- Text Size +
“One Last Dance”

**~Seven More Days Left~**

Howie laughs, leaning further back in the recliner as his date Angela smiles gently at him. Her golden tresses lie gently caressing her bare shoulders as she adjusts her blue tube top. “Now I know why, man I never knew that was the secret behind Victoria but don’t remind me, that’s a bit a scary.” He smirks, leaning close to Angela who looked lovely in a simple pair of white capri pants and navy blue top.

Angela laughs heartily, her light eyes glimmer in delight, “Well men are always curious whenever I tell them I used to work there.”

“And I can see why.” Howie smirks, noticing that Brian and Kevin were eying them with a huge smirk on their faces. “Haha, guys you can come out. I know you’re looking at us.”

“Hey I had to make sure nothing wild was happening here, this furniture is still on rental at the moment.” Kevin teases, his emerald eyes glittering with joy as he and Brian step out and greet Angela.

Angela laughs and stands up from the sofa, grabbing her small navy jean tote bag, “Well guys, it was nice being here. But I have to head back to my place, my mother is visiting and I have to make sure the house is spotless.”

Howie smirks, his eyes explaining her slim figure as she opens the front door. “Oh , well how about I drop you off?”

Angela giggles softly as she opens the front door, “I’m not sure we might not make it back if you come with me.” She teases, pouting her lips, blowing a kiss at Howie’s direction using her hand.

Howie grins and waves bye, watching her slowly ease her way out of the threshold. Once the door closes, he could hear A.J.’s comments.

“Damn, you ain’t hit that yet?” A.J. grins widely.

The other guys groan as A.J. looks up innocently, “Oh what? Come on, like it wasn’t running through your minds either.”

“Shut up Alex.” Kevin chuckles, pushing the smaller man on the shoulder.

“Hey it’s quiet in this house, where’s blondie?” A.J. asks, stretching his arms over head.

Kevin shrugs, “Weren’t you the last hanging with him?”

Brian smirks, “Na, that was me and D. Nicky went out to practice some moves. Guess he didn’t come back yet.”

A.J. narrows his eyes, a smile appearing on his face, “That’s right, didn’t he go to this chick’s place?”

“What girl?” Kevin asks curiously.

“Genesis, that’s who.” A.J. smiles, making his way out of the den and into the back porch.

Kevin glances at Brian and Howie who simply shrug their shoulders. “Oh ok. Well he better come back, it’s already late.”

“The girls probably are entertaining him.” Howie said innocently, hearing Brian take a sharp intake of air. “But not in that way, cause you know Nick wouldn’t do them like that…Oh no that’s not what I meant, I mean you Nick is a good guy and…”

Kevin smiles, “It’s alright. Don’t worry about it. Nick is a grown man and he’s not alone, he’s with Nadia and Genesis and he’ll be alright.” And with that, he escapes to the back porch to join A.J.

“Man, Kevin is twisted over that girl.” Brian whispers, shaking his head.

Howie smirks, “Twisted?”

“Oh yeah, hanging out with Nick is starting to show huh?” Brian smirks.

“Big time.”

“Oh, wonder what Nick is doing now with Genesis though?”

Howie’s grin spreads on his tan cheeks, “Maybe you don’t want the answer to that.”

Brian crinkles his nose and chuckles, “Yeah, you’re right. I don’t. But how is miss Angela?”

Howie raises his eyebrows and smirks, “Well gee, you can answer that, you were watching us with Kevin.”

“Hey that was Kevin’s idea, he wanted to see if you got any nookie so he could take a picture and blackmail ya.” Brian grins, wiggling his eyebrows.

Howie burst out in laughter, his eyes twinkling in laughter, “You guys are too much.”
~*~

Nick winces as Genesis dabs his wound on his temple with an alcohol dipped cotton ball.

“Sorry.” Genesis whispers, gently running her fingertips on the small cut. “You lucky it isn’t a serious thing. The temple is a dangerous place to get hit at.”

Nick smiles, “Lucky for me, I moved away enough from muscle man’s hit.”

“See, you are a lucky charm. I knew that name Luckie would come in handy.” Genesis whispers softly, her light eyes trailing over Nick’s face. He gazes back at her, smiling as she suddenly feels a flush on her face. Clearing her throat, she backs away and tosses the dirty cotton ball in a small trash can. “So, ummm… what’s with the visit? Did you miss me that much that it couldn’t wait till tomorrow?”

Nick smirks as Genesis places a cotton gauze over the wound, placing a small stick of tape to hold it in place.

“Actually, I didn’t think you’d be here since you said you might be doing stuff.” Nick’s eyes rolls to the bathroom threshold as he continues, “Or doing people the way I saw outside.”

Genesis sighs heavily, “You don’t know the story, it’s not even like that.”

“Really? Cause from what it looked like outside, the dude seems to have the impression you guys are dating.”

Genesis closes the medical kit, placing it back in the bathroom medical cabinet. “That’s what he thinks. It’s a longer story though.”

“Well by the looks of it, I have all night.” Nick smirks, standing up: leaning over Genesis, his arm brushes pass her neck as he closes the cabinet close for her.

“All night?” Genesis whispers as her cheeks blushing a terrible red. She was caught off guard.

“Well yeah, you don’t expect me to go back to my cabin with no lights on the road now do ya? You still need a living dance partner right, cause if not then my body will be lying on the road near IS23.” Nick jokes, seeing a smile from Genesis.

Sighing, Genesis shakes her head, “I wasn’t expecting company over, but I guess I’ll have to find a bed for ya.”

“That’s alright, I can take the sofa. I don’t mind.” Nick states, heading out of the bathroom. Once he exits the room, Genesis smirks and waves.

“I’ll be right with ya, I gotta use the bathroom now.” She smiles, closing the door. She goes over to the porcelain sink, taking a deep breath. She looks at her reflection and laughs softly. “What the hell is happening to me? I don’t even know the guy, how could I feel anything for him? Damn, if he wasn’t so good looking, this would be easier.” She whispers, splashing cold water on her face. Once she was done, she exits the bathroom and joins Nick and Nadia who just came in.

“Hey guys.”

Nadia looks up from the sofa and grins brightly, a sparkle in her eyes, “Well hiya Gen. Oh don’t worry about Aries, the police just got here and are arresting our macho man as we speak.”

“Good. We can get rid of that trouble already.”

“Yup, so…” Nadia trails off, shutting her lips before any of her thoughts about Genesis and Nick slides out.

“Uhhhh, is it alright if I can get something to drink?” Nick softly asks, his ocean eyes trailing over Genesis.

Genesis clears her throat and smiles, “Sure, I’ll go get it…”

“Na, that’s alright, I’ll do it. Gen you should stay with company, I’ll be right back with something for our guest.” Nadia races off without hearing Genesis’s response.

Nick smiles, shaking his head, “Is she aight?”

“Not really, but that isn’t anything new.” Genesis grins, flopping into a sofa across from him.

“Ohh ok. Aries is the guy’s name huh?” Nick asks, gazing around the small beach house.

“Yeah.” She whispers, adjusting in the couch uncomfortably.

“Well, I guess I can’t wear this shirt to sleep, it has some blood on it.” Nick tugs on the collar of his green t-shirt.

Genesis smiles, “I think I have an extra large tank top you can wear if you want.”

“It has flowers on it doesn’t it?” Nick smirks, his eyes glittering playfully.

Genesis laughs, “Actually you’re quite the lucky one indeed, it’s a plain tank top. It’s a big size cause I was suppose to get it for Nadia’s homeboy, but the size was wrong. But for you, I’m sure it fits.”

Nick nods, “Aight cool. I’m curious. Were you blushing back in the bathroom?”

Genesis burst out in a nervous laughter, “What?! Oh no, please don’t flatter yourself. I was just warm in there, that’s all. My skin is sensitive so it can be flushed every one in while.”

Nick nods, hiding a huge smile that was apparent on his face. “Oh ok.”

Suddenly Nadia enters the den with a small tray, placing a cup of glass water in front of Nick on the coffee table and a small pack of crackers. “Want a cracker?”

Nick glances up at her and smirks, “You funny right?”

Nadia laughs and places a small tube of jelly. “Oh what? I need to have my fun too.” Waving a salty cracker in front of him.

Genesis ignores the racial joke and sighs, lost in thought. She feels a poke in her ribs as Nadia’s dark eyes gaze at her. “Well you left us for moment there. Welcome back.”

“Glad to be back.” Genesis smiles, taking a sip from her cup. “Well maybe I should find some blankets and stuff so you don’t have to sleep like that on the sofa.”

“Say huh?” Nadia speaks up, curiosity swelling in her eyes.

“Oh I’m staying over. Its ok with Gen, I hope you don’t mind.” Nick gently states, munching on a jelly covered cracker.

Nadia giggles, “You staying over? Not a prob at all. You know what, I don’t think its right that you should sleep on the couch, after all you took a beating for us, I say you deserve the bed, riiiiiight Gen?” She smirks, staring at Genesis who gazes at back at her annoyed.

“The bed? Na, it’s your place. I’ll take the sofa.” Nick states, wiping off the crumbs from his lips. “Besides it would feel too weird sleeping in one of your beds.”

Nadia chuckles, “Well you can take my bed, I don’t mind. That way you won’t feel so weird sleeping in Gen’s bed.” She giggles hearing Genesis growl nearby her.

Nick laughs, “The sofa’s fine. Thanks.”

Genesis lets out a deep breath in relief, silently thanking Nick for not accepting Nadia’s ploys. She heads to the closet and pulls out a pillow and blanket, watching Nick stand up.

“If you girls excuse me, I’m going to the bathroom.” Nick quickly heads to the bathroom. Once the door closes, Genesis growls loudly, slowing heading towards Nadia. “I’m going to kill you now.”

Nadia laughs, her raven curls toppling over her shoulders, “Oh come on! You know you want him in bed and you’re moving too slow. I figured I help ya out. Man you so ungrateful.” She smirks, placing her hands on her hips.

Genesis narrows her light eyes, shaking her head, “Are you crazy? The only reason why I let him stay cause he claim he couldn’t head back since the roads are too dark to travel on. So I let him stay.”

“HA! Girl, he was testing you! Don’t you know the game? The boy was trained, he knows his game, now he’s waiting to see if you take the bait!”

“Oh shut it. You don’t know what happened. It was all innocent. It meant nothing.”

“Yeah, sure. What exactly did he say?” Nadia prods, taking a pillow and setting it up on the sofa.

“I just told ya, he said he has all night and…”

Nadia breaks into a laugh, “Oh God, all night indeed! You go girl!”

Genesis growls and hits Nadia over the head with the pillow on the sofa. Nadia gasps and runs to grab another pillow that toppled on the floor from the closet. “Punk!” She laughs and swings her pillow around, aiming for Genesis but as she lifts the pillow up, she smacks Nick in the face with it.

“Ahh!” Nick muffles out, backing away as both women blush a warm deep red.

“Sorry!” Both women respond in unison, giggling.

Nick smirks, shaking his head. “I’m afraid to ask what was happening here.” And he leans down to pick up a red pillow, tossing it from one hand to another.

“Oh just the ritual pillow fight. Would you like to join us?” Nadia smirks.

Nick grins, “Uh ok, sounds like fun.”

“Great!” Genesis giggles, slamming her pillow on Nick’s arm.

“Hey!” Nick laughs as he chases after her, hitting Nadia along the way. Nadia grins and slowly slips out of the room, heading into her bedroom and locking it.

“Oh when I’m bad, I’m so bad.” Nadia smirks, tossing her raven locks behind her as she dust her hands off, “Mission done. Now for the magic to set in.” She giggles and settles in her bed, hearing the other two in the den race around in laughter.
~*~

He calls again and no answer, “Pick up Nick.” Kevin grumbles, drumming his fingers on the desktop.

Howie grins, shaking his finger at him.

“What does that mean?” Kevin grumbles.

“That don’t bother. He’s not gonna pick up Kev.” Howie states, sipping on a cold beverage in his hands.

Kevin sighs, “And you say this because?”

“Dude, he’s with two hot women, do you really think he’s gonna answer the phone. Dammit, I knew I should have went with him.” A.J. murmurs from the sofa, stretched out with an arm thrown over his eyes.

Brian chuckles, shifting in his seat from the sofa across from where A.J. is resting.

“So, he can answer the phone. Its not like things are happening. Nadia is a respectful woman.” Kevin stops, gazing at the black mobile phone in his hand.

“And Genesis isn’t?” A.J. sits up, knowing he was digging in deep to Kevin’s emotions.

Kevin remains silent and glances at the wall clock. “Look if any of you guys hear from Nick, let me know. And if he isn’t back by the morning, I’m gonna send A.J. to find him.” He indicts, pointing at the tattooed man.

A.J. fakes a smiles, “Ahh, gee thanks buddy.”

“Night.” Kevin waves to the others, entering his bedroom as he locks the door behind him.

“Ohhhhh, Nick is getting some, I just know it.” A.J. teases, as the other two men laugh.
~**~

**~To Be Continued…~**