nick laughs, “Hey I noticed you’re pretty fresh yourself. Besides there’s something about you that makes me talk that way I guess.” He sits up as he splashes water at her.

She gasps in surprise and splashes back. And before they knew it, they were caught in a mini splash war, drenching each other with water.

Genesis laughs and waves her arms out in front of her, “That’s it. I give up. You’re too much.”

Nick smirks and stands up, helping her up as they trudge back to the pier and onto dry land. They both dry off with a towel and head back to the car.

“So how did you and Kevin meet?” Nick asks curiously.

Genesis freezes and pretends to be distracted by wiping away water from her hair.

Nick asks her again as she pretends to smile, “Oh you know it’s the regular. He was at a club and I was performing there.”

“Oh cool.”

“Yeah, sure.” She murmurs as she heads to the parked car off the dusty roadside.

“Why does that bother you?” Nick asks catching her off guard.

“About what?”

“About Kevin.” Nick whispers, opening the driver’s side of the car

“It’s a long story.”

“Well I have a nice long trip back so you got time to tell me.” Nick insists, sliding into the driver’s seat of his rented Ford focus.

“Yeah well. You don’t wanna hear it.” Genesis whispers, sitting in the passenger seat.

Nick starts the ignition and eyes her, “Actually I do. Seems cool. Come on tell me.”

Genesis smiles and shakes her head, “There nothing to tell.”

Nick smiles and switches the lever into a driving mode, pulling the car onto the road and driving away from the serene place. “Ok, well what do you think of Kevin?”

“Why do you care?” Genesis whispers, feeling uncomfortable.

“I don’t know. I just want to know, that’s all.” Nick states, concentrating on the road before him.

Sighing, she leans back on the leather seat, her head resting on it. “Kevin is an interesting man. That’s all I can say.”

Nick laughs, “Tell me about it.” And they drive down the road, away from the serene environment.
~**~

**~To Be Continued…~**