- Text Size +
Chapter 27

Brian walked up the stairs to Nicks bedroom. It was crazy bringing Kerry over right now. Nick had just gone through some sort of break down and he wasn't completely ready to handle what might happen. Kerry wasn't exactly thrilled about what had happened and he knew that she wasn't going to be coming to make things better. That would be just crazy. Brian opened the door to see Nick laying in the bed, all balled up. It seemed as if he thought being like that would bring him some sort of protection from the world.

"Nick," Brian said softly, but he didn't move. Brian sighed, but continued to talk to Nick anyway, "AJ's on his way over. He's bringing Kerry with him." Nick slowly moved from his position and turned to look at Brian. He had a look of happiness and confussion written all over his face. Happiness because he really wanted to see her again and confussion because he had thought that she never wanted to see him again.

"Seriously?" Nick asked, his voice coming out weak and sore. His screaming and yelling before had caued that. Dispite several attempts by Brian, Nick just wouldn't stop screaming.

"Yeah man. They're going to be here in a few minutes," Brian answered. He hoped that this meeting would bring both of them some peace. That's what they both needed the most. Some sort of closure.

"Did she say what she wanted to talk about?" Nick asked, almost fearfully.

"No, but don't worry. I don't think that it's going to be bad. She wouldn't be coming to see you right now if it was," Brian replied hoping that what he said had indeed been what Kerry planed to do when she arrived. It almost seemed hard to believe after all this girl had gone through. All at Nicks hands at that. Brian could almost feel in his heart that since Kerry was a kind enough person that things wouldn't be as bad as he feared they might be.

Brian walked out of the room, shutting the door behind him. He figured that Nick should be alone with his thoughts for the time being. That kid had been through so much turmoil that for a moment Brian thought that they weren't going to be able to pull him through it. He thanked God for giving Nick the strength to pull through at this time. It was all so hard for him. There was no way that Brian could even imagine feeling a fraction of the pain, hurt and so many other emotions that Nick was going through. It seemed almost like torture, but it couldn't be because Nick was really a kind person, he just things get a little out of control.

Brian jumped at the sound of the doorbell echoing through the house. It was the moment that he in a way dreaded. He just didn't want this to end up being a bad experience for either of them. Brian gripped the doorknob, at first not wanting to open it, but quickly he turned the knob and pulled open the door. He was shocked at the sight of Kerry to say the least. If it was possible, she looked almost as bad as Nick did.

"Kerry, how are you?" Brian said as he stepped aside allowing AJ and Kerry to come into the house. AJ hadn't warned him about Kerry.

"About as okay as I can be," she replied as she stepped into the livingroom. Her eyes roamed around the familiar room. She and Nick had spent some really fun times in there with Brian and Leighanne.

"Kerry, I just want to tell you if you're here to say something that might hurt Nick please don't," Brian asked kindly, "I know AJ told you about his break down so I can guess that you can understand that if you say something to hurt him it might push him over the edge."

"I'm not here to be mean Brian," she informed, "so where is he?"

"Second door to the left at the top of the stairs," he directed.

"Okay, I'm going to go talk to him alone if you guys don't mind," she stated as she began her journey up the stairs.

"AJ, what the hell were you thinking?" Brian asked quietly.

"She said that she still loves him Brian. I couldn't say no," AJ answered seriously.

"Nick?" Kerry said as she opened the door. Nick was sitting on the bed staring at her in shock. She stared at him for a moment. Surprised by how much he had changed. It was almost scary to look at him.

"Kerry I can't believe you wanted to talk to me," he said with his voice still weak.

"Shhhh Nick, I can tell you've hurt your throat," she said with a small smile on his face, she was always the one that took care of him when he was sick. So why should now be any different? "I've been thinking about you."

"I have to, I really missed you," he told her. She walked over to the bed and sat down at the edge. She looked deep into Nicks eyes. The samething was there that was present when she fell in love. That assured her that she was doing the right thing.

"I've missed you to Nick," she confessed as she moved closer to him, "and I still love you. Even after what you did to me. I just can't seem to get over you."

"God I love you too," Nick said as he wrapped his arms around Kerry and pulled her tight. Never wanting to let her go again. The fact that she wanted to talk to him had taken him by surprise but what she was saying to him right now really blew him away. Soon the two of them were laying on the bed, holding each other.

"All this time I've been thinking about you. Hoping that you would be okay," she said as she started to cry. She didn't know whatelse she should do, "I was so scared for you."

"I thought that you hated me," Nick whispered.

"No matter how hard I tried to hate you, I just couldn't. I tried and I tried, but I just can't seem to make myself fall out of love with you. Do you know how many times I wished I had you there telling me that everything was going to be alright? As stupid as that sounds, it's what I wanted. Love makes you do some crazy things and this Nick, is by far, the craziest shit that I've ever done. I never once considered forgiving someone that hurt me like you did. I never even understood why people did that until now," she explained.

"You did know that I never meant to hurt you like that. I just had a lot of shit messin with me that I was just so lost. The last thing I wanted to do was hurt you," Nick assured her.

"I know Nick, but in order to make this work, you're going to have to give all that up," she warned, "the drinking, the drugs. It all has to go."

"It's on its way out as we speak," he whispered to her. Nick was completely overcome by his emotions. She still loved him, even after all of that. That's when he realized that this relationship was the real thing. This was the woman that he was going to be with forever.

"Good," she replied as he held onto Nick even tighter. She never wanted to lose him again. Most people would have thought that she was absouletly insane but she didn't give a damn about any of them. She was going to be happy with Nick and that's all she needed.