- Text Size +
Chapter 6


Howie dropped his suitcase on the dresser in his new room. Nick had convinced him that by doing this, he would be helping Brian and that things would probably be a little bit better as well. Howie walked over to the window and opened it. His new room was really hot. There seemed to be no air in the room. Once the window was open, the room became more tolerable. Taking in his new surroundings, Howie decided to sit on the couch and read the book that he had started. When he dropped onto the couch, he opened the book to the page that he had left off.

In a few minutes time, Howie was completely lost in his book. His mind was so lost in the book that he didn't hear the balcony doors open and a strange man walk in and stop after only taking one step into the room. Howie began to feel that something was wrong when the breeze that was in the room had suddenly become stronger. Folding down the page where he had left off, Howie looked up and was frightened to see someone in his room.

"Who the hell are you?" he asked the strange man. A mask covered his face. The only feature that anyone could see was the dark brown eyes that this man had. Those eyes made Howie become uneasy. "What do you want?" Howie asked when he saw the man taking a few steps towards him. Howie stood up from the couch and began to walk towards the door.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you Mr. Dorough," the man warned. Howie stopped where he was when the man spoke. His voice was filled with something that could only be described as pure evil.

"What is it that you want?" Howie asked again hoping that he would be able to get himself safely out of this situation. He tired to hide all of his fear and was fairly succesful.

"You're a smart man, why don't you figure it out," he said pulling a gun out from his pocket and slowly pointing it towards Howie.

"Woah," Howie said, "you don't have to do that. Whatever you want, you got it man. Take whatever you want, just don't hurt me." The man released the safety as Howie remained where he was, not moving. His heart was racing. Was this it? Was this how his life was going to end? Did his fate say that he was to be murdered in a hotel when he had finally achieved his dream? One thing was for sure, he wasn't going to go quietly.

"Just think about it," the man said, "this has all just begun." Howie remained still as did the man. The man aimed the gun towards Howie's head. Instantly, Howie reacted and he ran out of the room. It wasn't exactly the heroic escape that he had wished for, but he was alive and that's all that mattered.

"Brian!" he yelled when he was in the hallway. His voice was filled with fear, "Brian!!"

"D what's wrong?" AJ asked coming out of his room.

"Call 911 or something. Someone was just in my room and he tried to shoot me," Howie quickly told AJ.

"What? Are you alright?" AJ asked concerned.

"Yeah, I'm fine but we have to get the hell out of here."

"Lets go get Carlos," AJ said exiting his room and made sure that his door was locked tightly. He motioned his head for Howie to follow him when he was sure that the door was locked. The two men took the elevator down to where all of their security was staying. They found themselves are Carlos' door and they knocked loudly.

"What's wrong?" Carlos asked as he saw the anxioty in Howies eyes.

"Someone broke into my room and came after me," Howie answered, still in complete shock that this had happened.

"Did you get a good look at him?"

"No he had a mask on, but I can tell you that he has a gun. When I realized that he was going to shoot me, I got my ass out of there. I wasn't going to go out like that, no way."

"Did you leave your door unlocked?"

"No, but he got in through the balcony doors," Howie explained.

"You have to be shitting me," he said with fustration in his voice.

"No, I'm serious. I was reading my book and I saw him when I decided to look to see where a breeze was coming from."

"Did he say anything to you?"

"He told me to think about it because it has all just begun," he answered softly.

"What the hell does that mean?" AJ asked.

"Gee I don't know, maybe we should go up there and ask him," Howie snapped.

"Don't get smart with me. I'm not...."

"Stop it," Carlos warned. Howie looked at AJ, but both had decided that any further comments to each other would get them into a situation that was worse than the one they were already in. "I'm going to let the police know what happened."

"What am I going to do now?" Howie asked, "I'm not going back to my room."

"You should get everyone else and bunk up with each other. If you're not alone, this person can't strike. There would be a whitness."

"Unless he killed the whitness," AJ commented.

"Just tell the rest of the guys and get them to bunk up so that they're not alone." They nodded and headed back upstairs. When they reached their floor, AJ and Howie knocked on Nick, Brian and Kevin's doors. Soon, they were all gathered in the hallway.

"What's up?" Brian asked, "and why are we all out here?"

"Howie was attacked," AJ informed.

"What!" Brian shouted shocked, "I told you that phone call wasn't a prank Nick!"

"Wait, what phone call?" Kevin asked.

"Before we switched rooms, me and Nick were hanging out and we were going to call everyone back home and let them know that we were okay, but the phone rang and I answered it. It was some guy and he was talking about how he was always watching us. When I tried to find out who he was, he threatened me. He also said if I told anyone about the call, that I wouldn't live long enough to be able to prove it," Brian answered.

"You should have told us about that! Someone could have been hurt!" Kevin scolded.

"I didn't know what to do! Nick was trying to convince me that it was just a prank. I kinda believed him but figured that we should change rooms anyway just incase."

"Why the hell would that have been a prank Nick?" Kevin yelled.

"Come on, you have celebrities in a hotel that just had two murders. Someone out there took advantage of the moment. I sure as hell know that I would have. I figured that they just called to give us a little scare and not do any harm other than that, sorry," Nick answered.

"It's alright," Howie told Nick, "but I just want you guys to know that Carlos wants us to bunk up with each other so that we aren't alone any more. Cause I was alone when I was attacked." They nodded, this was for their safety and it really wasn't a bad idea.

"Me and Bri can share a room," Nick suggested.

"Yeah," Kevin said, "so that means me, Howie and AJ share."

"Actually," AJ said, "I would rather go with them."

"Alright so me and Howie," Kevin said, "Now do we stay in these rooms or get more?"

"I guess we can stay. Since we aren't alone anymore, this person won't attack. At least I hope so," AJ thought.

"Okay, lets get movin'," Kevin said walking into his room. Howie remained where he was standing. AJ, Brian and Nick looked over at him.

"What's wrong D?" AJ asked.

"Can someone come with me to get my things?" Howie asked, "I don't want to go in there alone."

"Yeah, no problem," AJ said, "Rok, we can take my room. I'll see you guys in there in a few." Brian nodded. Then he and Nick walked off to their rooms to get their things. AJ and Howie began to walk down the hall. Soon, they arrived at Howies room. The door was still open from when he made his escape. Slowly, AJ leand into the room, checking to see if anyone was in there waiting. "It's safe."

"Okay," Howie said walking into the room. He walked over to the dresser and grabbed his bag and then to the couch to get his book. When he had all of his possesions, the two of them left the room. Howie let out a long sigh of relief after they left the room. It was completely obvious that he was glad to be leaving that room. Not that anyone could blame him. His life was almost ended there.

"Okay D, here ya go," AJ said as they walked passed Kevins room, "you know where to find me if you need me." Howie nodded and began to open the door. "Oh and D," AJ said causing Howie to look at him, "I'm glad you're okay."

"Me too," Howie said with a hint of relief in his voice. AJ smiled and began to walk towards his room. When he opened the door, Brian and Nick were inside.

"Just one thing," Brian said when AJ came into the room, "sleeping arrangements. How is that going to work? There's only one bed and one couch and I don't think any of us want to sleep in the same bed with each other."

"We can see if they can send up a cot or something," AJ told Brian, "and then we can alternate every night."

"Good idea," Nick said, "cause I really wouldn't like waking up and seeing one of your faces first thing in the morning."

"Hey, we're the ones that are being spared here. How anyone could wake up to you," AJ said but stopped.

"What were you going to say? Tell me," Nick demanded.

"That I sympathis with the poor soul," AJ said with a wide smurk on his face. Nick brushed off AJ's comments with a laugh.