- Text Size +
Chapter 2

Nick opened his eyes to find himself in his bedroom with his head pounding. He didn't remember anything about last night much longer after he had reached the club. He remained on the bed trying to think back to see if he could remember anything about the night before and that's when he heard the crying. Slowly he sat up from the bed and he looked over at the bathroom which was held shut by a chair. He stood up and walked over to the door.

"Baby are you alright?" Nick asked with his voice sore and dry. He moved the chair and opened the door. He found his girlfriend sitting in the corner crying with her head in her lap. He walked over to her and put his hand on her shoulder.

"Get the fuck off of me," she yelled. Nick pulled his hand away and then sat down on the floor next to her.

"What happened?" he asked.

"Oh like you don't fucking know," she yelled refusing to look up at him.

"Baby I don't. I don't remember anything," he answered her, "so please tell me what happened," he told her and put his hand back on her shoulder.

"I told you to get the fuck off of me," she yelled again and Nick once again took his hand back.

"Honey look at me," he said noticing that she had yet to lift her face.

"No," she answered him.

"Please, I want to talk to you but you need to look at me," he explained to her. Slowly she looked up at him. He silently gasped when he saw the bruses on her face. She had a black eye and cuts all over her face. He shut his eyes tightly, quietly praying that he hadn't done that to her.

"Yeah Nick, you did it," she said as if she had read his thoughts, "and you raped me too. You tried to strangle me." Nick kept his eyes shut as he took in what she said. He had raped her and abused her. What the fuck led to that?

"Why did I come after you?" Nick asked opening his eyes and looked back at her.

"I told you I was leaving for the night because you were drunk. Then you tried to talk me into having sex with you but I told you no then you forced yourself on me," she told him crying. Nick leaned over to hug her. He put his arms around her but she pulled herself away from him. "I don't want you to fucking touch me."

"Baby," he said, "look, last night was an accident. I didn't know what I was doing. Please tell me that you aren't leaving."

"Nick this wasn't the first time you came home drunk and fucking came after me. It was just the other times I was able to get away from you. Last night you overpowered me. And if you really think that I'm going to stay...," she said standing up from the floor and then walked into the master bedroom," you're crazy."

"Come on, it won't happen again," Nick said to her as she pulled out a bag and then started to put her clothes into it.

"Damn straight because I'm leaving," she answered him, "I'm not going to stay in a relationship with you because every night you go out get drunk and come back here and attack me. I don't know why I stuck around this long, maybe I thought that you could change, but I was wrong. You're never going to change."

"Baby, you've got me wrong," he said to her, "I can change. I just didn't want to before because I didn't think that I was hurting anyone. Baby please don't leave me. I love you I need you."

"Well Nick you should have thought about that before you went out last night and got as fucking drunk as you did."

"I thought I could handle it," he said to her taking her arm into his hand.

"Get off of me," she said pulling her arm out of his hand, "I don't care what you thought because it was wrong and if you think that there is anything that you can say to make me stay then you've completely lost it."

"Marry me," he said desperately. She dropped her bag and laughed.

"You can't be serious," she said looking at him, crossing her arms in front of her chest. Nick stood there and looked at her seriously.
"I am. So what do you say?" he asked.

"I say you're fucking stupid," she answered and then picked up her bag and then started to walk out of the bedroom. Nick followed hehind her as she started to walk down the stairs.

"Come on, I'm serious," he said to her pleadingly.

"That's what you think," she answered as she kept walking, "you're just saying that because you want me to stay but I've already told you I'm not. Besides, you'll just end up in another club tonight and come home the same way you did last night."

"No, I wanted to spend the day with you and talk about what happened. Ya know and maybe work things out."

"No, there isn't anything to work out. I don't want to be with you. I don't want any kind of relationship with you. You've caused so much more shit than you're worth," she told him as she put her bag in the car.

"Kerry," he said softly, "don't leave me like this." She leaned over and lightly kissed his cheek.

"I wish I could say it's been fun," she said as she opened the door of her car and took off. Nick just stood there and watched her car go into the distance.

"Fuck," he said when he couldn't see her car any more. He turned and walked back into his house. He walked into the living room with anger building inside of him. He looked around the living room and started to take his anger out on the furnature. Throwning things down to the floor, swinging at lamps and screaming at no one.

Then Nick decided to go into the kitchen. He needed to do something about his mood. When he walked into the kitchen, he looked around and then walked to the frige. He opened the door and reached in a grabbed a beer and then closed the door. Then just as he went to open the bottle, he looked at it and then placed it on the table.

"That's what got me here in the first place," Nick mumbled then walked out of the ktichen and to the stairs. He sighed as he walked up to his bedroom. He looked around, Kerry had taken most of her stuff. It had only been a few minutes but he missed her already. He did love her, and she knew that. It was just that sometimes he did things like that, but he never ment it and last night was the worst of it all. He had never hurt her like that before and he felt horrible about it.

Nick decided to take a shower so he walked into the bathroom and looked over to where she had been sitting when he opened the door. He sighed and turned the water on in the shower. Then he walked over to the medicine cabinet and opened the mirror. He reached in and grabbed a bottle. Then he opened it and put a few of the pills in his mouth and the shut his eyes and let his head fall to the mirror. He took in a deep breath as the pills began to take effect and his mind started to wonder from the real world and into his own little universe.

"I'm lying here on the floor where you left me,
I think I took too much. I'm crying here what
have you done? I thought it would be fun."
~P!nk "Just Like A Pill"