- Text Size +
Chapter 15

"We're calling the police," Jack said to AJ and Nick, "it's been twenty minutes. We are probably just wasting time."

"No," Nick said to Jack, "he's alright. Come on, lets just wait a little longer."

"That's really not a good idea. He might be in real danger," Jack said softly. Nick nodded and Jack went off to talk to the rest of security and get help there as soon as possible.

"Nick what's wrong with you?" AJ asked, "why didn't you just let Jack call the police? What if like he said, Brian was in real danger? We could just be making this worse by waiting."

"He's alright AJ," Nick said.

"How do you know that?" AJ asked angrly.

"I just do alright!?" Nick yelled and began to leave the room and then he felt AJ's hand grab him.

"You're not going anywhere. It's not safe to go out there and you know it. So just sit your ass down and relax because I'm not letting you out of here. I don't want anything to happen to you. Is that clear?" Nick continued to look at AJ but made no attempt to answer him. "Is that clear Nick?" AJ yelled when he didn't answer.

"Yeah, fine," Nick answered and AJ loosened his grip on Nick but neither men moved.

"Where's Brian?" Nick and AJ turned to the door and saw Kevin standing there, worried.

"We don't know," AJ answered, "but they are getting the police and it's probably only a matter of time before we find him, safely. After all, we have security and the police looking for him. It's their jobs to bring people home safely, they won't let us down."

"Wait," Kevin said, not completely clear on what AJ had said, "Brian's missing?"

"Yeah," he answered, softly, carfully.

"How long as he been gone?"

"We don't really know. Originally, we thought that he had just went for a walk and that was like twenty minutes ago. We don't know how long he had been gone before that," AJ confessed. Kevin rubbed the back of his neck, not really sure what to do. He was so conflicted as to handle this. Mostly, he was upset, his cousin was gone, possibly hurt. Yet, a part of him was angry. Brian knew that he wasn't supposed to leave the hotel without security, but all the blame couldn't be placed on Brian, this was a tough time for all of them.

"What's going to happen from here?" Kevin asked softly.

"We don't know. Jack just went to get the police, when he comes back, he'll probably have some rules for us and stuff so that the rest of us don't get into this situation. We're going to be taken care of," AJ answered. Kevin glanced over at Nick.

"What's wrong little Bro? You look mad," Kevin commented.

"It's nothing," Nick answered quickly.

"Alright, but you can talk to any of us, you know that right?"

"Yeah, Kev, I know that. I've always known that." Kevin smiled.

"Well, I'm going to head back to me and D's room. Better not leave him alone in there," Kevin told them and then headed into the direction that his room was in.

"Kaos, what's wrong man?" AJ asked once Kevin had left.

"Nothing, didn't you hear me tell Kevin the same thing when he asked me?" Nick snapped, sitting on a chair and letting his head fall back.

"I know you're upset but don't take it out on me," AJ said, "I'm only trying to help you. We all are. You're not the only one going through this. Kev, D and myself are too so don't take your anger out on us. Cause we sure as hell don't need it right now." Nick looked at AJ, but again, said nothing. "I'm going to see what's up with Jack, stay here."

"Yeah," Nick answered and AJ walked into the hallway. Nick stood up and walked into the bathroom and locked the door behind him. He pulled out his cell phone and dialed quickly.

"Hello?"

"Why the hell did you take Brian," Nick asked angrly.

"Why are we jumping to conlusions?" the voice asked, "you don't even know that I have him for sure. You have no proof."

"Come on, don't fuck with me. I told you I was good. You don't have to do this. Brian doesn't have any part in this. Just leave him alone. You already attacked AJ. I got your point then," Nick yelled.

"It doesn't hurt to have a little security to make sure you keep your word," he answered.

"My word is good, just leave Brian alone. He doesn't have anything to do with this. This is between me and you. So lets keep it that way."

"He'll be alright as long as you keep your word. It's as simple as that. But if you try and pull something, well, I'm sure you can figure that much out for yourself."

"I swear to god if you hurt him..."

"You two sound so much alike," he interupted.

"What?" Nick asked confussed.

"He said the samething to me when he thought that I was going to hurt you," he said evilly, "it's a shame that he doesn't know what you're really all about, but I'm sure that he'll find out soon enough though. You can't hide what you are forever."

"Nick what are you doing in there?" AJ called out while banging on the door. Nick hung up his cell phone and put it in his pocket.

"Nothing," he answered opening the door and stepping out into the open, "I just needed to go to the bathroom and I was side tracked by something outside the window."

"What was it AJ" asked quickly.

"Nothing, just the view. There was no one out there AJ," Nick answered when he saw that AJ hadn't believed him, "you can even check for yourself. I'm just so out of it, it was that easy for my attention to be lost."

"Alright man, I was just looking out for you. I don't want anything to happen to you. It's bad enough already with Howie getting attacked, me getting shot and now Brian's missing," AJ told him, "I know how you're feeling. It's scary man."

"Scary isn't the word to describe it," Nick said, "it's more than that, it's personal."

"What?"

"Come on, you can't say that this isn't striking a little to close to home for you. We are all getting pulled into this and who knows which one of us is next?" Nick answered.

"This isn't going to happen to any of us. Jack and the rest of the team are looking after us, they'll make sure nothing happens to us."

"Like they were watching when you got shot? Or when Brian left here?" Nick yelled, "if you ask me, that isn't really doing a good job. Brian is probably in a lot of danger right now, and what are they doing? Not a fucking thing!"

"Nick, relax. They aren't doing anything because they have nothing to go by. I'm sure that when they get some information, they are going to act on it and it'll be alright."

"What information are they going to get? There was two murders already and they don't know a god damn thing! The son of a bitch attacked you and you didn't even get a look at him," Nick yelled, reminding AJ of that night, "if you came that close to him and got nothing, what do you think they are going to get huh?"

"They are trained professionals!" AJ pointed out, "and they are handling this the best that they can with the little that they have. It's not like you know anything that would help them out so I don't know why you're getting so crazy over something that you don't even know how to fix."

"You're right," Nick said falsely giving in, "I'm just as helpless as you are, but that doesn't mean that I don't have the right to worry about my best friend! I'm doing this because I don't know if I'm going to lose him or not! You, you have other friends outside of the band, me, it's all you guys. You guys are all that I've got and I'll be damned if I let you guys go without a fight!"

"We're not going anywhere Nick!" AJ yelled.

"You almost died on me," Nick yelled back through his tears, "I was in the abmulance when they said that they weren't sure if you were going to make it! Man, do you know how much that fucking hurt me? Now Brian might be in the same situtation and I'm not about to sit back and let that happen. There is no way in hell that I'm going to sit back and watch as we all go crazy because of some sick fuck."