- Text Size +
Chapter 7

"Carter open this door right now!" Kevin yelled as he began to bang on the door. AJ looked over at him but wasn't really sure what to say.

"I've tried that," he finally said, "he's been like that since we got here. Don't worry, there isn't anything in there at all. I got rid of everything, even the asprin, everything."

"Yeah well, it's not good to let him stay locked inside," Kevin replied softly as he stopped banging on the door.

"I know that," he answered, "so what are we going to do now?"

"We have to get him out of there."

"How?"

"I say we break the door down," he answered as he started to look over the door, as if seeing how much strength it would take to knock down.

"Are you crazy Kev?" AJ asked.

"No, but can you think of any other way to get in there?"

"No but.."

"No but's AJ. We need to make sure that Nick isn't up to something. He doesn't need to be rushed to the hospital again."

"Fine," AJ said giving in, "lets give it a shot."

"I think I can take it down myself," Kevin said glancing at AJ, "it doesn't look like it was made to put up with someone slamming into it."

"You think," AJ mumbled under his breath.

"What was that?"

"Nothing, just hit the damn door already," AJ answered.

"Alright," Kevin replied, and then stepped away from the door,"1..2..3," he said and then he collided with the door, sending it flying open.

"What he fuck was that for?" Nick yelled when he turned and looked at Kevin and his now broken bed room door.

"Because you wouldn't open the god damn door," Kevin snapped.

"Can't I have any time to myself?" Nick asked.

"Not when you have your door locked and we can't get to you," AJ answered, "and especially when you don't answer us when we come up here."

"AJ stop giving me that shit," Nick yelled, "you're the last person that I want to hear it from."

"Why, because I know what the fuck I'm talking about?" AJ yelled back.

"AJ," Kevin said softly, "don't."

"Why shouldn't I? I don't see anyone else trying to talk some sence into him. I'm just..."

"Drop it AJ," Nick interupted, "you're just making this worse! You're treating me like a fucking baby! I don't want that. Did you ever think that this happened because I was sick of being treated like a fucking kid?"

"Nick relax," Kevin said hoping to clam Nick.

"No, and you're no fucking better either. Always barking orders, like you were my father or something. Well, I've got news for you Kevin, I'm not a baby and I don't need someone telling me what to do all the time!"

"You know I was just looking out for you," Kevin defended.

"Why didn't you ever let me look out for myself? I am capable of doing that, ya know! I can do things for myself and I can take care of myself. I don't need anyone telling me that everything I do is childish and that I should act my age. I'm just sick of it," Nick yelled.

"If you had grown up then we wouldn't have had to do all of that," Kevin snapped.

"Maybe I wasn't ready to grow up! Shit, I'm 22 years old. I don't think that I should be all that grown up alright?!"

"Nick," AJ said, "chill man. About what you're saying, Kev was tellin the truth. We just wanted to make sure that you ended up alright. I guess we kinda took it a little too far, but we didn't mean to. Come on, you're the little brother I never had, I didn't mean to do anything bad to you."

"Well you did," Nick said with tears starting to form in his eyes.

"Tell me what I did," AJ asked. Nick shook his head.

"Come on, you know," he answered.

"No I don't tell me Nick please.
"
"When you left," he said trying to hold back his emotion, "when you were drinking. I didn't know what to do. This all just happened and it made me feel better alright? It was just so much easier to do that and forget about it then to face the truth."

"You shouldn't have gone down the road that I did. I mean I know you saw what it did to me. What made you think that it wouldn't do the samething to you?"

"Nothing, it just made me forget about everything. Everything. I was just so stressed out about everything and I didn't know what else to do."

"It's okay man," AJ answered walking towards Nick, "but we're here to help you alright?"

"What's the use?" Nick asked, "I'm just going to mess everything up again. Don't waste your time, I'm not worth it."

"Yes you are Nick," Kevin said, "if we didn't think that me and AJ wouldn't be here right now. We wouldn't care about what happened, but we do okay?"

"No, I've already lost what I love the most," Nick said softly, "and she isn't coming back."

"What exactly did happen with Kerry?" AJ asked.

"I really don't remember," Nick answered, "I was so wasted that I really don't even remember coming home. When I woke up though, she was locked in the bathroom crying."

"You went to talk to her right?" Kevin asked.

"Of course I did. I wasn't about to leave her in there to cry herself to death," Nick responded.

"So what did she tell you?" AJ wondered. Nick looked over at AJ with his eyes filled with tears. He didn't want to say it, "What happened Kaos? You can tell us, no matter how bad it is."

"I raped her," he whispered in reply.

"Oh my god," Kevin responed, "Nick you didn't."

"I did," he answered with the realization hitting him along with rememberance of that night and then he whispered, "I'm starting to remember it now. What did I do to her? I'm such a fucking idiot." He rubbed the back of his neck and then fell onto the bed and shut his eyes.

"What do you remember?" AJ asked.

"I remember coming home and me and her got into an arguement after she had refused to come up here. I forced her down onto the couch and I started to take off her clothes. Then she relaxed and I lowered my guard and she was able to knock me off of her. She ran for the stairs, I went after her. I caught her and took her in here and threw her down onto the bed and I put my hands around her throat. She couldn't breathe and I let go. Then I turned her face down onto the bed and pulled her hair back so that she was facing me. She was crying so hard but I didn't stop. That's when I raped her," Nick explained with tears starting to roll down his cheeks, "and when I was finished, I locked her in the bathroom and that's where I found her the next morning."

"Nick, I don't know what to say," AJ said, breaking the silence that had fallen between the three of them after Nick had told them about what he did.

"It's not like you have to say anything. I did it to her," Nick replied with the tears still on his face and in his eyes. "I tried to apologise, but she wouldn't let me. I told her that it wouldn't happen again and she said that was because she was leaving. J, what am I supposed to do?"