- Text Size +
Chapter 19

The driver pulled up to the front of the hotel and stopped the car. Nick slowly stepped out of the car, still pointing the gun towards the driver. He looked around to see how many people from security was down there. He spotted Jack, who was staring at Nick in total shock. Nick turned his eyes back to the driver, he didn't want them to know about what he had done before, but they were there to help him end it.

"Jack," Nick yelled, "get over here." Jack came running towards Nick. He was still in shock as to what was unfolding before him.

"Who's this?" Jack asked nodding his head towards the driver whos hands were in the air.

"A driver," Nick answered.

"Why do you have a gun pointed towards him?" Jack asked. Nick looked at Jack and then slowly lowered the gun.

"That was the only way that I could get him to take me here," Nick told him.

"Nick..." Jack started but was interupted.

"I want you to take him. He is going to take you to the man who was behind all of this," Nick told Jack, then pointed the gun towards the driver once again, "aren't you?"

"Yes sir," he answered softly.

"Now, are the police on their way Jack?" Nick asked still aiming the gun towards the driver.

"Yeah, they'll be here any second," he answered, "why don't you put the gun down Nick. We've got it from here. Besides, this man doesn't look like he wants to cause any harm. So Nick please put down the gun." Nick felt tears forming in his eyes as he lowered the gun again. He didn't want to hurt this guy, he just wanted to make sure that he helped him put an end to all of this.

"I just don't want to be a part of this any more," Nick answered softly.

"Part of what?" Jack asked as a car came speeding by. Nick was frozen in place when he saw the window roll down. Everything seemed as if it was moving in slow motion. He didn't know what to do. Then suddenly a gun was slowly slid out the window, towards Nick. Jack took notice of this then pushed Nick to the ground so that he wouldn't be hit. Then Jack hit the ground and a shot was fired. The car went speeding down the street. Once they were sure that the car was gone, they stood up. The driver had been killed. Nick closed his eyes and turned away so that he wouldn't have to look at the body that was in the car.

"Part of that," Nick said, answering Jacks last question. Jack looked at him and then down the street. Whoever it was had made a clean get away. No one saw where they went.

"What was that all about Nick?" Jack asked as he turned to face Nick.

"The life that you guys weren't supposed to know about. I was done with it. You have to get the guy who's behind this because he isn't going to stop until I'm dead."

The police arrived shortly after and took as much information out of Nick that he was willing to supply. Meaning, he told them about the house and about the man involved but didn't mention the nature of his involvement with him was. He simply said that he happened to be in the right place at the right time and that was good enough to save someones life, the life of his best friend.

"Nick, what was that all about?" AJ yelled as he saw Nick and Jack walk in. All of them had seen and heard everything. It was almost like the person standing before them wasn't the guy that they had known for the past nine years but someone who was so close to him that it was scary.

"We should talk about this upstairs," Nick simply answered and walked off towards the stairs. He walked up with everyone following slowly behind him. It was almost as if they had become fearful of him. Probably because in the past 24 hours, they had seen so many things about him that they didn't even know exisited, it seemed like he was a complete stranger. When they reached the room, Nick ordered that Jack stay out side and keep guard and the other followed him in.

"Now, do you want to tell me what this was all about?" Brian asked. Nick looked over at him, and took off his sun glasses. His eyes were bloodshot and he was near tears.

"I was hoping that you guys never had to find out about this," Nick started, "I've known him, that guy you met earlier Brian, for a long time. When I was younger, before the group, I started to hang out with the kid, this guys son. Me and him became friends and then I was pulled into his whole operation. It was kinda like the mob, but it wasn't ya know? They were just in it to be in it, you understand. These people are well known drug and weapons dealers. They were the people that got guns and stuff to the people that weren't supposed to have them and a lot of people died because of it. I ended up learning too much and they made me decided. They would either kill me, and I knew they had the means to do it, or I could join them. At that point, I didn't know how bad things were. I didn't know the complete extent of what I was doing. I started to become more and more involved in everything, I even killed a few people," Nick continued crying, "then I met you guys and the group got together and things were getting better for me. I just didn't leave them. I couldn't, I was too scared. Then finally, one day about a year ago, I said that I was done. That I didn't want to be involved in it any more and that was I was happy with where my life was taking me. Then the first murder happened. At first, I didn't know that it was him, then I started to get phone calls from him and I promised that I would join them again. I didn't want anyone else to get hurt, but he didn't stop. He got a hold of Brian and I guess he wanted a little fun. He did that so that he could have Brian to hold against me just incase I changed my mind. I had to make him believe that I was staying. He even assigned me something to do. Then the driver was going to take me to the airport and thats when I pulled the gun and made him take me here. After that, I called here and asked for security." Everyone just looked at him, they didn't know what to say to him. Their brother had been living a secret life.