- Text Size +
Chapter 3


Brian kept his word and went straight to Lisa's house and straight back to the hotel. When he arrived back and went up to his room, he found that Nick and AJ had left. He walked out of his room and began knocking on the doors of the other guys. None of his knocks were answered until he reached Kevins room and found that everyone was with him. He light out a silent sigh of relief, he had begun to think that something had happened to all of them. He was so relieved to find that everyone was alright.

"How is she?" Nick asked when Brian walked into the room.

"She's still a little upset, but I told her to keep in touch with me because I wanted to know if things worked out for her," Brian answered, "I also told her that I would be there if she needed to talk. Kinda like since she doesn't know me, she doesn't have to worry about me telling anyone she knows about how she feels."

"I guess," AJ said softly. He didn't think that anyone had heard him.

"What did you mean by that?" Brian asked looking at AJ.

"Rok, think about this, in a way she knows who you are. Mr. BackStreet Boy, if she doesn't know who you are, someone she knows will. Just don't get to worked up about helping her. You're doing a great thing in all, I'm glad you're liked that, you've always helped me, but she might not want to talk, that's all I'm saying," AJ told him.

"Yeah I guess you're right. I was just trying to help that's all," Brian said.

"She might need your help so you'll be able to step in," AJ encouraged, "you never know right?" Brian smiled. Brian had always been the one that wanted to help other people. It was probably because of how he was raised. He was the kind of person that could be made happy just by seeing someone smile because of something that he helped do to make their lives better. Overall, he was a real great guy. He had a great heart.

"What are we going to do from here?" Brian asked everyone. He was hoping that they had begun to plan something while he was gone.

"We have no idea yet," Kevin answered seriously.

"I just know I want to get my ass out of here," AJ added to the conversation, "I really don't think staying here is going to help us any."

"It's going to get us killed, that's what it's going to do," Nick said to AJ.

"No it won't Nick," Howie said.

"How the hell do you know?" Nick snapped angerly, "anything can happen."

"We have enough security to keep us safe. No one will be able to get to any of us," Kevin informed Nick.

"What about everyone staying here? What are they supposed to do?" Nick asked.

"This is probably an isolated incident, not a random act of violence. It was premeditated," Kevin explained to Nick.

"You don't know that."

"Nick just stop this shit," AJ warned, "you're freaking us all out."

"Hey, I'm sorry that I don't want to die. I just have a lot to live for ya know?"

"We'll be safe," Brian said putting his hand on Nicks shoulder. Nick turned to look at him, but didn't say anything. Rather, he just looked at Brian, showing him the fear that was inside his eyes. He was really scared about all of this. No one said anything for awhile after that. Nick had decided not to say anything because it would probably lead to an arugment with someone anyway. It just wasn't worth it at this point. They were all startled by a knock that came upon the door. Brian looked over at Kevin, with his eyes wide.

"I'll get it," Kevin said standing from the chair in which he was seated and slowly walked towards the door.

"Becareful," Brian warned. Kevin nodded when he arrived at the door. Slowly, he unlocked it and slowly opened the door partway, just so that he could see into the hallway.

"Is everyone there?" a voice asked. It was instantly familiar to all of them. It belonged to one of the security guards that had been with them for a long time. Relief filled the hotel room.

"Yeah, we're all here, safe and sound," Kevin answered.

"Good, just checking on you guys. Just wanted to let you know that we've toughened security. No one will be able to get into the building unless they have ID checked and they are signed in at the main desk. We have security guarding all back and side doors. No need to worry about safety," he said.

"That's good. I'll sleep a little better tonight knowing that," Kevin told him.

"Okay guys, if you need anything, or if there is anything that you want to be checked out, come get one of us," he told them, "don't go wondering around by yourselves."

"I doubt that any of us was going to do that any way," Kevin repiled.

"Well just to make sure. Just remember, do not investigate anything on your own. You may be putting yourself in danger. Call me or one of the other guys."

"Sure, we can do that. No problem," Kevin answered. The guard nodded and left the room.