- Text Size +
Chapter 6

AJ pulled into the parking lot of the hospital with Brian in the passanger seat. It had been three days since Nick had to go to the hospital and they were about to take him home for the first time. They had checked over Nicks house again just to make sure that they hadn't missed anything. After helping AJ, Brian had told him that he wanted to stay with the both of them because he thought in his heart that he might be able to help Nick get better. AJ agreed knowing that since Brian was Nicks best friend, having him around might help Nick come around faster.

"We're here Rok," AJ said to Brian. Brian smiled and looked over at AJ.

"I knew that," he answered with the smile slowly sliding off his face
.
"He's going to be alright ya know?" AJ said as he opened his car door and stepped out of the car.

"I wish I could believe that right now," he answered as he too stepped out of the car.

"Come on Rok, we did everything that we could to help him. All we gotta do now is keep him clean and everything is going to be alright," AJ said, hoping to make Brian feel better.

"Yeah well, I keep thinking that Nick is going to find away around what he did and then we're going to lose him again."

"Don't worry. We've been through every room in the house. There isn't anything anywhere that might hurt him. I told you, I even got rid of the asprin when me and D went through the place. There's nothing to worry about, as far as Nick starting again. But the mood swings and shit are going to be hell."

"Are we going to be able to handle that?" Brian asked as they began to get closer to the hospital.

"Yeah, I mean since there is two of us," AJ answered, "if anything, we got each others backs, but I doubt it'll come to that. Nick will probably be so down he won't do much until we can dig 'em out of it."

"What if we can't?"

"Rok, stop with the 'what if's' alright? Come on, there's four of us and one of him. Besides, there are a lot of doctors that we can take him to if things get too bad alright? So there is no need to worry."

"Yeah well, I see a pretty big damn reason to worry. This could cost Nick his life."

"Not anymore. Since all the drugs and shit are gone, there's nothing to worry about. We'll stay at Nicks side at all times. There will be no way that he's going to be able to hurt himself in anyway. I mean come on Rok, I know you, and I know for a fact that you wouldn't let him get any worse, so don't doubt yourself," AJ answered as they walked into the hospital.

"Look doctor, I don't need a fucking baby sitter alright?" Nicks screams came as AJ and Brian walked down the hallway. Brian looked over at AJ, but he just kept walking so Brian did too.

"Carter," AJ interupted, "get your ass over here right now. We're taking you home."

"Fuck you AJ. I don't need you to take me home. I can take myself home," he snapped.

"Really?" AJ asked, "I'd like to see that since you don't have your car and me and Rok are the only ones here that know the way to your house. So I would say that unless you let me and Rok drive, you sure as hell ain't goin' no where." Nick looked at AJ but didn't say anything.

"Fine, but as soon as I get home, you two better leave," Nick said storming through the hallway. Brian looked over at the doctor as if to tell him that they weren't going to leave Nick. When Brian turned back around, AJ was already headed down the hallway. He ran to catch up with him and stopped running when he was two steps behind him. When they arrived outside, Nick was standing there waiting for them.

"Your ride awaits you," AJ said as he walked out into the parking lot. Nick rolled his eyes then walked after the two of them.
"So Nick, how are you feeling?" Brian asked hoping to get Nick to open up to him. He wanted Nick to do that so bad that it almost hurt everytime that Nick pushed him away.

"Like I don't want to talk right now," he answered and then opened the door to the backseat of the car. Brian sighed and then opened the door to the passangers seat and then sat down. He looked over at AJ, who was looking back at him. AJ turned his head and then started the car then they were off. Once they were far enough away from the hospital, AJ attempted to talk to Nick.

"Nick, when you get home, me and Rok are gonna stay with you," AJ started and Nick turned to look in AJ's direction.

"Like I've said a million times, I don't need a fucking baby sitter," Nick snapped.

"You may think that you don't but the rest of us do. You're just going to have to get used to us being around cause there ain't nothing that you can do to make us leave," AJ answered him strongly.

"Fuck you AJ," Nick replied.

"Shut up Nick before you make this any worse! You did this to yourself Nick. All of this is happening because of what you did so don't give me any shit. You're the one that wanted to mess up his life. You knew what could have happened to you."

"Pretty strong words from a man who was in the same place I was a year ago. Wouldn't you say?" Nick asked full of anger.

"But you know what Nick? I got myself help, you're just getting yourself into more trouble so don't give me any fucking attitude! You were the one that willingly got yourself into all of after seeing what it did to me so you shouldn't be talking," AJ snapped back.
"Guys come on, don't do this. Don't make this miserable for all of us," Brian interupted and then turned to Nick, "Look Nick, we're just doing this to help you not to piss you off. We want to make sure that you're alright. We don't want anything to happen to you okay buddy?"

"Brian, I've been fine all this time. I don't need any help from anyone," Nick answered him.

"You were just in the hospital man. I don't think that's what you would call fine. You need help and weather you like it or not."

"Whatever," Nick answered as he sat back on the seat and looked out the window again. Taking himself away from Brian and AJ because he just didn't want to listen to them.