- Text Size +
A/N: Enjoy and drop a review.Would be greatly appreciated =).

~^Chapter One^~

"Mercedez,stop being so difficult please." AJ McLean growled frustrated as he plopped on the couch.Dropping his head in his head,the little girl that sat next to him starred silently from him to her mother.She finaly sighed and walked over to her mother.

"What is-"

"Mom,I'm tired." Seven year old Ashlyn Gavely said tugging on her shirt.Mercedez smiled gently.

"Baby,you can go ly down." Mercedez said ruffling the little girls hair.Ashlyn smiled and disappeared behind the the bed room door.Mercedez's smile faded as the tension grew and she turned back to AJ.

"What's wrong with you?If me and my dauhter don't want to move in with you,we don't have to." Mercedez said sighing.She ran a hand through her raven black hair and her ocean blue eyes directed their intense gaze toward the window.She crossed her arms.

"I'm supposed to take care of you" AJ said standing up from the couch.Walking over he placed his hand on her arms.

"Look baby," he said softly,"I love you and I always fear something is gonna happen to you here."

Mercedz looked at him with a dumbfounded look and soon laughed cruely.Backing up she shook her head grinning harshly.

"Alexander,you act like nothing can happen to me in your home.You act like it's safer than this apartment.Now tell me if you were a thief,where would you break into.An apartment or mansion?The answer's pretty clear *Alex*." she snapped spitting out his name like it was distasteful.Her eyes were clouded and narrowed in anger.

"A thief can break into this apartment too Mercedez!" he groaned.She was purposely being difficult he thought bitterly to himself.

Mercedez fingered with the big diamond encrested ring on her finger.Her engagement ring.Maybe I need to rethink things over she thought harshly.

Looking up she shrugged her shoulders.

"Okay and so?" Mercedez mumbled.

"Do you even care about Ashlyn's childhood Mercedez?" AJ asked pointing his finger toward the closed door.Mercedez's blue eyes flashed with intense anger as her English accent was clear.

"How dare you say that!Obviously you don't know me that well enough to get married!You know I'd die for Ashlyn!" she snapped at him.Snagging her purse off the coffee table she swung open the door and slammed it shut.AJ darted after her out the door.

"Mercedez!" he called as she stepped out onto the sidewalk.He pushed open the doors and stopped just as he saw her body roll over the hood of a car,do a small flip and connect with the hard pavement of the street.There were various screams and whispers.

"Someone call an ambulance dammit!" AJ yelled racing toward her in the street.A crowd was starting to form around them.

Falling to his knees,he placed her head gently in his lap.

"Mercedez..." he whispered gapping.Looking up to the sky he could feel his insides scream to God.

Familar sirens pierced through the air and there was a rush or paramedics which pushed through the crowd.Carefully with the help of AJ, they placed her on a stretcher after checking vital points and wheeled her quickly into an ambulance.Climbing in AJ looked down at her as she starred with slitted eyes.Grasping her hand he smiled gently with tears glittering his his deep brown eyes.

"I'm here baby,I'm here..."