- Text Size +
Chapter 31 - Taking A Stand

"Teagan, please, do me a favor and stop chewing out my ass!" Brian barked for what seemed like the millionth time as he concentrated on the road ahead of him. He found his head throbbing with a new found pain as Teagan continued to shriek within his ear. As if he hadn't got enough bitching from Coach Hanson before having to run laps for screwing up the game. He almost had cruel thoughts about crashing his car to shut her up, if it wasn't for the fact that it was brand new and extremely expensive. But he just couldn't take Teagan's pressure anymore. She was driving him utterly insane.

"You think I'm going to stop? Hell, no! Brian, I don't understand what was going on in your head! You completely ruined Tartan's record and for what?! Just because you didn't want to go along with Oriana's plays?"

"They were shitty—"

"No, you just decided to play shitty and that was stupid!" Teagan steamed, shaking her head in disappointment. She couldn't believe her boyfriend's attitude towards the whole game. He deserved every lecture that someone decided to give him, and she was going to make sure he listened to hers the most.

"I didn't decide to play fucking anything, so don't go laying anything down on me. You weren't even watching the damn game, so don't start this 'holier than thou' shit," Brian spat, accelerating the car's speed to adjust to his anger.

"Fuck you, I was watching the game and you blew it on purpose. I can barely play football and I could have done better than you tonight— Slow down! Jesus, you're going to crash the car!"
"It’d be better than listening to your bitching," Brian growled, turning a tight corner, almost causing the car to turn onto its side. Yet it didn't seem to fluster him as he persisted in his absurd paranoia that everyone was against him.

"Excuse me? You have no right to talk to me like that!" Teagan snapped, holding onto her seatbelt for dear life.

"And you have no right to be ramming me up the ass with the dildo you think you have strapped between your legs!"

"You're fucking disgusting!"

"And you're fucking playing with my last nerve, woman."

"You brought it all on yourself, so deal with it."

"I am dealing with it!"

"By insulting me and speeding like a maniac?!"

"Yes!"

"And you think I'm going to take those insults?"

"Well, you're sitting here, aren't you?" he spat, turning another sharp corner. The worst combination within a relationship were two extremely stubborn personalities, which represented Brian and Teagan. So, fights would tend to erupt into the heat of passion and explode like a hot volcano spewing dangerous spurts of lava.

"Ow!" Teagan cried out as her head hit the passenger window. "Kind of hard to get out of a car driven by a speeding asshole, isn't it?"

"I got no problems stopping the car and letting you walk your ass home," he threatened.

"Or I can just bitch at you some more and make you suffer."

"Suffer, yeah, that's the fucking word for this relationship."

"What are you trying to say?"

"What do you think?"

"Wow. I thought you were different from the other... I guess I was wrong. You're an asshole just like they are—"

"And you're a suffocating bitch," he snapped.

"Oh, really? I guess there's no use in us being together if I'm suffocating poor w’ittle B’wian," she snarled, smacking him with her music folder.

"You took the fucking words right out of my mouth," he growled, slamming sharply on the breaks, pitching them both forward as he launched the car into the driveway.

"Good fucking riddance," she agreed, grabbing her stuff and opened the door. "I'm just glad we never had sex. Then that would have been another thing I would have regretted."

"DAMN STRAIGHT!" he screeched.

"I hope you and your blow-up doll Candy have a nice reunion since you dumped her for me," she smacked him across the cheek as hard as she could before climbing out.

"At least she doesn't leak air through her big-ass mouth!" Brian retorted, refusing to let her have the last word. His cheek stung with a stinging pain, not expecting such a sharp blow. Yet, he didn’t' care as his blood pressure rose dramatically with his fury.

"At least my big-ass mouth has a BRAIN, unlike you!" Teagan screamed, slamming the door as hard as she could. She heard a crack from the newly replaced glass and had to smile with triumph.

"DAMNIT, TEAGAN!"

*~*~*


Oriana hummed softly to herself as she wandered about the length of her bedroom, seemingly in no hurry to dress. Alex and Howie were currently in Alex's room preparing to go to the club, so she was pressed for time. Yet, Oriana didn't really seem too preoccupied with the notion of dressing up. She just wanted to be comfortable, but remembered her promise to Luke. Oriana groaned softly, finally starting to venture toward her large walk-in closet for something decent to wear. She scratched her damp curls with her good hand, mentally switching between outfits for what would at least get Luke's approval. Yet, all of her seductive outfits seemed to be dance outfits. Oriana felt hopeless sometimes.

"Remind me why I saw anything in that piece of shit I called my boyfriend!" Teagan burst as she stormed into Oriana's room. She slammed the door, causing things on Oriana's vanity to shake violently.

"Say huh?" Oriana squeaked in surprise, almost tumbling into her closet. Her heart rate accelerated at the mere approach of Teagan's anger. She had scared the younger girl frightfully.

"I fucking hate Brian so much, I never want to see him again!" Teagan slammed her fist into the heavy oak bedroom door.

"Um, hey, Momma paid good money for that door, let's not break it," Oriana yelped, immediately reaching to grasp Teagan's hand before she could throw another.

"Then I'll go to my room and punch the door for awhile," Teagan went to leave the room.

"Uh-no!" Oriana groaned, grabbing Teagan roughly by the back of her uniform. She tugged the older girl into the room, gently throwing her onto the bed. "You've really got to stop this punching stuff, it's not healthy. And, you already know what I've said. If you freaking want to punch something, go downstairs and take it out on my punching-bag. That's why I bought it... Well, aside from that whole martial arts thing."

"But a door resembles his head so much better than a punching bag," Teagan objected, cradling her aching hand.

"What happened?" Oriana asked instead, easing herself onto the bed beside Teagan's lying form. She felt somewhat stupid sitting there in a tank top and bikini briefs, but it was normal attire for the girls.

"We got into this huge fight... I was yelling at him for blowing the game, so he decided to deny that and insult me instead. After almost crashing the car a few times, we broke up and I broke his window," Teagan explained in a rush, looking up at the ceiling.

"Oh, woah," Oriana breathed in surprise.

"Yeah. Apparently, I'm a suffocating, big-ass mouthed bitch. Maybe that's why Xander almost killed me..."

"Teagan!"

"It could be true! I mean, if you look at all my previous boyfriends... it makes sense!"

"No, it doesn't," Oriana scorned, refusing to let Teagan believe such stupid propaganda. "You just liked the thrill of a bad boy."

"And then I annoyed them, which caused my ass getting beat every time," Teagan added on.

"You didn't deserve anything. You were just a bad judge of character."

"Looks like it struck again with Brian."

"I still love you?"

"I love you, too. Always," Teagan sighed, offering Oriana a sad smile and a kiss on the cheek. "So, where are you going tonight?"

"The Ice House," Oriana answered, resting her cast arm on her lap. Her blue-green eyes naturally brightened at just the idea of dancing. "Luke and I think they have the best salsa mixes and I'm dying to try out some of the moves Maggie wants us the nail..."

"Would it be alright if I come along? I don't want to be around when Brian—" she was interrupted by the slam of a door down the hall. "There he is."

"Dude, you're always welcomed in the clubbing section," Oriana announced, affectionately kissing Teagan's cheek before blowing a raspberry.

"Thanks," Teagan let out a small laugh. "When are you leaving?"

"Whenever Jamie and Howie come out of Jamie's room and I come out of mine..."

"Would you give me a time frame, please?"

"Half hour?"

"Alright, I'll be ready," Teagan hugged Oriana and kissed her cheek once more. "I love you, Duckie."

"I love you, too," Oriana sighed, watching Teagan rise to leave. Oriana jumped up, not wanting to admit she needed Teagan here to just approve of the outfit she decided upon. She felt her heart leap to her throat for the time being. "Um... Wait, you have clothes in here, Gabby. Why don't you just get ready in here?"

"Oh, yeah. I forgot," Teagan laughed a little before walking into the closet. "What are you wearing to the Ice House?"

"Clothing?"

"What kind of clothes?"

"Chick clothes?"

"Oriana..."

"Okay, okay, okay," Oriana groaned, traveling into her large closet. She stepped in front of Teagan, hurriedly flipping through the various garments. She smiled with approval as she plucked a pair of skin-tight black flares from its hanger and then a white tube top covered with a cherry print. "This with my red Adidas?"

"Definitely a good clubbing outfit," Teagan approved, walking over to the dresser and opening the jewelry box. "Wear your diamond earrings with this necklace and you're set."

"Thanks, Mom," Oriana quipped sarcastically with a genuine smile.

"You're funny," Teagan rolled her eyes playfully before picking her own outfit.

"What'cha wearing?" Oriana commented curiously as she slipped behind her silk screen. She hurriedly eased the tight flares onto her body as they adhered like a comfortable second skin, resting just along her hips.

"My black Tripp handcuff pants with a red and black leather corset," Teagan replied, loving her punk side.

"Oh, Lord," Oriana teased with a mock gasp, struggling for a moment with the tube top because of her cast.

"My punk is coming out tonight!" Teagan cackled, quickly slipping on the outfit before moving on to make-up and jewelry.

"And when doesn't it come out?" Oriana quipped, finally stepping out from behind the screen. She fidgeted for a moment, finally noticing how much of her lean stomach was exposed from the low-riding jeans and the small tube top. She attempted to pull down the top when Teagan caught her hands. "I look like a tramp, Gabbers."

"No you don't. I dress like that to the Ice House sometimes. Does that make me look like a tramp?"

"You're beautiful, you never dress like a tramp..."

"And you're beautiful. Hence, you don't dress like a tramp, either. Alright?" Teagan offered a smile.
"But—"

"No buts. Unless it's yours moving to get make-up and jewelry on!"

"No make-up," Oriana groaned immediately. She only applied make-up during her dance recitals, only to Maggie's insistence.

"Eyeliner and mascara. Please?"

"No way."

"Duckie!"

"Lip gloss," Oriana compromised.

"Eyeliner and lip gloss."

"Just lip gloss."

"Eyeliner and lip gloss or I'll pin you down and put it on for you."

"How about I let you do my hair instead of eyeliner?"

"Deal."

"Fine," Oriana sighed, seating herself at the vanity table. She wasn't sure this was the most decent compromise in her favor, but it at least got the eyeliner away.

"Hmm... what to do with your hair..." Teagan tapped her chin in thought.

"Just don't take too long; we graduate in May, you know."

"Yeah, that's what I'll do," Teagan surmised, immediately plucking the clip that had nestled Oriana's curls. She smiled excitedly as the brassy blonde ringlets cascaded down passed Oriana's shoulders in neat ringlets. She immediately wove her fingers through some of the curls to perfect them, and then stepped back with awe. "You're beautiful."

"Teagan," Oriana groaned, staring at her long ringlets. "It's going to be so hot!"

"Of course, you're going to heat the place up with your hotness!" Teagan praised, spritzing the curls with a little hairspray.

"But—”

"No buts!"

Oriana was about to protest, but there was a sharp knock at her door. She groaned softly as Teagan pushed her off the stool so she could fix her own hair. Oriana naturally tucked a few curls behind her ears, traveling to the door as she grasped her sling. She opened it to find Alex sleekly dressed in a pair of white pants, silky black shirt with red flames creeping from the bottom, and a bright red hat. "Well, hello, Dr. Mambo," she whistled, leaning against the door frame with a seductive bat of her eyes.

"You like?" Alex asked with a smirk, turning in a circle to give a full show.

"Yeah, if only I wasn't going to be your little step-sister," she joked, pretending to smother a flame on his shoulder.

"Damn the luck," he snapped his fingers in disappointment. "If I may say... Ry, you are looking hot! Howie's going to be drooling over you all night."

"Um...no..."

"Um... yes…"

"I look like a hooker getting ready for a midnight showing of Rocky Horror," she frowned, still nervous about her appearance. She glanced down and poked haphazardly at her bare stomach, second guessing herself as always. She never saw the beauty that others knew she radiated. She just saw the mistakes.

"Oh, stop it. You look amazing!" Alex complimented, brushing her hand away.

"But—"

"Ry, believe me on this, okay?"

Oriana nervously gazed into her soon-to-be-step-brother's dark eyes as he held tightly to her good hand. She shifted carefully as a blush exploded onto her cheeks. She wasn't used to those compliments. "You sure?"

"Positive."

"I shouldn't change?"

"Nope, everything looks perfect. Who did your hair?"

"Teagan," Oriana answered as Teagan appeared behind her, doing a little twirl. Oriana smiled softly as sensuality exploded from Teagan's inner core. "The gorgeous Teagan..."

"Who helped her even more gorgeous best friend Oriana with a look that will knock Howie off his feet!" Teagan added with a smile as she leaned on the other side of the door way.

"You're both two beautiful ladies," Alex approved, kissing both of their cheeks. The girls exchanged coy smiles, never really noticing Brian's door ease open. "Howie's going to be out in a few minutes, just perfecting himself for you, Ry."

"He could come out in a pair of boxers and I'd fall over," Oriana whispered without thought.

"Duckie!" Teagan exclaimed with a laugh. "Such a kinky idea from an innocent mind!"

"Huh?" Oriana deadpanned, her cheeks flushing with a rosy innocence.

"I heard what you said. Howie just in box—"

"We don't need it repeated," Alex groaned as he covered Teagan's mouth

"Bu—"

"Where are you going, Teagan?" Brian charged, finally coming fully out of his room. He had seen enough of an interaction between his brother and Teagan to make him sorely uncomfortable. He offered a stern glare as he crossed his arms, only making Teagan more defiant in nature.

"What's it your business, Brian? We're not together anymore, so I don't have to tell you anything. Didn't I tell you to go back to your blow-up doll?" Teagan snapped with a roll of her eyes.

"Yeah, you did, but I was hoping to catch up with you so I can return your dildo!"

"At least my dildo would be better than what YOU could give me."

"And that's round one, folks!" Alex interrupted loudly, pushing Teagan down the opposite length of the hallway toward the stairs. He'd have no bloodshed in this house tonight. He watched Brian hurriedly slam his door, causing Oriana to jump. "Why don't you wait for Howie, Slim? While I take Teagan away from the dildo and the blow-up doll conversation?"

"Okay..." Oriana trailed, listening to things crash about Brian's room.

"He does that all the time, don't worry. He won't come out of his room until we leave," Alex kissed her cheek and followed Teagan.

"Dildo and a blow-up doll, damn," Oriana muttered to herself with amusement, leaning against the opposite wall while she waited for Howie. She knew that Teagan had an impressive vocabulary when it came to fighting, but damn.
Oriana waited for only a few more moments before she heard the soft click of a door. She glanced up to see Howie appear before her in all of his handsome glory. She immediately inhaled a sharp breath as her heart rate increased to that of a humming bird. She bit down on her bottom lip, just admiring his raw physique. He looked magnificent in a pair of black slacks, a black wife-beater, and a simple light blue camp-shirt. "Woah..." she wheezed softly.

"You took the words right out of my mouth," Howie agreed, looking at Oriana in awe. Her sleek, tanned body was accentuated in every way with the tight flares and tube top. The light seemed to make her golden curls glow brighter than every ounce of the sun’s glowing rays and Howie's heart skipped a beat.

"Woah, no," she instantly replied, blushing furiously. She pushed away from the wall to stand erect, immediately wrapping her good arm around her exposed torso. She just wanted to change.

"No? Ria, you look amazing!"

"Let's just go, Jamie and Gabby are downstairs waiting," Oriana murmured, slipping down the length of the wall to escape. She wasn't used to compliments such as those. The only comments she received like that always lingered with a painful reminder of unwanted physical transgressions.

"Are you alright?" Howie asked in confusion as he followed her.

"I'm not used to all the compliments I guess," she replied with a half-truth, focusing her eyes on the stairs.

"I hope you can get used to them, because I know I'll be complimenting you a lot."

"Huh?" she answered, stumbling slightly on the stairs. She immediately reached out to grip the banister as Alex almost dove to her aid at the bottom of the stairs. She flustered an embarrassed smile, hating that Howie made her feel so vulnerable.

"I just said that I'll be complimenting you a lot," he replied, smiling as he slipped her a kiss and took her hand from the banister into his own. "You ready to go?"

"Um, yeah," she murmured, her cheeks developing another shade deeper from her rosy blush. She tossed Alex the keys, who quickly proceeded out to the car with Teagan.

"That outfit looks great on you. I mean that," he commented as they headed out the house.

"I think you're obligated to say that," Oriana answered, releasing her hand from his so she could adjust her sling.

"But I mean it," Howie insisted, grasping her hand once she was done fixing the sling.

"You just like looking at this tight washboard I have going," she teased, trying to make light of his serious conversation. She used their hands to outline the curvature of her sleekly toned stomach.

"Well, I have to admit that it is nice to look at," he chuckled, rubbing his thumb on her skin.

"Yeah, now all it needs is pierced," she contemplated, hopping into the back of her car. She looked at Alex eagerly run his fingers along the length of her steering wheel, making her slightly nervous.

"You really want to get your bellybutton pierced?" he asked, sliding into the seat next to her.

"Once I'm done with football... That way the boys can't exactly rip it out during a play. I have enough trouble trying to keep my bra on."

"Oh—"

"Sax, don't go too crazy with the Hummer. This is Duckie's baby," Teagan interrupted with a raise of her eyebrow towards Alex.

"Crazy? Imply crazy?" Alex murmured, licking his lips with a raw animal aggression.

"Um, maybe I should drive..." Oriana trailed.

"I mean it, boy. If you ever want to drive this thing again, you've got to be careful!"

"It's not like I can hurt this thing... Ry, can I take it out for prom? I bet you could get some fine-ass ladies in the back—"

"NO!" the girls shouted in unison.

"Whoa. Double whammy," Alex muttered before revving up the Hummer.

"Howie, tell him to be nice to my baby," Oriana whimpered as Howie reached across to buckle her seatbelt.

"Honestly, dude. Just take it easy on the Hummer, okay?" Howie replied, patting Alex's shoulder.

"The beast can take it!" Alex murmured, feeling the power beneath his foot. He grinned evilly, quickly reversing out of the garage.

"ALEX!" the three of them screeched as he peeled onto the road.