- Text Size +
“One Last Dance”


**~Unexpected Visit~**

She drops off her gym bag, glad to reach the beach side house she shared with her friend with Nadia. Sighing in relief, she opens the front door and enters it, a grin spreading on her butter pecan cheeks. “Mmmmm…smells great. Whatcha cooking Dee?”

Nadia pokes her head out of the kitchen threshold and breaks into a giggle. “Gen, you’re back fast. How was it hanging with the dancing interview?”

Genesis breaks into a wide smile, her light brown eyes twinkle in glee. “It was wonderful! Dee, I think things are starting to finally look great for me!”

Nadia laughs, running and embracing her friend. “Sweet! Man, so you’re in then right? The department is gonna donate some money to fix the building you’re planning on renting?”

“Yup! Well that is if things work out all good and I win the dance competition coming up.”

Nadia smirks, brushing aside some of her black locks off her tan cheeks. “Please, you know you’ll win, so stop fronting. Besides that fine white boy you with wouldn’t let you down.”

“You have a fascination with him, don’t ya?” Genesis teases, brushing pass her friend to get to her shared bedroom.

Nadia gasps, shaking her head jokily. “How could you even think that? I just think it’s interesting that this hot guy enters your life out of the blue and you don’t even take the opportunity to get to know him better.”

Genesis stops midway at the bedroom threshold, her back facing her friend, before she turns around to look at Nadia curiously. “You’re quite the character now aren’t ya?” Smirking, she rolls her light eyes, “Even if I was into him, it’s not like he’s into me.”

Nadia’s mouth drops open, “Pshhhh! Hello! Someone’s blind today! Girl, that boy is head over heels for ya! He wouldn’t go through the whole dancing thing just to be nice, let’s get real! The brother is into you and you need to get with it.”

Genesis smiles gently, “Maybe. But even if you are right, I’m looking at him through professional eyes. He’s a partner and a student and I’m to do my job and simply teach the man his moves.”

“And a few moves on the side eh?” Nadia jokes around, staring down at her friend.

“Shuddup!” Genesis breaks into a laugh., “Maybe so. But I’m not expecting the man to give into a full blown relationship.”

“Uh huh, ummm…” Nadia grins, entering the kitchen.

“And what’s that suppose to mean?” Genesis giggles, following her friend into the kitchen.

“Nothin’. Nothin’ at all.” Nadia busies herself preparing dinner, opening the oven to see how the baked chicken is coming along.

“You’re funny.” Genesis smirks, easing her way out of the room, back to her bedroom.

“Yes, quite the funny one indeed. Gen, how about we make a bet?” Nadia suddenly states, her voice echoes down towards the bedroom.

Genesis pokes her head out of the bedroom threshold, gazing at the kitchen threshold to see her friend. “A bet? What is it?”

Nadia grins, stepping out of the kitchen and easing her way over to her friend, “I bet you’ll fall in love with that Nick guy in two weeks and if I lose I’ll pay you fifty dollars to donate to the building. And if I win, hehe, well you’ll be doing all the cooking for the following month.”

Genesis smirks, sticking out her hand, “Well then it’s a deal. Cause I can’t fall in love that fast. It just doesn’t work that way, this isn’t a fairytale story.”

Nadia rolls her dark eyes and grabs her friend’s hand. “So it’s a bet then?”

“Yeah. Cause you won’t win, this is my heart and it don’t work that way.” Genesis smirks. And with that, both women shake on it, complying to the bet.

Nadia walks back to the kitchen as her friend excuses herself to unpack some of her personal belongings. Shaking her head, Nadia smiles: ‘I know you more than you think. And your heart will surprise you, you’ll see.’ She thinks to herself, setting up the china plates on the glass table in the kitchen.
~*~

She places the dirty glass plates into the dishwasher, her ears perking up at the sound of the door knocking. Glancing over to the kitchen metal circular clock above the stove, she narrows her eyes. “Who the hell is at the door at this time in the night?” Nadia grumbles, passing her shared bedroom which Genesis had closed the door for a quick nap. Reaching the front door, she swings open the door and gasps to her surprise. “What the hell are you doing here?!” She growls out at the tall tan colored man standing before her.

The man smirks, narrowing his dark brown eyes, scanning behind her. “Where is she?” He tries pushing himself into the threshold.

“Aries, what are you doing here?!” Nadia whispers out, gazing back at the locked bedroom door.

Aries narrows his eyes, his dark dyed blonde hair lies neatly in corn rows on his head, “I don’t need your permission to see her.”

“She’s not interested. What part of no don’t you get?” Nadia growls out, standing firmly, blocking Aries from entering further into the house.

“Get out of my way!” Aries growls, his muscle bound arms tighten, the muscles bulging in anger.

“She doesn’t want to see you. Leave us alone Aries. I’m serious. I’m going to call the cops if you don’t leave here right now.”

“You ain’t calling the cops on me! I ain’t do nothing…yet! Now let me speak to her!”

“NO!” Nadia hisses out.

Aries vehemently growls out a list of profanities as he punches the side of the door, cracking a small piece of the wooden frame.

“You son of a… You almost broke my door down! Oh hell no! Your behind is getting arrested now for trespassing!” Nadia rages, gripping the doorframe tightly.

“I swear to God, you call the cops, you’re going down!”

“Yeah, that’s real nice. Now you’re threatening me. Go ahead, make the list longer so the police can lock you up longer.” Nadia rages.

Aries smirks and backs away, stepping back from her. He screams out into the threshold, “Gen! Gen, where are you? Let’s talk! I know about that man you’re with! I swear if you with him and I find out you’re cheating on me with him, I’ll get you.”

Genesis opens the bedroom door, peering at the enraged man blocked at the front door by Nadia. She gulps, watching Aries shout out a few threats and he stops suddenly, staring at her, smiling, his eyes taking in her seldom face. Tears stain her cheeks as she gulps and remains quiet.

“God, Genesis, you’re so beautiful. I almost forgot what a doll you are to me.”

Genesis chokes out, shaking her violently, “Aries. It’s over, its been over for the past few weeks already. Don’t come by here anymore or I’ll have you arrested.”

“You’re threatening me now! What the…” Aries yells, slamming his fists on the threshold.

“Go away. For God’s sake, leave me alone now.” Genesis states calmly, approaching him.

Aries growls out, slamming his fist on the door, “Tell me the truth! You seeing another man?”

“What? Oh for the love of God, what are you talking about? Even if I was in a relationship, that’s none of your business. Do you hear me? What we had was in the past, be a man and walk away from this. Do you hear me?” Genesis states boldly, standing besides her friend.

Aries narrows his eyes and steps away from the women, going down the front steps. “It’s that man that you’re teaching! I know it is. And when I find him, he’s going down!”

Nadia seethes and pushes Genesis back into the house gently, before closing the door behind her and locking it. “I’m so sorry. I thought it was someone else. You weren’t suppose to see him.” She whispers, embracing the sobbing woman in her arms. “Don’t worry Gen, he’s all talk. Nothing will happen to Nick or you. I’m gonna call the cops now and make sure he stays far away from you and anyone else you know.”

Genesis stares back at her friend whispering a shaky “thank you.”

“No prob. I got your back girl.” Nadia whispers, leading Genesis back to the bedroom. “Let’s watch some t.v or something to get your mind off that jerk.”

Genesis smiles softly through her tear stain face as they enter their share bedroom.
~*~

Nick drives down the familiar dusty road and glances over to see the beach he was at a few nights ago. He pulls up in front of Genesis’s house and smiles, “She’s probably not even there. I’ll give it to her tomorrow then I guess.” He drums his fingers on the steering wheel, jumping at the sudden loud yelling coming from nearby Genesis’s house.

Nick watches a tall built man thrashing around the driveway, sulking and gazing around. Nick sits in the driver’s seat of his rented Ford Focus examining the strange man. The man locks eyes with Nick and immediately approaches him. Nick was about to pull away from the house but stops to see the man reach the side of his driver’s window, knocking on it.

Sighing, Nick rolls down the car window, his sapphire orbs staring at the grumbling man. “Uhhh, how can I help ya?”

The man watches him curiously and smirks, “What are you doing here? This is private property.”

“I know, I know someone here.”

“Oh really, you don’t say?” The man seethes out.

“Yo, you aight? You seemed pissed.” Nick states, watching the man tense up.

“I’m gonna ask you a question and I’m only gonna say it to you once. Do you know a woman name Genesis?”

Nick’s eyes flicker in remembrance of the name and the man notices it. “Uh yeah why?”

“Oh, nothing really. Just curious. Can you get out of the car?” The man grumbles out annoyed.

“Ah no. I rather not.”

“Figured you say that.” The man runs a thick hand through his dyed blonde locks. Suddenly the man sticks his arm into the car, grabbing Nick by his shirt collar. “The hell you know Genesis, you’re the guy who’s been distracting my girl!”

Nick gulps and roughly yanks away from the man’s touch, anger now flickering in his face. “You’re her boyfriend?!” He mutters out.

“Doesn’t matter who I am, just you stay away from her, do you hear me?!” The man growls out: anger evident in his voice.

“I’ll stay from whomever I want too. And from what I heard, she’s gonna see me whether you like it or not!” Nick growls out, stepping out of the car.

The man laughs, backing away, swinging at Nick. Nick ducks and avoids the hits, almost stumbling back. “What the hell man?!”

The man growls and takes another swing, doing a quick jab that struck Nick on his temple.

Nick groans out in pain and in rage punches the man squarely in the nose, causing the man to groan in pain as blood spews out of his nose. The man growls and wipes a hand across his bloody nose, backing away and picks up a thick bark off the dusty ground. “Oh pretty boy. You going down!” And he races towards Nick with the bark.

Nick grabs the bark just as it was going to swing at him and he kicks the man in the groin, causing the man to fall to his knees. Nick takes this opportunity to kick the man in the chin with his kneecap as the man flies back and lands on his back, groaning out in agony. The man swings the bark at Nick, hitting him on his leg. Nick cries out, sensing the bark cut his skin on his calf. Nick backs away, grabbing the bark and slamming it down on the man’s hand. Aries screams out, staring at the protruding bark in his bloody flesh. Nick sighs, his breathing ragged as Genesis and Nadia open their front door, running down to him.

“Dear God Nick! You’re bleeding!” Genesis cries out, touching Nick gently, his warm blood touched her fingertips. “Come inside! You should get cleaned up.”

Nadia smiles gently and shakes her head, “Sorry Nick. This punk has been causing us trouble for a while. Sorry you had to be involved.”

Nick shakes his head wearily, “Na, its alright. But what the hell was his problem? He acted like a jealous boyfriend or something. Listen Gen, if he’s bugging about this whole dancing thing, maybe it’s best I shouldn’t be here now.”

“I’m cleaning you up. You’re not going anywhere ‘til I wipe that blood off you.” Genesis quietly states, looking up at him.

Nick nods and quietly follows Genesis into the house as Nadia takes out her cell phone to call for the police. She smiles and gazes down at Aries, a smirk on her tan face. “Good for you, you deserved that for calling him pretty boy and harassing my girl. You’ll be seeing a lot of the jail cell now, so get comfy.” And she reports the incident to the police station on her cell.
~**~

**~To Be Continued…~**