- Text Size +
Chapter 15

Nick continued to look out the window of his room. Brian still hadn't shown up yet and he was wondering what was taking him so long. He kind of wanted Brian to be there because he knew that he could trust him with anything and he wanted that safety right now. Nick sighed as his attention began to wonder from the window.

"Nick," he heard and then turned to see Brian standing there.

"Hi Bri," he replied.

"I have some of your clothes here for you like you asked," Brian explained.

"Thanks, I'm gonna be here awhile," Nick answered.

"Do you really think it's going to take you a long time to get over this?"

"I've only been here an hour, tops, and already it's kinda gettin to me," Nick explained, "It's already getting tough for me to stay calm. My hands are starting to shake and I'm getting really nervious man."

"You're going to get through it. Your doctor stopped me to talk and that's why I didn't get here sooner, but she said that she's going to do everything in her power to make sure that you get better again."

"What is she going to do about my nerves? She has no control over that! What is she going to do about my hands, or anything else I might go through? Brian I don't know if I can do this."

"That's your part man. You have to stay strong and be tough. You're in the right place to go through this, they know what to do about all of it. So just relax and let everyone here help you. That's what they're here for."

"I know but I'm scared," Nick confessed.

"It's alright to be scared, but we're all here for you. We'll come by and give you support if you want, if you think that will help. I'm sure that none of us will mind dropping by here to give you support, we care man. We want to get you out of here as soon as possible too, but that's going to depend on how fast you get better. Don't rush it man 'cause we don't wanna have to send you here again," Brian replied.

"I know," Nick said softly, "and I'll try not to rush it."

"I brought you your gameboy so that you can keep your mind occupied. Or maybe just to help pass the time, I'm not really sure but I thought that you might need it."

"Thanks, I think I'm going to need it," Nick joked with a slight laugh.

"I figured," Brian answered after laughing slightly.

"Don't be a stranger around here," Nick said seriously, "tell the other guys I want to see them too something. I have a feeling I'm going to need to."

"Yeah no problem," Brian answered, "don't worry, we've all been making sure that we fit in time to come and see you, but of course, thats the most important thing right now."

"I love you man," Nick said walking over to give Brian a hug, "and I'm sorry about everything that I did."

"It's alright Nick," Brian answered as he stepped away from Nick, "I'm going to have to go now but I'll be checking on you, count on it."

"Before you go, did you talk to Kerry after I left?" Brian took a deep breath and let his eyes drift to the floor.

"Just leave her alone for now," Brian replied, "she needs that alright?"

"Yeah, alright," Nick answered, dissapointed.

"I'll be seeing you man," Brian said and Nick nodded. Brian sighed and walked out of the room. Nick walked over to the bag that Brian had brought for him. He picked it up and walked it over to his side of the room. He sighed and then started to put his stuff away where Mark had showed him.

"Your friend came huh?" Mark asked as he watched Nick put away his stuff.

"Yeah," Nick answered.

"That's cool. It looks like he brought you everything that you're gonna need," he replied looking over at Nick.

"Yeah."

"Don't want to talk right now?" he asked, "I mean I could leave you alone for a little while if you want. I could use a walk anyway." When Nick didn't answer, Mark nodded, "alright, I'll be back later."

"Wait," Nick said suddenly.

"Whatcha need?"

"Help," Nick replied with his hand going to his chest, "get a doctor."

"Alright man. I'll be right back, it's going to be alright," he said to Nick as he ran into the hallway, "I need a doctor over here quick!"
"What's happening?" Nick asked as he lowered himself to sit on the bed. "I don't know," Mark answered nerviously, "does anyone hear me? I need a fucking doctor over here now!"

"Is this what it's like to die?" Nick asked, his voice becoming weaker.

"Woah, you aren't gonna die on me alright," Mark said sternly, "I see a doctor, he's on his way over here. He's going to help you. It's going to be alright."

"What happened in here?" the doctor asked.

"I don't know, Nick just suddenly started to get like this," Mark explained as the doctor walked over to Nick and took a quick glance over him.

"We're going to need an ambulance for room 218," the doctor said into his radio, "and we need it right now."