- Text Size +
Chapter 12

Kevin looked around the hallway of the hospital. There was doctors in with AJ and they were told to wait outside until the doctor was done talking to AJ. It was probably about him almost being ready to go home. Kevin, as well as the others, had thought that he was well enough to be released days ago, but were forced to listen to the doctor when they said it was just to be safe. In that extra time they were able to see if the bullet had caused any damage that they may have missed at first glance. Which Kevin felt should have not gone over looked. Someones life was in the line.

AJ was lucky they told them. The bullet missed hitting anything by a fraction of an inch. If the bullet had hit any futher to the left or to the right, he may not have made it, or the damage done would have been so extent that AJ would never completely heal, if he was lucky enough to have survived the ride to the hospital. Hearing that made Kevin realize just how close they were to losing AJ. He wasn't only a fellow BackStreet Boy, but he was a friend, a brother.

"Doctor Johnson, how is he?" Kevin asked as the doctor walked out of the room.

"Healthy. I was going to release him tommrow, but I think that it would be okay to let him go home today. He seems to have almost completely healded. He does still have minor chest pains but I did perscribe him with something so that he can go about a normal life. The pains in his chest shouldn't last for too long, just get him checked up on every now and then and he should be alright," the doctor answered.

"Alright, thank you for everything," Brian stepped in, "is there anything that we should know about what he can and can't do physically?"

"He just has to take it easy for now. Nothing that might be to strenious should be forced on him at this point and time. He's informed me of his career and I've told him to not jump right back into it. He needs time to recover, physically, that will take no more than a month at the longest. As for emotionally, like I said before, just keep an eye on him, but from what I've seen, I don't think that he's emotionally damaged by this," the doctor answered.

"Again, thank you for all of your help," Brian responded, "so can we take him home now?"

"Yes, I'm going to inform the nurses, and have him formally released which should only take a couple minutes. Remember to keep an eye on him and make sure that if he's feeling any pain that he takes the medication and other than that, there isn't anything that you should know, but you can call me if you have any questions about his condition."

"Don't worry doctor, we will," Howie informed him, "and we'll take good care of him."

"I'm sure that you gentalmen will. Now go, he's waiting for you," the doctor told them. They headed straight for AJ's room and saw him standing by the window.

"Ready to go J?" Nick asked.

"I've been ready to go for the longest," he answered smiling.

"Guys, we should go now," Jack interupted. AJ nodded and walked out of the room without futher word. He wanted to get out of there more than anyone. The guys turned and left the room and were headed towards the back exit. They had come in that way to avoid any fans that may have found out what hospital AJ was at. When they got into the van, they were off to the hotel.

"So what's been going on since I've been gone?" AJ asked.

"Nothing really," Howie answered, "we've all been wondering when you were coming back. We just wanted things to go back to normal."

"Well you got your wish," AJ smiled. Brian looked over at them and smiled. He hadn't told Kevin and Howie about what Jack had told them about the man that had been killed. They already had a lot on their minds and this wouldn't make things any better. It hadn't helped Brian and Nick. It just made them more afraid. This guy may have been trained to kill.

"How you feeling Rok?" AJ asked and looked over at Brian.

"Alright. A lot better now that I know you're alright man," he answered. AJ smiled.

"You know me man, no one can keep me down for long. Not even this guy, who ever the hell he is. So, do you guys know anything new about what happened? Did the police say anything to you guys while I was in the hospital?" Jack looked over at Brian who said nothing.

"Nothing," Kevin answered, good old Kevin. Brian knew that AJ would have gotten the truth out of him somehow. He always knew just how to do that.

"That's not completely true," Jack mentioned.

"What do you mean?" Howie asked, "I thought you guys were telling us everything that you knew."

"You guys know almost everything. We didn't tell you that we indentified the man AJ found hanging," he told them.

"Why didn't you tell us?" Kevin asked.

"I was ordered not to tell you guys anything. I'm not supposed to be telling you this now, but I think that you guys should know. You remember about the new addition to security that we were supposed to have when we got here?" the guys nodded, "well the reason why he hasn't met up with us is because he was the one that was killed. He decided to come to the hotel before we arrived instead of after."

"Why didn't we know about this?" Kevin yelled.

"I told you, I wasn't supposed to talk about it."

"What about Carlos?" Kevin asked, "why didn't he tell us anything about this?"

"It was his idea to keep it from you. He didn't want you guys to worry."

"But we had the right to know," Howie added.

"I know and that's why I decided to tell you guys. I was sure that you were going to realize that this new guy didn't show and you would start asking questions and I told Carlos that I wasn't going to lie to you guys and he understood but told me not to tell you guys until you asked about it and if at that point I felt being truthful was the right thing to do."

"So that means that the killer is staying at the hotel?" AJ asked.

"Pretty much," Jack answered, "he's been there the whole time and we didn't know it. He's probably still there actually. We just don't know who he is or anything that could help us identify him. He could be anyone that is staying at the hotel right now."

"Then why are we still staying there?" Nick asked.

"You know that we've been ordered to stay," Jack answered.

"Come on, you're incharge of our safety! If we are in danger, it's your job to keep us safe! Right now, safety is getting us out of that damn hotel and putting us where this guy can't get to us," Nick yelled.

"Carter relax!" Jack warned, "nothing is going to happen to you guys while we are watching you guys. Carlos and myself as well as the rest of the crew are going to keep you safe and out of harms way."

"Both Howie and AJ were attacked," Brian yelled, "I think that's putting them in harms way! We could have lost them both! We came pretty damn close to losing AJ. I want us all out of the hotel because I am not going to sit back knowing that all of us are in danger! I'm not losing someone I love!"

"You won't lose anyone!" Jack yelled back, "no one else is going to get hurt. We've learned from what happened and we are going to start handleing things better. I promise you that no one else is going to get hurt and we are all going to make sure of that so just relax!"

"If were weren't staying at that god damn hotel we wouldn't be in this situation to being with!"

"How the hell were we supposed to know that people were going to get killed there Brian? It's not like we set out to look for the worst hotel to put you guys in! It just happened there! This isn't anyones fault so stop trying to put the blame on me or anyone else! No one could have ever imagined that this was going to happen to any of us. We are trying to figure it out just like you are so chill out!"

"If you had gotten us there out of the first murder..." Brian yelled.

"Brian that's enough!" Kevin yelled, interupting their fight, "wasn't it you that said we have to stay here because security was here? I told you from the beginning that I wanted to get the hell out of there but like you said, we might not be safe leaving without security so we can't leave until security has done their jobs and figured out who's behind all of this!"

"Kevin, you don't know who's behind this, you don't even have the slightest clue and neither do they! I just think we are keeping ourselves in danger by staying," Brian yelled.

"Shut up, all of you," AJ yelled. Everyone looked over at AJ who was looking at all of them in angry. Brian looked down, he felt horrible already, but he knew that he had the right to be scared. Everyone else was so what was so different about him?

"J, you alright?" Nick asked looking over at him.

"I'm fine, I just don't want to listen to this shit! It's not making things anything better so I don't think that it's worth it for everyone to be fighting about this. I just say we get the fuck out of the hotel. We can get more security for where ever it is that we go. We need to get new alliases because Brians been figured out," AJ said causing Brian to look up at him in fear.

"What do you mean Brian's has beem figured out?" Jack asked looking at Brian and then at AJ.

"Some fucking freak has been calling Brian and threatening him."

"Brian why didn't you tell us," Jack asked glancing over at Brian.

"I was scared. He told me not to say anything because he would go after one of the guys. I didn't want anyone else to get hurt," Brian responded.

"Has he called you recently?"

"No, the last one was the night AJ was shot. Right before it happened, he was going to tell Carlos about it," Brian answered, "because I wouldn't."

"This could have been serious Brian," Jack told him, "this guy could have been involved in the murders. You should have told us so that we could look out for you guys."

"I just thought that it was a prank," Brian explained, "the first call happened when me and Nick were in his room and we were calling family to let them know that we were okay and then the phone rang and it was this guy. He called me once after that and that was it."

"Still, you should have let us know what was going on," Jack said again. Brian looked back to the floor. He hoped that nothing would happen after this. Security knew about it so no matter what, this guy would find out that he had talked. He didn't tell them about the new calls. Would that really matter though? This was obviously someone who had something wrong with him, otherwise no one would have been killed.