- Text Size +
A/N: Thanxs R&R's!

~^Chapter Three^~

"Ashlyn hon,wake up." AJ said shaking her lighty,"Time for school."She stirred slightly.

"Mom?"

He sighed swallowing hard.

"No...it's AJ." AJ said sadly.He sighed as she sat up rubbing her eyes with tiny fists.She looked at him and her shoulders dropped.

"Do you know where mommy is AJ?" Ashlyn asked sleepishly.He stood up clearing his throat.

"Um get ready for school." he mumbled and walked out quickly to the kitchen.

Walking into the kitchen,he looked around sighing.He saw where the bar like counter sat in the middle of the kitchen.

Walking over,he opened the refrigerator and peeked in.His eyes scanned over the few items that sat on the shelves.

Some eggs,pre-cooked bacon,two percent milk,orange and grape juice,pre-packaged salad and a couple of packages of smoked sliced turkey.

He decided to just ask her what she preferred rather than kill himself over what she wanted.He cursed himself silently for not paying much attention to what Mercedez would normally give to her.

Ashlyn walked in to the kitchen and slid on a stool.Her hair was pulled neatly into a ponytail and she wore a plan navy blue sweater which was a "v neck" and a dark green shirt.She had a plaid knee high skirt on and some black socks.Her black shoes ly near the door.

"AJ,where's my mom?" she asked.Her eyes became glassy as she blinked.AJ closed his eyes and sat down on a stool.Ashlyn looked down at the counter.

He rubbed his hand over his face and looked back at her.

"Ashlyn,do you know what a coma is?" AJ asked.Ashlyn looked up and nodded.He sighed softly.

"She's in a coma.Some one hit her with a car.I am gonna try an become your legal guardian until she wakes." AJ said softly.

"Oh." Ashlyn mumbled.She swallowed and looked out the window with tears glistening in her eyes.

"Was it about us moving in with you again?" she asked swallowing hard again to keep the tears down.

AJ ran a hand through his spikes and looked away from her.

"Yeah.Yeah it was." he admitted.She nodded and slumped back in her chair roughly wiping a tear from her face.

"Want some breakfast?" AJ asked nervously biting his lip.

"No,"she said softly,"I just want to go to school."


A/N: I know that in some hospitals or possibly all they will not give information out to nobody but the family but bear with me on this please.I don't go to hospitals very often for friends since I never have any friends go into hospitals.Thanks =) and take the hint below...