- Text Size +
Chapter 5

"J what happened?" Brian asked as he watched AJ storm out of Nicks hospital room with anger.

"Nothing that I should be too angry at," AJ answered, "I mean I should have known that he wasn't going to see things how we saw it."

"That he needs help?" Kevin asked.

"Yeah," AJ told him relaxing a bit, "and by the way, he hates the fact that he has to be baby sat and that's why I'm definately going to take first watch."

"I thought that you weren't too crazy about that idea yourself," Howie commented.

"I'm not, but I just think if he would listen to me, I could help him. I mean I know a lot of the tricks and stuff so he won't be able to get away with a lot, if anything."

"I don't know if you should put yourself in that situation," Brian told him, "I don't think that it would be a good idea just yet."

"Rok, I'm fine. You don't have to worry about me. I'm happy and I'm not going to do anything to fuck that up," AJ informed him, "so relax."

"Yeah I know you'll be alright," Brian replied, "just lookin out for ya."

"I'm going to go to Nicks and get rid of everything that could mess him up," AJ said to them, "D you wanna come?"

"Um, sure," he answered.

"You guys talk to Nick maybe you can talk some sence into him. Me and D are going to make sure that this doesn't happen again," AJ said as he started to walk out of the hospital with Howie right behind him.

"So what are we going to do?" Howie asked.

"Get rid of all the pills and shit in the house. Anything that could fuck him up. Any kind of temptation isn't good at all. Ya know what I'm saying?" AJ asked.

"Yeah I get it."

"Good."

Once they were at Nicks house, AJ stepped out the car and walked up to the front door. It was a good thing that they had been at his house otherwise the door might have been locked. AJ opened the front door and walked inside. Howie was close behind him.
"I'm going to go upstairs and get rid of the drugs," AJ said, "you stay down here and dump anything with alcohol in it."

"Yeah no problem," he replied and then walked off to the kitchen. AJ walked up the stairs and through Nicks bedroom and into his bathroom. He picked up the bottle that had been dropped on the floor when they left for the hospital. AJ opened it and emptied the contents into the toilet. He then went to the medicine cabinet and started to do the samething with every bottle that was in there. In the back of his mind, he had the feeling that Nick had slipped some stuff into some of these other things.

Once all the bottles had been emptied, AJ flushed the toliet. He watched as it all went down the drain then he walked into the bedroom. He looked around the room to see if there was any place that Nick could have hidden anything. He walked over to the closet and started to go through the shoe boxes that lay in there. Once he felt that he had done a good enough search, he moved on to the next one. When he had gone through them all, he hadn't found anything. Which was a slight relief. Then AJ started to look through the draws of Nicks dresser. Again, he found nothing. He decided to go down stairs and see how Howie was making out. AJ walked into the kitchen to see Howie emptying bottles.

"I got everything upstairs," AJ said to him.

"I'm working on the last of it down here," Howie answered.

"Yeah, but just incase, we might want to take a look around the house and see if he hid anything. As far as I can tell there isn't anything else in the house. I went through his room and I didn't find anything else. That bottle we found might have been his only fix."

"Okay, I'm almost done," Howie told him.

"I'm going to take a look around while you finish up," AJ told him then walked out of the kitchen and into the livingroom. There really wouldn't be too many places for Nick to hide anything in here since there was a chance that Kerry might find it or anyone that came into his house. AJ walked over to the entertainment center and started to open the doors and look around, just incase. Nothing.
Once he had done a check of the living room, he started to check all around the house. He checked the other bathrooms in the house but there wasn't anything in any of them. There was nothing in the guest bedrooms. As a matter of fact, there wasn't anything else in the whole house.

"You find anything?" Howie asked when he saw AJ walking into the living room.

"No nothing. We got everything that he had," AJ answered, "maybe we should call Rok and let him know that we cleaned out Nicks place."

"You think he's still at the hospital?"

"I don't know. Call his cell and lets see," AJ replied. Howie pulled out his cell phone and dialed Brians cell phone number.
"Brian," Howie said, "it's Howie and AJ."

"How'd it go?" Brian asked.

"We cleaned everything out. AJ went through the whole house but we didn't find anything else other than what we knew about," Howie told him.

"You guys checked everywhere?"

"Yeah, there isn't anything in the house at all."

"Gimmie the phone D," AJ said and Howie nodded and passed him the phone.

"Rok, there isn't as much as an asprin in the house. I got rid of everything. When they let Nick out of the hospital, he can come back here and he won't find anything," AJ told Brian.

"You checked everywhere?"

"Yeah I did. I went through all the closets, bathrooms, and the livingroom, everything. D dumped all the drinks. This place is clean," he assured Brian, "are you still at the hospital?"

"Yeah, Kev's in with him right now. I tried talking to him but he just wouldn't listen to me, no matter what I told him. It was like he didn't care," Brian said then sighed.

"That's because right now he doesn't care," AJ told Brian, "none of this is bothering him because he thinks that as soon as he gets home, he's going to be able to go back to the way he was and once he see's that ain't fuckin happening, he might have some sence knocked into him."

"I just hate to see him like this," Brian confessed.

"I know, and so do I," AJ replied, "but we're going to help him. Like you guys helped me. So don't worry, he'll be alright, we just have to give him time."

"Things were different with you. You had said that you needed help, Nick doesn't seem to think that yet. What the hell can we do to help him if he doesn't work with us?"

"Rok, that's why I came here and did what I did. By keeping him clean is helping him. 'Cause if he goes back to that we've lost him completely. Don't worry man, we're going to get him through this even if we have to drag him kicking and screaming."

"It's gonna be rough," Brian commented.

"Yeah but you don't give up Rok. You were the biggest help for me and you're going to do the same for Nick. He just might need more of a push then I did, that's all," AJ told him.

"Yeah I know," Brian answered, "I'm going to let you go and see what I can do in there with Kev."

"Alright, good luck Rok," AJ replied.

"Yeah I'm going to need it," Brian said with a slight laugh.