- Text Size +
Chapter 3

"Nick man wake up," Nick heard as he felt someone tapping his face lightly. He didn't open his eyes, he felt like that he didn't even have the strength to do even that.

"Maybe we should call 911, he might need an ambulance," someone else said. The voices were familiar to him. He knew who these people were yet he still couldn't open his eyes.

"Yeah, sounds like a good idea," another one answered and then Nick heard him dialing the number but he must have walked out of the room because he didn't hear him talking again.

"What do you think happened?" one of them asked.

"I think only Nick knows that."

"Where am I?" Nick asked.

"Nick, are you alright?" he was asked when he opened his eyes. He saw the fuzzy outline of Brian.

"Yeah, I'm fine," he answered, "but where am I?"

"Home," Brian answered with a worried look on his face.

"What happened kid?" Kevin asked and knelt down by Nicks side. Nick blinked a couple of times trying to see them clearer but everything was still fuzzy to him.

"Is Kerry here?" he asked sitting up but getting dizzy and then Kevin pushed him back down onto the floor lightly with his hand.

"No, she was gone when we got here," AJ answered from the distance.

"Shit," he said and closed his eyes again.

"What happened to her Nick?" Brian asked, concerned.

"She left me," he answered.

"Why? What happened?" Kevin asked.

"I think I have an idea," AJ said. Both Kevin and Brian looked at AJ who was standing at the door way of the bathroom. Just then, Howie walked into the bathroom and saw that Nick was awake.

"He's alright," Howie said, "should I cancel the ambulance?"

"No," AJ answered, "he might need it."

"I'm fine," Nick protested.

"Then why don't you stand up?" AJ asked. When Nick tried to sit up, Kevin made him lay back on the floor.

"Don't try to get up Nick," he ordered, "so now why don't you tell us what the hell happened in here?"

"Nothing, she was pissed that I came home and I was a little drunk. That's all, she got mad at me this morning and she left. That's when I came up here to take a shower."

"You didn't make it there buddy," Brian told him, "what did you do to yourself?"

"Nothing," Nick answered quickly.

"Then what are these?" AJ asked handing walking over to hand the bottle to Brian. Brian looked down at it then up at Nick.

"Nick these can kill you," Brian yelled, "how many did you take?"

"I don't know a few," he answered.

"Who gave you these?"

"A friend of mine at the club, but chill Brian. There's nothing bad about them."

"Nothing bad?" Brian yelled, "you must have collapsed after you took them. When we got here you were out cold. What the hell is wrong with you?"

"This was the first time that this happened. I must have taken too much, usually I'm alright. That was it, just leave me alone awhile and I'll be fine. Don't worry about it."

"The ambulance is here," Howie said while looking out of the window, "I'm going to go downstairs and let them know that we are up here."

"I'll go with you D," AJ answered and the two of them walked into the bedroom and out into the hallway.

"What was that?" Howie asked, "what Nick took."

"Drugs, it's popular in clubs and stuff," AJ explained, "it's kinda like extacy but its not. Though it can fuck him up just as bad."
"So what do you think happened?"

"Nick overdosed," AJ said to him seriously, "we're up here," AJ called down to the paramedics. Howie didn't say anything else. The paramedics followed AJ and Howie into the bathroom where Nick was still laying.

"You gentalman are going to have to back away," one of them said to Kevin and Brian. Brian nodded and they stood up and walked over to where Howie and AJ were waiting in the bedroom. They watched as they took Nick out.

"Come on, let's go to the hospital," AJ told them and walked out of the bedroom. Brian was the first to follow and soon the others joined them down stairs. They went to the hosptal in the car that they had driven to Nicks house in in complete silence.

Once at the hospital they were told to wait because doctors were looking over Nick. While in the waiting room, no one said anything to each other. They just sat back and let everything sink in. There were only glances shot towards one another. Everytime someone went to say something, they didn't. No matter what anyone had to say, it felt like now was the wrong time.

They waitied and they waitied. No one moved and the time seemed to drag on forever. Just when they thought that things weren't able to get any worse. That was when the doctor walked in to greet them.