- Text Size +
Chapter 16

Brian looked around where he had been moved to. He didn't remember being moved, but never the less, he was in a different room than he was before. This room, would be almost impossible to get out of. It was smaller and darker than the room before had been. Brian sighed and touched the back of his head. The bleeding had stopped but he was still in great pain. His eyes attempted to adjustice to the darkness but he was in too much pain to clearfy things enough for him to make out where he was. What was going to happen from here, he wondered. In the time that this man had been harrasing Brian, he said nothing about what he wanted or why he was doing any of this to begin with.

Thinking back on his entire life, nothing came to mind that might have made someone want to do this to him or two the other guys. Kevin wasn't hiding anything like this, at least Brian thought that he wasn't. He was the best target if Kevin for some strange reason had something to do with any of this, being that they were cousins. This would really be hitting close to home. Going after someones flesh and blood. Then again, there was no way that Kevin was involved, there was just no way. He wouldn't have anything to do with this guy for any reason, Brian thought.

There had to be a reasonable explaination for all of this. There was no way that AJ had anything to do with this considering that he was one of this guys targets. Howie, another target. Besides, Howie wasn't the kind of guy that would get himself mixed into anything like this. He was careful. Kevin, well, he already knew why it wasn't Kevin. All who was left was Nick, but he had known each other since Nick was only 13, there was no way that Nick was involved. He had done somethings that would get him in trouble before, but who hasn't done something that they wished they hadn't? Oddly, Nick being involved made sense, this all started off with a phone call that was intended for Nick.

What was he thinking? None of the guys were involved. What would ever make him even consider one of his brothers being involved in something that had hurt them all so much. This guy was probably jealious. Jealious of all the fame that they had. Who ever he was, he wanted the spotlight. He wanted to be who they were and would stop at nothing to get that, Brian told himself. That was probably how he knew all of their names and everything. He was a fanatic who would go to the ends of the earth to make his plan work. It wouldn't look as if he had planned it if he killed two other people that he thought had nothing to do with them. There would be no evidence that he intended to kill at least one of them, if not all of them. Then maybe a few other people then he would stop, just to make it look as if the guys weren't his intended targets but innocent by standers who were simply in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Nick lay in the bed, staring at the celing. AJ had fallen asleep about twenty minutes before, he was lucky Nick thought. To be able to sleep so carefree and not have gulit hanging over his head keeping him awake, wanting to make things better. Brian might be dead right now, he realized. This guy wasn't really one to keep things clean and easy. He would probably hurt Brian just to make sure that he had Nick in his complete power and that he would be able to get anything that he wanted from Nick. Nick hated that this guy had so much control. At this point, now that he had Brian, Nick was willing to do almost anything to make sure that his best friend, and brother, was returned to them safely.

Nick rose from the bed and walked into the bathroom. He sighed and looked at himself with almost hatred towards himself. He had caused all of this, and he was the one that was going to have to end it. It was up to him to make sure that no one else was hurt because of the stupid choices that he made. Kevin, Howie, AJ and Brian didn't desirve to suffer like this. None of this was supposed to happen to them. The only thing that was left to do was to put an end to all of this.

Everyones life may be in his hands, and he knew that he couldn't mess up. Too many lives were at risk right now, including his own. Nick went into the bedroom and grabbed his cell phone and went back into the bathroom so that he wouldn't wake AJ. Nick dialed that all too familiar number and waited as it rang. He kept waiting but no one answered. He sighed and hung his phone up, he would have to try again later. Then as he was heading out of the bathroom, his cell phone rang.

"Hello?" he answered softly, and as calmly as he could manage.

"Trying to check up on Mr. Littrell are we?" the man asked.

"Look, come on, lets just end this alright?" Nick asked, "Brian has nothing to do with this. He doesn't know anything so please, just let him be. Whatever you're planning to do to him, do it to me. I'm the reason for all of this, not Brian."

"Brave move, but unlikely," he told Nick, "I want to make sure that he knows what you really are."

"I told you, I'm done with that," Nick said angerly, trying to keep his voice down so that he wouldn't wake AJ.

"It's not that easy Nickolas and you know it," he answered, "once you're in, you're in. If you want out, the only way to go about it is to be killed."

"No, that's not what my understanding was," Nick told him, "I was told.."

"Everything that everyone else was told. Do you really think they were going to make an acception for you? Just because you're famous? They would kill you just like anyone else and not think twice about it. So you better just keep playing by the rules or things are just going to get worse."

"How are things going to get worse? Two of my best friends were caught in something that they never should have known about. I walked away from that point in my life and I told you that, and I told everyone that I was done, I was happy with how things were going."

"You're so ignorant," the man told him, "you gave your life to us. There is nothing that you can do about that. You belong to us."

"Look, I told you I would finish my business and then I was done. I'm not coming back to you guys and that's that. There isn't anything that you can do to make me change my mind alright?"

"Nothing huh? Well, I've got something that might make you change your mind about that," he laughed, "Mr. Littrell means a lot to you right? I'm sure that it would be absolutely devistating to you if something happened to him."

"I swear to god if you touch him," Nick warned, "that will be the last thing that you ever do."

"No, I don't think so," he answered, "well we just have to wait and see what happens now don't we?" he said and then hung up the phone. Nick closed his cell and leaned against the wall. Why did he have to open his big mouth. This guy was crazy and now he was probably going to do something to Brian because of what just happened.

Nick let his body slide slowly down the wall. When he reached the floor, he let his head fall back and hit the wall. He let a tear of guilt run down his check. While he remained on the floor, he uttered a silent prayer that Brian would be alright. When he was able to pull himself together, he stood up from the floor and walked back into the main area of the hotel room. AJ hadn't moved, which meant that he didn't know what had just gone on. If he could prevent this from happening to anyone, then that's what he was going to do even if it took everything that he had to do it.

Now how was he going to make sure that this guy was going to leave his brothers alone? Lately he hadn't been thinking straight since this whole thing started. At first it was out of fear, then it was out of anger when he found out who was behind all of this. Nick walked to the window and looked out at the peaceful night that lie before him. Nick let his head drop into his arms. Guilt was really something that could drive someone crazy. Suddenly, Nick looked up, he knew what had to be done